Search

Point transfer to Airlines

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2011, 5:43 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Migros Cumulus Platinum Hero
Question Point transfer to Airlines

I am trying to transfer my Best Western Rewards points to my airline account but I cannot find the link. When I chose "Airline Rewards" it says "no airline reward available at the moment". How can I convert the BW points?
Old Aug 25, 2011, 8:05 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Bonvoy Gold, HH Gold, BW Diamond
https://goldcrownclub.bestwestern.co...asp?cat=TRAVEL
Old Aug 25, 2011, 2:49 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Migros Cumulus Platinum Hero
Hmmmm? When I log-in it says again "Airline/Partner Rewards
Sorry, no Airline/Partner Rewards are available at this time.". This happens to both a Swiss-registered and a US-registered account Any others in the same situation?
Old Aug 25, 2011, 7:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I haven't tried recently, but for the longest time, whenver I'm logged in, as a USA-based BW AAA member (which they cateogrize as AAA/CAA member), it gives me the Canadian airline transfer options list, instead of the USA one (that I see when not logged in). So two points:

1. The airline transfer options differ by country.

2. BW may or may not be showing you the transfer options for the right country when you're logged in.

3. Unfortunately, to do the transfer online, you have to be logged in!

In the US, the easiest workaround is to call them on the phone, since they have great customer service at their call center IMHO, and can do all sorts of things easily that are problems online. But I don't know if it's as easy to call them if you're in Switzerland (perhaps Skype or equivalent?)...
Old Aug 28, 2011, 6:52 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Amtrak Select, SPG Gold
Does anyone know if you can transfer BW points to a mileage account owned by someone else?
Old Aug 29, 2011, 10:24 am

Originally Posted by Vicksy
Does anyone know if you can transfer BW points to a mileage account owned by someone else?
Yes. I had no problems with this recently. Whether it's stated policy or I got lucky, the transfer did go through.

EDITED TO ADD: Mileage may vary, since I only tried once. Others?

Last edited by NewArrival; Aug 29, 2011 at 10:57 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.