Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Best Western | Best Western Rewards
Reload this Page >

BW new BRG, match lower rate and get $100 travel card [offer is active again]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BW new BRG, match lower rate and get $100 travel card [offer is active again]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2016, 5:33 pm

Originally Posted by MasterGeek
At the beginning, it was easy to get approved. But now it looks that they tightened their approval conditions because too many people want to abuse/profit from the system
I get rejected, they say I book no smoking room and lower price I find does not say NO SMOKING. But hotel is smoke free hotel. This is fair to me????
Old Oct 7, 2016, 6:02 pm

Hi -

Interesting that the LRG only applies to hotels in North America.
Old Oct 8, 2016, 9:16 am

Originally Posted by Orwaid
Interesting that the LRG only applies to hotels in North America.
??
Not in my experience.
Had approved BRG for hotels in France, Italy, Switzerland, during last 6 months.
Old Oct 9, 2016, 2:18 am

Hi -

I said that based off the LRG T&Cs.
Old Oct 10, 2016, 10:29 am

Programs: BA Gold, QF LTG, TK Elite, IHG Amb & HH Diamond
Just got rejected because the room on the OTA had a larger bed (131in vs 130in) and was cheaper.
Old Oct 14, 2016, 1:27 pm

Programs: Priority Club Platinum Ambassador, Club Carlson Gold
Best Western BRG is a total scam, when you find a lower rate on another site they say that the rate you find is lower because of a sell an this is the reason for rejection.

If the rate is lower what is the reason is not important.
They say our rate is lowest and if it is not then there is a sell and BRG do not apply.

But for me the entire best western BRG is a marketing gimmick,
they just want their customers to believe that they have the lowest rates and not to check the price of the other sites.

Last edited by winkny; Dec 23, 2016 at 2:08 pm
Old Oct 16, 2016, 11:35 pm

You are right, but beside of that I claimed more than 12 stays in the last 12 month (with different names). Sometimes it was hard, but it's still possible.
Old Oct 17, 2016, 12:21 pm

Programs: AS MVPG
Virtually ever website besides BestWestern.com had a lower rate. First try was denied due to it non saying non-smoking in the title of the room type, it did say it in the hotel description. Second claim was denied due to it being a "promotional" price because there was another number with a strike through of the dollar amount.

Really seems like this is dead, but they still want to advertise they have a best price guarantee. But they'll deny any price that's lower due to it being a discounted rate, which of course covers every case you'd try to invoke their "guarantee."
Old Nov 13, 2016, 2:49 pm

Recently got a BRG approved (my first with BW). The travel card code is emailed to me within 1 week of the stay. I'm pretty surprised to see the approval email after reading all the comments here. But it at least is not completely dead yet.
Old Nov 16, 2016, 2:58 pm

maybe if you try to claim in US property is different, but in europe most likely the claim is handled by milan office and your are out of luck.
I will be very surprised if somebody is approved from that office.
Recently i find the a room for 50 eur when the bw site was over 100 euro,
and they made up same excuse for rejecting the claim.

The bw guarantee is total scam,
if you want a room in the hotel you are looking for just use the site with the lowest rate and dont count on the BRG.

I will be happy just to receive the lowest rate and let say 20-25% off,
but they offer 100 $ because they now , thy will reject almost all the claims.
Old Nov 17, 2016, 12:54 am

Originally Posted by winkny
I will be very surprised if somebody is approved from that office.
All my claims I referred here was approved by the Milan office. It's actually very easy if you follow their rules.
Old Nov 17, 2016, 10:33 am

Originally Posted by 31570324
All my claims I referred here was approved by the Milan office. It's actually very easy if you follow their rules.
I too was approved by the Milan office. In addition to the US requirements of competitor site showing all amenities that BW.com shows (sofa bed, desk, smoking, non-smoking, pool view, etc) and the competitor price needing to be lower than all prices/rates on BW.com, the competitor site needs to show the price in the same currency as BW.com. My hotel was in the Netherlands and hotels.com was accepted as a competitor site. HTH
Old Dec 21, 2016, 10:07 am

Programs: AA gold, DL Gold, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Plat
If you have a low rate guaranteed stay, can you pay with a BW travelcard from a previous LRG without causing any issues? Thanks!
Old Dec 21, 2016, 12:04 pm

Yes you can
Old Dec 23, 2016, 2:04 pm

How this one claim per 30 days works ?
It says "only one (1) Travel Card per household during any thirty (30) day period"

Is it 30 days after an approved claim or 30 days after the stay or is per calendar month?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.