Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Best Western | Best Western Rewards
Reload this Page >

BW new BRG, match lower rate and get $100 travel card [offer is active again]

BW new BRG, match lower rate and get $100 travel card [offer is active again]

Old Oct 14, 19, 1:33 am

Originally Posted by ecgz88 View Post
problem is the lowest rate show in BW website require you to be a Best Western Rewards member. while the Agoda site don't require membership, but BW still use Rewards Flash Sale rate to compete, I remember few years ago don't work this way, you can just BRG compare to BW regular rate, did BW change the policy?

I think Marriott allow you to use regular rate to BRG, not have to compare to Marriott "member rate"

BW do not compare cancel policies or refundable/non-refundable rate plans between BW website and 3rd party websites.
That is the BW normal practice to reject those unknown to the LRG requirement. As a matter of facts, the competitor's price with the words: "Discounted"/ "Sales"/ " stay yy night and save xx% is not eligible to claim the LRG. In addition, strikethrough the price and show a lower price is also ineligible. BW use the advance purchase price to compete the lower price you found in competitor's website. Even though, I successfully made several LRG claim. The main point is that you must be hardworking to source the price discrepancies in line with BW requirement. As I know, some of the BW hotels are not sensitive to the price shown in the competitor's website. This leads to higher chance to get $100 TC as our LRG reward.
Old Nov 16, 19, 9:47 pm

While I've had nothing but good experiences with Best Western customer service before (they once gave me 40,000 points basically just for asking), their LRG is an unfunny joke. I found a lower rate on Agoda last night and applied for it, only to be told "whoops, sorry, Agoda no longer has the rate". The language in the terms reads that the rate needs to be available not when I submit the claim, but when they get around to reviewing it. What's to stop them sitting on claims until inventory no longer exists at the third party sites? Screenshots aren't enough. Ironically, Agoda just posted the same rate again and I submitted another claim (still within 24 hours). Would love to see what excuse they come up with next. Diamond member, BTW, not that it matters.
Old Nov 17, 19, 8:36 pm

Originally Posted by highlanderfil View Post
While I've had nothing but good experiences with Best Western customer service before (they once gave me 40,000 points basically just for asking), their LRG is an unfunny joke. I found a lower rate on Agoda last night and applied for it, only to be told "whoops, sorry, Agoda no longer has the rate". The language in the terms reads that the rate needs to be available not when I submit the claim, but when they get around to reviewing it. What's to stop them sitting on claims until inventory no longer exists at the third party sites? Screenshots aren't enough. Ironically, Agoda just posted the same rate again and I submitted another claim (still within 24 hours). Would love to see what excuse they come up with next. Diamond member, BTW, not that it matters.
It is great to receive 40000 points (12000 points for US$50). On what ground BW gave you this generous point.
As for your 2nd claim, update us once available.
Old Nov 18, 19, 11:01 am

Originally Posted by Roy Lin View Post
It is great to receive 40000 points (12000 points for US$50). On what ground BW gave you this generous point.
As for your 2nd claim, update us once available.
I actually wrote a blog post about it

How is 12000 points $50, though? I thought it was $10 per 1000 points...

I'm not sure anything will come of the claim, to be honest. Their rules are what they are - I'm just going to look for a different hotel. Plenty of options available in Chicago the week before Xmas.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: