Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Best Western | Best Western Rewards
Reload this Page >

Buy $100 BW Travel Card by 31May + stay 1Jun-31Aug = 3000 pts

Old Apr 12, 2010, 4:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: Mile-High Club, Marriott Plt, SPG P-75, PC Plt, Hyatt Dia, Carlson Gold, BW Dia

Link: http://travelcard.bestwestern.com/tr...springbase.jsp

T&Cs (critical items bolded, for those prone to asking dumb questions) :

Offer Terms and Conditions: To qualify for the 3,000 bonus point offer, an individual must purchase a $100 Travel Card at travelcard.bestwestern.com/springbase between March 30, 2010 and May 31, 2010, be a Best Western Rewards® member residing in North America only at the time of purchase, and complete a qualified stay between June 1, 2010 and August 31, 2010 at any Best Western® hotel worldwide. This promotion is an online promotion only. See travelcard.bestwestern.com for Best Western Travel Card terms. A “qualified stay” is defined as one or more consecutive nights at a Best Western hotel at a qualifying rate eligible for earning points/miles/credits through Best Western Rewards. Only one check-in/check-out permitted per reservation. Other restrictions may apply. Maximum one (1) bonus reward issued per Best Western Rewards number. Please allow 4-6 weeks for posting of bonus points after the first qualified stay during June 1, 2010 and August 31, 2010. Offer not valid with any other promotion or discount. Offer subject to cancellation or change without notice. All Best Western Rewards program rules apply. See www.bestwesternrewards.com for complete terms and conditions. Each Best Western ®hotel is independently owned and operated. Best Western and the Best Western marks are service marks or registered service marks of Best Western International, Inc. ©2010 Best Western International, Inc. All rights reserved.
Apparently the bonus is bumped up to 5000 points for Plats and Diamonds. As a plat, I got the 5000 pts, and Dimaonds are reporting the same (read other posts in this thread).

Last edited by Jazzop; Jul 29, 2010 at 3:04 am
Old Apr 21, 2010, 4:49 pm

Programs: Affiliated with all, participate in some
This is a good deal for any American who will be staying in a Best Western this summer. Basically 3,000 bonus points is equivalent to the points a member would earn from $300 in hotel spend.

This is a really good deal if you can combine it with the stay twice by May 30 and earn a $50 travel card.

There is also the 2,000 AA miles for three stays, with two stays needed by May 30 and one stay between June 1 and August 31.

If these promotions combine, then a person with just three hotel stays can earn the $50 travel card (Two stays by May 30 bonus) + 3,000 bonus points ($100 travel card bonus used for one stay June 1-Aug 31) + 2,000 AA miles (3 stays with two stays by May 30 and one stay June 1-Aug 31).
Old Apr 27, 2010, 3:09 pm

I took the plunge, purchasing $100 with my BW MasterCard, for use June 1 to August 31.
Old Apr 27, 2010, 6:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by satori
If these promotions combine, then a person with just three hotel stays can earn the $50 travel card (Two stays by May 30 bonus) + 3,000 bonus points ($100 travel card bonus used for one stay June 1-Aug 31) + 2,000 AA miles (3 stays with two stays by May 30 and one stay June 1-Aug 31).
These promotions can't possibly combine with just one stay total June 1 - Aug 31, because this isn't Hilton HHonors. Ie, you have to choose either points or miles for a given stay. You have to choose AA miles to get the AA bonus, but you have to choose points to get the points bonus.

Maybe you could do it with one extra stay (June 1 - Aug 31), but I wouldn't count on their system not getting confused and thinking your first stay had to count for each promo (but could only count for one promo).

There's also a question of whether you could even actually register for both promos. At "Register for Promotions" under "My Account" on bestwestern.com, typically when you register for one promotion, it removes all other promotions from that list which were "alternates" for the one you registered for.
Old Apr 29, 2010, 4:06 pm

Location: AA Gold/Million Miler,DL dirt,UA1K/Million Miler;Honors Silver,Marriott Gold;Avis Preferred,Hertz Prez Circle, Nat'l Exec Elite
[QUOTE=satori;13818587]This is a good deal for any American who will be staying in a Best Western this summer. Basically 3,000 bonus points is equivalent to the points a member would earn from $300 in hotel spend.
You can get 3K points faster and cheaper than that buy just doing car rentals and crediting them to BW. What burns me is you can't combine the stay 2 and get $50 travel card along with the stay 2 and after 3rd stay bonus miles airline promo.
Old Apr 29, 2010, 4:13 pm

Location: AA Gold/Million Miler,DL dirt,UA1K/Million Miler;Honors Silver,Marriott Gold;Avis Preferred,Hertz Prez Circle, Nat'l Exec Elite
[
There's also a question of whether you could even actually register for both promos. At "Register for Promotions" under "My Account" on bestwestern.com, typically when you register for one promotion, it removes all other promotions from that list which were "alternates" for the one you registered for.[/QUOTE]

That's exactly what a representitive told me from Gold Crown- so it looks like no combining. Notice that the qualifying stay after purchasing the $100 gift card can't begin before June1- exactly one day after the 50$ travel card promo ends so as not to "piggyback" on more than one offer.

Last edited by rustyr; Apr 29, 2010 at 4:18 pm Reason: sp/additional comments
Old Apr 29, 2010, 7:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rustyr
Notice that the qualifying stay after purchasing the $100 gift card can't begin before June1- exactly one day after the 50$ travel card promo ends so as not to "piggyback" on more than one offer.
OTOH, $50 is not enough for most BW's, and $100 is too much for many BW's, so $150 in gift cards in many locations might very closely fit too nights at BWs. So the separately earned $50 card, if you go for that, could pair quite well with the $100 card you buy.

At any rate, remember the $50 card is not the complete story of the current promo, if it's BW points you're after. You also can earn 1250 bonus points for those 2 stays if both are booked at bestwestern.com and both are paid with the BW MC credit card.

Meanwhile, based on experience with previous promos, you may be able to "piggyback" a hotel-specific points promo (if one is available in your area) with the paid stays in these promos. I'm not saying they would necessarily multiply, but they would hopefully add (given that hotel-specific promos don't require registration, just doing the right type of stay at that specific property).

(The only time I've "combined" a hotel-specific promo so far was on the qualifying stay of the triple points promo earlier this year. As it was the first qualifying stay, all it did for the chain-wide promo was qualify, so that I would start earning triple starting with my second stay. That qualification worked -- in that I earned triple points from BW starting with the stay after that -- even though I earned triple points from the hotel itself on that first qualifying stay.)
Old Apr 30, 2010, 6:02 pm

I would suggest using a cashback website like Bigcrumbs to double dip with this offer, you can get 4% back.

Last edited by cblaisd; May 1, 2010 at 3:09 pm Reason: Removed referral link. Please see SPAM forum for referrals
Old Jun 11, 2010, 4:52 pm

If I were to use the travel card in a foreign country, how favorable/reasonable is the exchange rate? Does the reasonableness vary from hotel to hotel within the same country?
Old Jun 11, 2010, 8:05 pm

Originally Posted by UpInTheAir
If I were to use the travel card in a foreign country, how favorable/reasonable is the exchange rate? Does the reasonableness vary from hotel to hotel within the same country?
I think there is some variability. I used a BW card at a hotel in NZ last year and the exchange rate seemed fair, but they also got confused and double charged me for the stay (charged the card I used to hold the reservation as well as the BW card I used at checkout). It took a couple of email messages to straighten things out.
Old Jun 15, 2010, 11:54 am

It's 5,000 points for Diamonds, not 3,000 points

Originally Posted by Kohoutek
I took the plunge, purchasing $100 with my BW MasterCard, for use June 1 to August 31.
The Travel Card purchase promo has expired. Now, to get the 3,000 bonus points one needs to pay for a stay with the Travel Card by 8/31/10.

I have the max stays allowable to capture the two free nights (for Elites) under the Summer Promo, plus one additional night left over to burn this $100 Travel Card and the $50 Travel Card from the April-May Promo.

What I didn't know, and I didn't see this mentioned in the terms and conditions, and have been told by BW, is that Diamond Elites receive 5,000 points for using the Travel Card.
Old Jul 21, 2010, 11:50 am

Originally Posted by Kohoutek
...Diamond Elites receive 5,000 points for using the Travel Card.
"0x/xx/2010 Bwr Elite $100 Travel Card Promotion 0 5000 0 5000"

Just confirming that the 5,000 points did post. I called BW on another matter, and I mentioned this promo in passing, and the :-: CSR manually posted the bonus. ^ BW. The terms say to allow 4-6 weeks, but the manual posting was less than 2 weeks of using the card.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.