FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Best Western | Best Western Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/best-western-best-western-rewards-416/)
-   -   summer 2011 promo: 3 stays = free night voucher (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/best-western-best-western-rewards/1219313-summer-2011-promo-3-stays-free-night-voucher.html)

sdsearch May 25, 2011 2:19 pm

summer 2011 promo: 3 stays = free night voucher

It says in this article:

http://www.usatoday.com/NEWS/usaedit...ay-13_CV_U.htm

"Starting in mid-June, Best Western will let guests who register and make three visits by Aug. 14 get a voucher for a free one-night stay."

This is the only place I have seen a mention of this so far, and that's all it says, so I can't provide any more details yet (not even a precise start date).

sdsearch May 30, 2011 12:03 pm

More details, from the June issue of Inside Flyer magazine:

For members in US/Canada/Caribbean.

Stay 3 times at BW worldwide between 19 Jun and 14 Aug, to earn a free night voucher good through 31 Jan 2012 (in US/Canada/Caribbean only).

Pay for all 3 stays with BW MC for 6500 bonus points.

Elite members: Stay at at least 2 different BW hotels on 2 of those 3 stays to earn a separate 6500 bonus points.

For members outside US/Canada/Caribbean:

Stay 3 times at BW worldwide between 19 Jun and 14 Aug to earn 5000 bonus points. (Not clear if any of the other bonuses apply such these members.)

Mileage version:

AAdvntage and Aeroplan earn 750 bonus miles for each stay during this period.

Registration will be required (via Register For Special Offers under My Account, or by calling BW CS), as usual, but is not yet live as of today.

Savoir-Faire Jun 4, 2011 8:32 pm

This promotion is live now; I just looked at it online (thanks to you FlyerTalk guys!) and it begins the 19th of June. Registration is open.

duxfan Jun 4, 2011 8:59 pm

Anyone got a link? Was just on the website, still only seeing the stay 3 for a $50 travel card promo.... I can knock this one out in the next 3 weeks, no problem....

sdsearch Jun 5, 2011 11:56 am

No, no no!

The version that's online is only 1/3 of what was stated in InsdieFlyer! Currently it says it's a free night voucher, and no mention of bonus points for booking with BW card, and no mention of bonus points for booking different properties.

I'm getting tired of one-night vouchers that expire before the next one-night voucher arrives. (I still haven't used the one that expires Jun 30, and don't know if I'll have a chance to go anywhere where I can use it for good value or will just have to burn it for an "ordinary" stay that would have otherwise cost $70.)

I want bonus points!

sdsearch Jun 5, 2011 11:59 am

Originally Posted by duxfan (Post 16505012)
Anyone got a link? Was just on the website, still only seeing the stay 3 for a $50 travel card promo.... I can knock this one out in the next 3 weeks, no problem....

There's no link ever at BW. All you do is log in, then go to My Account, then REGISTER FOR SPECIAL PROMOTIONS.

But like I said, you may want to wait until closer to your stay, in case they revise it (since it seems to be a bit weak without any of the bonus points IF said it would have).

duxfan Jun 6, 2011 12:49 pm

Got it, thanks SD! New to BW, still figuring out how to make it work....

inkaytown Jun 6, 2011 10:32 pm

Originally Posted by sdsearch (Post 16507512)
No, no no!

The version that's online is only 1/3 of what was stated in InsdieFlyer! Currently it says it's a free night voucher, and no mention of bonus points for booking with BW card, and no mention of bonus points for booking different properties.

I'm getting tired of one-night vouchers that expire before the next one-night voucher arrives. (I still haven't used the one that expires Jun 30, and don't know if I'll have a chance to go anywhere where I can use it for good value or will just have to burn it for an "ordinary" stay that would have otherwise cost $70.)

I want bonus points!

I checked the T's&C's and found out This free night voucher expires on January 31, 2012 and hope you will get a chance to use it wisely:)

sdsearch Jun 7, 2011 4:06 pm

Originally Posted by sdsearch (Post 16507512)
No, no no!

I found a link (through WebFlyer) that gets closer:

http://www.bestwestern.com/summer

but it's still confusing. It has a link for "more points with BW MasterCard" right under the brief description, but that links to an app page, not a description of using the BW MC to get more points out of this promo.

Then there's a link to Q&A. The Q&A does spell out the 2 different properties 6500 point bonus (for Elites only), then answers a question (that doesn't mention Elites only) about having to use the BW MC for each of the 3 stays for a 6500 point bonus, but nowhere in Q&A does it specifically say that these are two different 6500 point bonuses (one for 2 different properties, the other for BW MC use).

Only if you click for the T&Cs does it finally clarify there that these are indeed two separate 6500 point bonuses:

https://goldcrownclub.bestwestern.co...mer11-base.pdf

Whew, so everyting IF wrote about this promo is actually that case.

But why oh why does BW have to make figuring out this promotion so difficult??? :)

rustyr Jun 14, 2011 6:58 am

If you are going the mileage route AA gives u 500 miles for every $50 BW travel card you purchase. Or 1000 miles for a 100$ card and so on. On cards purchased thru 8-31. This promo requires registration: http://travelcard.bestwestern.com/tr...nesbonus11.jsp

prodrive555 Jun 15, 2011 8:27 pm

So it appears as though you can only get 1 voucher from this promotion, regardless if you have numerous stays within the promotional period.

Does anyone know if you can collect the 750 aeroplan / Aadvantage points for each and every stay, or would they cap that bonus at a certain point as well?

It seems it could me more beneficial to collect the airline points, rather than the 1 free voucher.

Thanks

sdsearch Jun 16, 2011 6:10 pm

Originally Posted by prodrive555 (Post 16569109)
So it appears as though you can only get 1 voucher from this promotion, regardless if you have numerous stays within the promotional period.

Does anyone know if you can collect the 750 aeroplan / Aadvantage points for each and every stay, or would they cap that bonus at a certain point as well?

It seems it could me more beneficial to collect the airline points, rather than the 1 free voucher.

It depends on a lot of things, including how many total nights you can / need to do at BW during the promo time.

If you're only going to stay 4 or 5 times, I don't know if 750*4 or 750*5 miles would be as valuable as a free night cert.

But that also depends on whether you'll be able to use the free night cert at a high-value location or only a low value location. And confounding it is whether you have a high-value location that you only need to be in for 1 night (because the cost of going somewhere high-value for longer but only getting one night free might be more than not going there at all).

On the other hand:

Another possibility would be to use BW only 3 times, and switch to another hotel program for another promo, perhaps Choice for stay 2 get a "free night" (but actually just 8000 points, which may or may not be enough for a free night depending on where you choose to use those points). The Choice promo can be done 4 times (8 stays) if you register. (It can be done up to 10 times -- 20 stays -- only if you're the top two levels of Choice elite.)

Or if the price of their hotels doesn't rule out SPG, SPG has stay 3 get 1 resort night free, uncapped. But note the "resort"; it's not a free night at any SPG, only the ones classified as "resorts".

(There are always more bonus opportunities available to those can "follow the bonuses" from one hotel family to another, as opposed to those who stick to only one hotel family.)

Shimon Jun 29, 2011 1:14 pm

Am I eligible if I book on expedia? Sorry for the dumb question. Normally I would search before asking I just don't have the time to investigate right now. Would appreciate if someone could answer.

Thanks.

sdsearch Jun 29, 2011 6:05 pm

Originally Posted by Shimon (Post 16646541)
Am I eligible if I book on expedia? Sorry for the dumb question. Normally I would search before asking I just don't have the time to investigate right now. Would appreciate if someone could answer.

Thanks.

Not only are you not eligible for this promo, you're not eligible for earning anything (points or miles or stays or nights) with BW on Expedia stays:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/best-...g-expedia.html

Btw, it took me way less than a minute to find it, simply Search This Forum and typed "expedia". (It took me signficantly longer to write this reply up than to find the answer.)

Did it really take you even less time to type your post? :)

Shimon Jun 29, 2011 11:40 pm

Thanks. I already knew it was not eligible for points. Wasn't expecting it to be eligible for this either.