Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Best Western | Best Western Rewards
Reload this Page >

BW new BRG, match lower rate and get $100 travel card [offer is active again]

BW new BRG, match lower rate and get $100 travel card [offer is active again]

Old Jan 13, 15, 5:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott P, IHG P
For those of you who received the $100 travel card. How long did it take to receive the card after you checked out?

Thanks in advance!
Old Jan 13, 15, 12:31 pm

Programs: TK Elite+, *A Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by nacho View Post
For those of you who received the $100 travel card. How long did it take to receive the card after you checked out?

Thanks in advance!
They emailed me the code 19 days after my stay.

Now to figure out how to redeem it... There's no place on the reservation. FAQ states it is to be presented at the location, but that doesn't help if it's a prepaid non-refundable reservation.
Old Jan 13, 15, 2:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by finlandokie View Post
They emailed me the code 19 days after my stay.

Now to figure out how to redeem it... There's no place on the reservation. FAQ states it is to be presented at the location, but that doesn't help if it's a prepaid non-refundable reservation.
That's no different than any other kind of BW travel card. Yes, you do have to present it at the location, so it doesnt help with prepaid reservations, unless perhaps the location has a retaurant and it's a long stay so you end up charging more than the travel card at the restaurant.

Does this travel card expire? (Some do, some don't.) If not, just save it for some time when you can use a non-prepaid reservation.
Old Jan 26, 15, 11:53 am

1st time trying to do BRG with BW and it sucks

1 night stay, Refundable, 2 Queen Beds, $115 at BW vs $105 at Expedia.com/Hotels.com (USD $)

Is this denial reason valid?
i.e. does BW only price match/BRG on the LOWEST rate only (=Prepaid)?
That's kind of stupid... and how should I proceed further? give up or try again later?

BW's reply
The Low Rate Guarantee program is guarantying the lowest rate and not the cancellation policy. The "Advanced" rate is the lowest rate.

We apologize your claim has been denied.

Sincerely,
Here's my reply to BW after 1st decline
However, please do clarify for me why you're quoting the "Advanced" rate when I'm looking for the Flexible rate (refundable) only. I do not book prepaid rates

On your website, it states the below, and nothing about the "absolute lowest priced room"
If you find a lower rate on another website with the same criteria: hotel, room type, dates of stay, and guest occupancy, review the program's terms and conditions and submit the online claim form.

My room type (Flexible - 2 Queen Bed) does match Hotels.com or Expedia.com room types
Except they have 10% off discount at $105/night, while BW doesn't, at $115/night
On this basis, I believe the BRG should be valid and honored

Thanks
Jerry

> Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2015 08:19:32 -0700
> From: [email protected]
> To: XXX
> Subject: Re: BW Web Low Rate, Guaranteed! Claim Form 150126-5450 (KMM15645485V85389L0KM)
>
> Dear Mr. Hung,
>
> Thank you for your email.
>
> We have processed your Low Rate Guarantee Claim. The claim has been
> denied for the following reason(s):
>
> Advanced purchased rate 92.00 is lower than the rate on thirdparty web
> site Expedia.com
Old Jan 26, 15, 9:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jerryhung View Post
does BW only price match/BRG on the LOWEST rate only (=Prepaid)?
That's kind of stupid... and how should I proceed further? give up or try again later?
Do some test bookings and see how far in advance of the stay this particular hotel typically removes prepaid rates. Some hotels leave prepaid rates up until the day of the stay (which wouldn't help you), but other remove the prepaid rates one week out or whatever, and in those cases if you waited until 6 days before your stay there would be no prepaid rate available any more. (Of course, would the third-party rate still be available then? Who knows!)
Old May 19, 15, 7:47 am

Claimed a "business deluxe room" with the exact same conditions (currency, cancelation time, ...). They refused the claim because on their own website you can only book a business deluxe room with twin beds and the third party website doesn't guarantee the bed type, they just write "twin or double bed". Well, in their T&C they just write "simular room type", I would say a business deluxe room is simular to a business deluxe room, doesn't matter which type of bed is inside. BW also doesn't offer a double bed with this room type while Expedia does.

BW: 2 Single Beds, Business, Deluxe Room
Expedia: Business Deluxe, 1 double bed or 2 single beds
Old May 21, 15, 3:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott P, IHG P
Originally Posted by 31570324 View Post
Claimed a "business deluxe room" with the exact same conditions (currency, cancelation time, ...). They refused the claim because on their own website you can only book a business deluxe room with twin beds and the third party website doesn't guarantee the bed type, they just write "twin or double bed". Well, in their T&C they just write "simular room type", I would say a business deluxe room is simular to a business deluxe room, doesn't matter which type of bed is inside. BW also doesn't offer a double bed with this room type while Expedia does.

BW: 2 Single Beds, Business, Deluxe Room
Expedia: Business Deluxe, 1 double bed or 2 single beds
How many nights did you book?

It seems to me that they denied a lot of 1 night booking. Last time I booked 2 nights (around $90 per night) and I got it without any problem.
Old May 21, 15, 3:34 am

Was just one night, but finally they accepted it. First they haven't noticed there was only one type of bed at bestwestern.com available for the same room type. After explaining they checked it again and approved the claim.
Old May 26, 15, 1:52 pm

Any recourse for a denial due to easytobook.com requiring them to log in?

I tried all browsers and none asked me to log in when visiting this site.

Edit to add: followed the advice from the BRG blog guy and re-submitted the claim later, someone else responded and denied me for another reason. So it seemed to be random.

In other better news, my $100 travel card for another claim arrived by email within hours of checkout.

Last edited by michael_v; Jun 12, 15 at 8:53 pm
Old Oct 24, 15, 4:04 am

Programs: SK EBD/baEC G/MR PP/A3 *G/AA G/CC G/HH G/IHG Spire
My first attempt at brg with BW! Not good... Reminds me of IHG 👎

Booking identical rooms flex rate on bw.com 110$ + tax 125 total on competing site flex 45.34$ including taxes. Reply from BW denied as our rate IS NOW also lower, check on bw.com is still flex for 125!including taxes but prepaid rate with taxes is now 45.99$ but still higher then competing site! Replied with scrwwn shots and link will see...
Old Oct 24, 15, 1:17 pm

Programs: SK EBD/baEC G/MR PP/A3 *G/AA G/CC G/HH G/IHG Spire
Not much to brag about!

Second denial even with screen shots to prove the rate is there... They claim no lower price! So we will just book SPG down the street, slightly more but atleast the BRG program at starwood is handled with honesty! Either the agent cant or wont read the emails with links and screen shots as all rates are clearly visible. This was by far the biggest waste of time to status match to BW, but atleast it didnt cost me a cent 👍👍
Old Nov 5, 15, 3:48 pm

I got a digital travel card 16-17 days after a stay

I want to use within a couple of weeks. Does any one knows how to use that card for booking a hotel?
Old Nov 10, 15, 1:51 pm

Originally Posted by TravelUnlimited View Post
I got a digital travel card 16-17 days after a stay

I want to use within a couple of weeks. Does any one knows how to use that card for booking a hotel?
I assume you just book the room as usual and present the digital card upon check-in.
Old Jan 21, 16, 11:26 am

BRG opportunity in Milan, Italy, December 2016

One Best Western hotel in Milan has absurdly expensive rates (600-800 Euros/night) on some dates, making easier to find a lower price on competitor websites.

Good luck !
Old Feb 12, 16, 11:48 am

What a joke.Filled up a BRG for a lower price ,they denied saying that they use real time statistics and at a time of booking their site had also the same lower price.What a lie..are these guys for real?I do have screenshot showing that this is not the case and they did not have the same lower price at the time of booking but I decided not to bother with this.

As you can imagine they did now adjusted their prices so just for fun I filled another BRG this time showing the competitor site with lower price as themselves.Let see what lies they can produce now.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: