Wiki Posts
Search

BEST WESTERN Hotel Canada (Rome, Italy)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2012, 1:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat, SPG Gold, Hertz Gold
BEST WESTERN Hotel Canada (Rome, Italy)

We're considering this hotel for an upcoming visit to Rome in early May. Has anyone stayed here before? Reviews on tripadvisor are very good, Ranked #20 of 1,293 hotels in Rome.
Old Feb 1, 2012, 9:29 am

Programs: AZ CFP, OK Plat, LH FTL, SPG Plat, HH Dia, MR Gold, Carlson Gold, BW Dia, PC Plat AMB, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by Henry82
We're considering this hotel for an upcoming visit to Rome in early May. Has anyone stayed here before? Reviews on tripadvisor are very good, Ranked #20 of 1,293 hotels in Rome.
HI,

I've always cosidered the TripAdvisor ranking more of an "approval rating" than a "quality rating". All quality levels are mixed up in one index, so you may find a good gelateria right next to a Michelin three star restaurant. So take TA with a pinch of salt and DO read the reviews, before making a choice. So it is the 20th most "liked" hotel in Roma, not the 20th "best".

Having said that, I stayed at the Canada recently and it is indeed a very good 3 star hotel (note that in Italy star ratings go up to 5 star luxe, which is a grade above 5 star). Spacious, clean room. Bar staff friendly and helpful, reception staff quite reserved. Excellent buffet breakfast. Walking distance from Rome Termini station. Just don't expect great luxury and you'll be satisfied.

Pieter

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.