Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Best Western | Best Western Rewards
Reload this Page >

BW new BRG, match lower rate and get $100 travel card [offer is active again]

BW new BRG, match lower rate and get $100 travel card [offer is active again]

Old Jul 14, 12, 11:37 am

Programs: UA 1P, AS MVP, WN CP; MR Ti, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, RR Au
Just had another success after a very tough search. One thing I really like about this program is that the hotel still gets paid, even if they have a penalty later. It's better for them - eases the sting. And it's better for us - no grief or guilt or crappy rooms on check-in.

And I think it's adorable that they actually call you back and leave a voicemail to confirm. So proper.
Old Jul 21, 12, 7:34 pm

I have to disagree. I booked a few days ago at their website bestwestern.com for stay in Brooklyn, NY. (Best Western Plus Arena Hotel )
I got confirmation directly from their website etc, and when I submitted BRG claim, the next day a rep emailed me that I did not book it through bestwestern.com, and sending me 2 dead links for more information about their policy.

I replied to them saying, I definitely booked through your corporate website and comparing it against bookit.com.

I got an email back again saying, nope you did not , your claim is denied.

Come on at least you should have the decency to explain properly to your customer , which website did he/she book it through that you claimed was not from bestwestern.com .

I find it very bogus and superficial, If you don't want to honour your BRG then please at least explain to your customer what was not legit with their claims.
Old Jul 22, 12, 1:15 pm

Programs: The Golden status boy
Did you happen to book using the BW link on Kayak? Because that lists Kayak in the IATA code and will invalidate your claim even though it was done on BW's site. Had that happen to me with a claim and had to rebook directly with BW before the claim was accepted.

As a side note, got my first travel card about a week after my stay. Impressed with the quick turn around.
Old Jul 22, 12, 9:28 pm

Programs: Affiliated with all, participate in some
Last week I wrote an article about being denied a Best Western Best Rate Guarantee claim when I booked through the Kayak.com link for BestWestern.com.

A few days later I received an email from Best Western corporate stating a new memo went out to Best Western BRG representatives with the policy that links to BestWestern.com from meta-search engines like Kayak.com will be honored for Best Rate Guarantee claims.

http://boardingarea.com/blogs/loyalt...0-travel-card/
Old Jul 26, 12, 12:01 am

Originally Posted by spankytoes View Post
Did you happen to book using the BW link on Kayak? Because that lists Kayak in the IATA code and will invalidate your claim even though it was done on BW's site. Had that happen to me with a claim and had to rebook directly with BW before the claim was accepted.

As a side note, got my first travel card about a week after my stay. Impressed with the quick turn around.

No it was actually typed in www.bestwestern.com
So not sure why, they did not bother to give explanation
Old Jul 30, 12, 11:55 am

Programs: UA Silver, HY Diamod, MR Gold, PCR Plat
Does room type be considered?

I booked a 2-double room on BW.com for $83 (refundable) and hotels.com has the same room type (2-double) for $69 (refundable). But BW.com has 2-quene room (non refundable) for $70. Will BW reject my claim based on $1 difference between 2-double and 2-quene room?
Old Jul 30, 12, 12:10 pm

Originally Posted by flyfire View Post
I booked a 2-double room on BW.com for $83 (refundable) and hotels.com has the same room type (2-double) for $69 (refundable). But BW.com has 2-quene room (non refundable) for $70. Will BW reject my claim based on $1 difference between 2-double and 2-quene room?
The terms say "similar room type". In my experience, they have used common sense. So my expectation would be, since the BW site has 2 doubles and also 2 queens, the comparison would be 2 doubles to 2 doubles.

If the BW site had only 2 queens, they might take the 2 doubles as a comparison, especially if you could show that the hotel only has queens (the 2 doubles notation being an artifact of hotels.com)

But either way, in your case, $1 difference is enough, so it should be accepted.
Old Aug 7, 12, 5:32 pm

Getting harder to find...But not in Boston

Tip - For the moment, stays at the Best Western Roundhouse in Boston Mass seem to be higher on the website than they are on booking.com at least for the months of Feb. and March 2013. I've booked rooms there in November and March and received the BRG on fully cancellable "Best Available" rooms. The booking.com rates are lower than the ""Manager's Special" rate (just up) and the Internet only rates at this property. A king suite with microwave. fridge and breakfast for $109 US isn't bad, if you ignore the weather. I booked my rooms months ago, and the booking.com price and website price have not changed. Good luck. Hoping to get a t-shirt like the one Julia Child made famous "I got Scrod in Boston" lol
Old Aug 7, 12, 6:58 pm

I'm really happy with BW customer service... my last travel card was returned by the post office and a rep both called and e-mailed me to get a new address.
Old Aug 17, 12, 9:47 am

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black
BW new BRG, match lower rate and give you $100 travel card

Can the travel card be used outside of the US?
Old Aug 23, 12, 12:16 pm

Programs: The Golden status boy
Yes it can
Old Aug 25, 12, 7:34 pm

Programs: ,BW Rewards, Skymiles, Aeroplan, SPG, IHG, Marriott, Club Carlson, Alaska Airlines
After a few tries and running into Technical T & C conditions, got a BRG.
One night Allen Park, MI. Got my lower rate thru www.getaroom.com. I got phone call confirming my rate match.
Old Sep 3, 12, 10:58 am
Suspended

Programs: ゴールデングローブ
BW BRG Questions

Originally Posted by al613 View Post
I have called with a claim and got a call back with approval within 30 min. New rate $76, so, I'll make money on a $100 card

Can you book 2 rooms for the same night and get 2 $100 card?

I am new to the BW BWR, so some questions:
  • Do I need to call or is an online form sufficient?
  • If there is a refundable and a non-refundable rate, can I match refundable against refundable or does it need to be lowest against lowest?
  • What if I get a claim approved and won't be able to travel? May I cancel?
Old Sep 3, 12, 11:26 am

Programs: ,BW Rewards, Skymiles, Aeroplan, SPG, IHG, Marriott, Club Carlson, Alaska Airlines
Yes you may cancel depends on what rate you booked. You will get travel card after your stay. Only one card ( $ 100 ) per household in a 30 day period. however you will get the lower rates for the all the stays in the 30 day period.,if you have been approved.
Old Sep 6, 12, 9:11 am

Programs: AC E, HH Gold
first time doing this

if when the BW person checks on the expedia website or whatever cheapest rate is from, and it shows there is no room left (cant see prices anymore), will it be disapproved? or can they see history prices somehow? The date I just submitted got 1 room left showing on expedia so fingers crossed?

is the 1 claim/30days per account/address/name or what? We were looking at 2 night stay at the same place with both nights cheaper on expedia, so I booked one night and my wife booked the 2nd night, will it work?

Last edited by getliquid; Sep 6, 12 at 9:51 am

Search this Thread