Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Best Western | Best Western Rewards
Reload this Page >

Stay 3 separate times between 4/17 and 6/5 and earn a $50 Travel Card-(Apr 17-Jun 6)

Stay 3 separate times between 4/17 and 6/5 and earn a $50 Travel Card-(Apr 17-Jun 6)

Old Mar 24, 2011, 9:24 pm
Original Poster

Stay 3 separate times between 4/17 and 6/5/11 and earn a $50 USD Travel Card - (Apr 17, 2011 - Jun 6, 2011) - Promo Code: HARJUMP11 - Best Western Ride Rewards® members (Member(s)) residing in the U.S., Canada, the Bahamas or the U.S. Virgin Islands who REGISTER and complete three (3) separate QUALIFIED STAYS* between April 17, 2011 and June 5, 2011 (Promotion Period) at any Best Western branded hotel worldwide may earn a USD $50 Best Western Travel Card® (Promotion). PROMOTION REGISTRATION AND BEST WESTERN REWARDS ENROLLMENT/MEMBERSHIP REQUIRED PRIOR TO THE FIRST QUALIFIED STAY. Limit one (1) USD $50 Best Western Travel Card® per member during the Promotion Period. Promotional USD $50 Best Western Travel Card expires November 1, 2011. No extensions, substitutions or replacements available. *A qualified stay for the purpose of this promotion is defined as one or more consecutive nights at the same Best Western hotel at a rate eligible for earning points or airline/partner rewards through best western rewards. Only one (1) check-in/check-out permitted per qualified stay. Other restrictions may apply. Offer not valid with any other promotion or discount. Promotion is subject to cancellation or change without notice. If a valid email address has been provided in the Member?s account profile, the promotional USD $50 Best Western Travel Card may be sent electronically to the Member?s email address within 2-3 weeks of completed 3rd qualified stay, otherwise, it will be mailed to the address on the Member?s account within 4-6 weeks of completed 3rd qualified stay. All Best Western Rewards program rules apply. See www.bestwesternrewards.com for additional program terms. Each Best Western® branded hotel is independently owned and operated. Best Western and the Best Western marks are service marks or registered service marks of Best Western International, Inc. ©2011 Best Western International, Inc. All rights reserved. Harley-Davidson, Harley, H-D, the Bar and Shield logo are among the trademarks of H-D Michigan, LLC.

Terms and Conditions
Old Mar 26, 2011, 1:39 am

Programs: AA, UA, SQ, VA, QF, AF, BA
Can you use these travel cards to have dinner at a restaurant in a BW if you aren't staying there? We have 3 separate nights to book in May and trying to figure out who will give us the best bonus. The only thing is the travel card expires in Nov and I am not sure we would be staying at a BW by then to use it. I'd rather have the points.
Old Mar 29, 2011, 9:59 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by Tiki
Can you use these travel cards to have dinner at a restaurant in a BW if you aren't staying there? We have 3 separate nights to book in May and trying to figure out who will give us the best bonus. The only thing is the travel card expires in Nov and I am not sure we would be staying at a BW by then to use it. I'd rather have the points.
It's been a while since I've had one of these, but I think I was able to trade it on CC or we were able to use it at one of their restaurants. Either that, or while it was branded with BW, it was actually a Visa or Mastercard gift card.
Old Mar 29, 2011, 7:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This seems like a mistake of one sort or another. Never before has there been a promo only in the Harley version, yet I (as an AAA member instead), when loggin in and Register for Promotions also see only the Harley version.

I wouldn't count on it until this is straightened out (unless perhaps you are already a Harley BW member).

Among other things, it could be that it wasn't supposed to come out at all (but leaked out in the Harley version only by mistake), or that it's supposed to be out in all versions (but the Harely version was leaked early by mistake).

Among other things, dates could be wrong, terms could be wrong, or there might be other bonuses for doing this or that on top of it which aren't currently explained.

(Or the AAA or other versions might be better than the Harley version. That's certainly happened before, even if not on every promo.)

Meanwhile, if you register for the Harely version and there is no other version, and yet you're not Harley BW member, it might "take" the registration but not actually work (getting the bonus after the stays) because of the membership type mismatch. (You can always register for the "general" version of a promo, but I don't know if you can always register for Harley if you're AAA or for AAA if you're Harley. And I don't think you can be a AAA BW member and a Harley BW member at the same time.)
Old Apr 1, 2011, 11:32 pm

How do you register for this?
Old Apr 1, 2011, 11:52 pm

How do you register for this?
Old Apr 1, 2011, 11:55 pm

Originally Posted by sdsearch
This seems like a mistake of one sort or another...
It was. However, the offer has been fixed to include the usual signups, including Aeroplan and American alternative for miles, instead of BW points.

Last edited by Kohoutek; Apr 2, 2011 at 12:04 am Reason: added the miles alternative
Old Apr 3, 2011, 5:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Kohoutek
It was. However, the offer has been fixed to include the usual signups, including Aeroplan and American alternative for miles, instead of BW points.
Yes. And given that the $50 travel card is much worse than a voucher + 6500 bonus points, I'd like to point that the $50 travel card versions are all capped at 3 stays (you can't earn more than one $50 card), while the Aeroplan and American versions are totally uncapped (eg, AA says 1000 bonus miles for every stay thereafter). So if you expect to have much more than 3 stays you can do with BW, and you belong to either of these two FFPs, it would seem take much more sense to register for an airline miles version instead.

And I can confirm that, the last time around, once you registered for the voucher + points verison, it took the airline versions off the table (made it impossible to register for them online). So don't even ask if you can double dip the point and mile promos. Just pick one, and pick very carefully before you register.
Old Apr 16, 2011, 11:32 am

Programs: Affiliated with all, participate in some
New members who sign up for the Jump Start to Summer promotions for bonus miles with American Airlines or Air Canada Aeroplan earn 250 miles just for joining Best Western Rewards and enrolling in the promotion.

Free 250 miles.

Also earn 3,000 additional miles after 3 stays and 1,250 miles per additional stay during the promotion period. This is 5x miles for Best Western stays.

Promotion links:
Best Western American Airlines AAdvantage Jump Start to Summer Bonus Miles registration link

or

Best Western Air Canada Aeroplan Miles Jump Start to Summer Bonus Miles registration link

Here is my Loyalty Traveler analysis on Best Western Jump Start to Summer promotion.
Old Apr 20, 2011, 7:59 am

Location: AA Gold/Million Miler,DL dirt,UA1K/Million Miler;Honors Silver,Marriott Gold;Avis Preferred,Hertz Prez Circle, Nat'l Exec Elite
Yes. And given that the $50 travel card is much worse than a voucher + 6500 bonus points, I'd like to point that the $50 travel card versions are all capped at 3 stays (you can't earn more than one $50 card), while the Aeroplan and American versions are totally uncapped (eg, AA says 1000 bonus miles for every stay thereafter). So if you expect to have much more than 3 stays you can do with BW, and you belong to either of these two FFPs, it would seem take much more sense to register for an airline miles version instead.

And I can confirm that, the last time around, once you registered for the voucher + points verison, it took the airline versions off the table (made it impossible to register for them online). So don't even ask if you can double dip the point and mile promos. Just pick one, and pick very carefully before you register.
However for one of the stays, if from June-5, buy the $100 travel card by 5-31, use it during 6/1-5 and earn additional 3K BW pts(5K for elites).
Old May 20, 2011, 8:44 pm

Programs: BW Diamond, Choice Plat, National Exec Elite
BW consistency ruins the promo

Well I suppose it's better than nothing. We've all enjoyed the various "stay 2, get 1" promotions last year. This year it seems like there are fewer really good promotions. My voucher arrived via email today. Not allowing me to receive more than one award doesn't make me come back to BW now that I've gotten the award. Work takes me to an area where I commute between a midsize city and a small town as part of my project. The small town has the BW property that is marginal at best (ah BW consistency). Retro can be done well, but in this case the hotel just hasn't been updated in 25 years. I'm a BW Diamond, and a HI Plat. The midsize city requires an hour commute each way, where there are HI properties of much better quality. MUCH. So without a decent promo, why stay at a BW when its a lousy property?
Old Jun 10, 2011, 12:47 am

Has anyone gotten their $50 card yet? We completed our 3 stays by 8 May, points posted to BW but no email voucher yet and we do have an email in the account and registered on time.
Old Jun 13, 2011, 6:19 pm

Programs: Mile-High Club, Marriott Plt, SPG P-75, PC Plt, Hyatt Dia, Carlson Gold, BW Dia
I got mine via email (an e-card) about 3 days following the final stay.
Old Jun 13, 2011, 8:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Has anyone gotten their $50 card yet? We completed our 3 stays by 8 May, points posted to BW but no email voucher yet and we do have an email in the account and registered on time.
You have been checking your spam, right?

On each (online) email service I have, some legit stuff from companies occasionally goes into Spam, but Spam auto-empties after a while. So if you don't check Spam regularly for stuff that's important, it could effectively get auto-deleted (in two steps).
Old Jun 14, 2011, 4:19 am

You have been checking your spam, right?

On each (online) email service I have, some legit stuff from companies occasionally goes into Spam, but Spam auto-empties after a while. So if you don't check Spam regularly for stuff that's important, it could effectively get auto-deleted (in two steps).
That's probably what happened. I've been getting tons of spam because of those bank security breaches and was just blanket deleting stuff in the junk folder without really looking at it. I used the missing points form and they resent the travel card within a few hours-fast service! ^

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.