Verona, Italy Properties

Old Jun 17, 2010, 1:56 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Verona, Italy Properties

Hi, I am new to this forum and was wondering whether anyone had any comments on the BW Firenze or the BW Armando.

I will be staying at each of these properties once during July for the Operas and therefore, will also earn a free night!

Tripadvisor reviews of both of these have been glowing and was wondering if anyone had any additional info to add.

Thanks,

NJ
Old Aug 23, 2010, 6:34 pm

Programs: AA PLAT 2MM, MR TITANIUM 2M, HH DIA, Hyatt EXP, BW DIA, IC AMB, IHG PLAT, UA GLD
I stayed at the Armondo or one night in July and it was excellent. The staff upgraded us to a large very modern room because we are Diamond. I don't know what the standard room look like but this room was much nicer and larger than most BW I have stayed in Europe. Front Desk Service and breakfast were excellent. I didn't try the internet so I can't comment. Hotel is a 7 minute walk to the arena. I would return to this hotel in a heartbeat.
Old Aug 24, 2010, 7:35 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by fmkgb
I stayed at the Armondo or one night in July and it was excellent. The staff upgraded us to a large very modern room because we are Diamond. I don't know what the standard room look like but this room was much nicer and larger than most BW I have stayed in Europe. Front Desk Service and breakfast were excellent. I didn't try the internet so I can't comment. Hotel is a 7 minute walk to the arena. I would return to this hotel in a heartbeat.
Thanks, FM.

I already have stayed there and I posted the following in the nicest BW thread:

Hotel Armando in Verona, iTALY was thoroughly modern, having just completed a renovation last April -- they also honored my Diamond status by giving me the largest room in the hotel -- not enormous but still quite nice with modern fixtures. The hotel A/C worked great and did not shut off when you left the room even though you had to leave your key at the front desk -- this saves electricity which is an expensive commodity Italy.

The A/C is not connected to that electric line and continued to cool the room while we were out.

This hotel is not cheap -- $250 and $275 respectively, during opera season, but they jack everything up during opera season in Verona. When the opera is not in progress, rates are much more reasonable, about 100 euros less = $125.00.
As you can see, my experiences mirrored yours to a "T" and they apparently do respect BW elite status at this property.

They have a free PC to use in one of the rooms on the ground floor and my wife was able to use the wireless -- also free -- in our room.
Old May 21, 2016, 6:51 am

Any recent stays to compare the Firenze, Armando and Capuleti? Thanks.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.