Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Online reward statement

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2010, 7:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA UA Delta. HH Diamond, PC Platinum, Club Carlson Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Online reward statement

Would my stay post in the online statement when I choose airline miles instead of Best Western points?

When my last stay didn't post, I filed the online missing point form, faxed receipt(international) and emailed back and forth a few time.
I received first email said the stay has been credit. Next email said the stay could not be credit due to corp. rate. (email back stated it was market rate). Then a third email stated the stay has been credited on Oct 5.

However, so far I didn't see the entry of the stay on my online statement.
So I better seek advice here.
Also, anyone know how long it takes for the miles to appear in my US Airway account?

Thank so much!
Old Oct 10, 2010, 2:32 pm

Posting it on your airline miles account might take a while after they posted it on your BW account...Can you call your airline miles account and check if they see any transaction coming though from BW?
Old Oct 12, 2010, 10:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA UA Delta. HH Diamond, PC Platinum, Club Carlson Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Thanks. I saw the miles posted on my account today. Do you know how long it takes to post to the airline? Also if I transfer Best Western points to US airway, how long would it take? Thank you so much!
Old Oct 13, 2010, 7:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by milemission
Thanks. I saw the miles posted on my account today. Do you know how long it takes to post to the airline? Also if I transfer Best Western points to US airway, how long would it take? Thank you so much!
With southwest IF the property posts the stay it usually takes about two and a half weeks. For some reason it usually takes a week for the stay to show up at best western then another week and a half for it to post to Southwest so it is probably the same with all their airlines. Not sure why BW takes so long, when I stay at a hilton property it usually posted to the hilton site within 2 days max and on southwest within a week, same with Marriott.
Old Oct 13, 2010, 2:54 pm

Originally Posted by milemission
The BW points - US miles transfer could take as little as 24 hours, and as long as one week.

I have mixed experiences with the postings. Some of the BW properties we frequently visit post the points/miles in 48 hours, some wait for a week.

As for the airlines - around one week, after the BW site shows the miles.
Old Oct 13, 2010, 8:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pirossalma
The BW points - US miles transfer could take as little as 24 hours, and as long as one week.

I have mixed experiences with the postings. Some of the BW properties we frequently visit post the points/miles in 48 hours, some wait for a week.

As for the airlines - around one week, after the BW site shows the miles.
The reason airline transfers vary (not just with BW, and not just with US) is because they're only done once a week, or once every two weeks, or once a month, or whatever. It's not that they sometimes decide to delay and sometimes not, it's just that they only have certain days on which transfers are scheduled "in bulk", and how long it takes for you depends on when your points were ready relative to the next scheduled "bulk" transfer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.