FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Best Western | Best Western Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/best-western-best-western-rewards-416/)
-   -   Earning Miles To A Friends Airline Account? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/best-western-best-western-rewards/1271391-earning-miles-friends-airline-account.html)

KaiserG13 Oct 21, 2011 1:49 am

Earning Miles To A Friends Airline Account?

I am curious if it is possible to enter your US Airways account number in a friend's Best Western earning preference and get credit for the miles their stay earned?

I have an upcoming 2 night stay at a BW but I would like to get 2 hits for the US Grand Slam. I have booked 2 reservations, one under my name and the other under my friend that will be staying with me. We will have to check out and then back in but that is not a big deal. My friend does not care about miles or points. I am hoping I will receive 250 miles for my 1 night stay and then get 250 from her stay. Does anyone know if this works or do they match the names on the accounts before crediting you the miles?

Vick407 Oct 21, 2011 2:38 am

Originally Posted by KaiserG13 (Post 17310864)
I am curious if it is possible to enter your US Airways account number in a friend's Best Western earning preference and get credit for the miles their stay earned?

I have an upcoming 2 night stay at a BW but I would like to get 2 hits for the US Grand Slam. I have booked 2 reservations, one under my name and the other under my friend that will be staying with me. We will have to check out and then back in but that is not a big deal. My friend does not care about miles or points. I am hoping I will receive 250 miles for my 1 night stay and then get 250 from her stay. Does anyone know if this works or do they match the names on the accounts before crediting you the miles?

Hi,
You can points for your stay but you can't for your friends becase when you put your airline miles then it will kick back saying that it is assosciated with other account. What you can do it, put both reservations in your name and under ur rewards # and pay for it. Yes you have to be the person who pays to get the points. But ofcourse you can pay and get $ back from your credit card.

Here is parts of terms and conditions

Members are eligible to receive points for staying at Best Western brand lodging establishments if (1) the room is reserved in the Member's name, (2) the room is occupied by and paid for by the Member and (3) the Member has presented the Card or number at the time of check-in.

https://goldcrownclub.bestwestern.com/members/terms.asp

sdsearch Oct 22, 2011 1:21 pm

Originally Posted by Vick407 (Post 17310954)
Hi,
You can points for your stay but you can't for your friends becase when you put your airline miles then it will kick back saying that it is assosciated with other account. What you can do it, put both reservations in your name and under ur rewards # and pay for it. Yes you have to be the person who pays to get the points. But ofcourse you can pay and get $ back from your credit card.

Vicky,

The OP is trying to earn the 250 miles "per stay" on two successive nights of the same stay. It won't work to put both reservations in the same name because BW will merge them (at least for miles-earning purposes), because the ofifical defintion of a "stay" is "any number of consecutive nights at the same hotel, no matter how many times you check in or check out".

The only way to turn a two-day stay into two stays is if the reservations are booked under different names.

But the OP is not asking about earning points to their account. The OP is asking whether their friend can put his US Airways FF# in their account, as well as him having the same US Airways FF# in his account.

If he has to book both nights under his own name, to earn in his own US Airways FF# account, then he has to switch hotels between the two consecutive nights, in order for the each night to be counted as a separate "stay".

In case you're not aware, he's not really interested in 500 miles instead of 250 miles. He's participating in the "Grand Sloam" promo, where US Airways gives more (many more) bonus miles the more separate transactions you have. They allow up to 6 hotel stays (if I remember correctly), and the OP is trying to maximze the number of "stays" on a trip where he only need two nights.

The starightforward way (of doing a 2-night stay booked under a single name) will only count as one "stay". The typical "hotel hopping" solution (staying at different BW hotel on the 2nd night) will defnitely count as two "stays". What I don't know is if anything in between will work. (I always use the "hotel hopping" solution myself when I need each night to be a separate "stay", but that's easier when you're traveling alone then when you're travling with someone else.)