Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Best Western | Best Western Rewards
Reload this Page >

Stay twice between 6/20 and 8/15/10 and earn 1 or 2 Free Night vouchers

Stay twice between 6/20 and 8/15/10 and earn 1 or 2 Free Night vouchers

Old Jul 15, 2010, 9:54 pm

Programs: American - Platinum Pro, Marriott - Platinum
I have the same question - does anyone know if the free voucher can be used for ANY Bestwestern property in the US or Canada, or do they also have a points system where the free voucher means enough points to redeem points at one of the low rated Bestwestern properties?

Thanks in advance!
Old Jul 15, 2010, 10:10 pm

Any ideas on how to deal with issues trying to register for the promotion online, getting below message - maybe these are signs telling me not to register, and try to go for it...haven't stayed with BW properties for over 5 yrs now, will appreciate any pointers on if/how to fix the registration issue.

'We're sorry, but we are unable to register you for this Best Western promotion.

If you are having difficulty registering, please review the other promotions available for registration on our seasonal promotion page under "Special Offers for Preferred Members". If still unable to register, please contact Customer Service.
Old Jul 16, 2010, 3:53 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by jamesteroh
Is this going to be good for ANY BW in the US or is it going to be a ripoff like their promo last summer? I got the voucher last year and it was for I believe any hotel at 10K points. (Whatever their lowest level redemption hotel is). It wasn't even good for the dumpy BW at DTW airport. The hawthorne did tell me they would accept it if I wanted to use points in my account to make up the difference between what the voucher was good for and their redemption rate.

I didn't see anything in the fine print on that offer (or in this offer) and last year I made an additional stay at a best western property over a hilton for the voucher and it ended up being worthless to me.
From OP's post above:

Free night vouchers expire December 25, 2010 and may be used at any Best Western hotel in the U.S. or Canada.
Old Jul 16, 2010, 10:05 am

wondering if I register for this promotion, and for each night that I stay, I provide my southwest rapid rewards number so I get 0.5 credit.

Will the above negate my 1 free night voucher? Meaning if I opt to earn airline credits for my stay, does it make me ineligible for receiving free night voucher?
Old Jul 16, 2010, 10:09 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by raj_cl
...if I opt to earn airline credits for my stay, does it make me ineligible for receiving free night voucher?
No.
Old Jul 16, 2010, 4:24 pm
Suspended

I received an e-mail today from AAdvantange on various promotions including the following link:

Set your earning preference to American Airlines®, provide your American Airlines AAdvantage® account number and earn 250 AAdvantage® miles on every qualified stay

Complete 2 separate QUALIFIED STAYS between June 20 and August 15, 2010 and earn a FREE Night Voucher toward your next stay anywhere in the US or Canada and 1,000 AAdvantage® bonus miles

https://goldcrownclub.bestwestern.co...ptype=american

I tried to register for this promotion and it said I already have registered for a similar promotion -- likely the original one -- I will try to cal CS to see if they can re-register me for this one since I have yet to commence my stays.

-----------------------------

Followup --

I e-mailed CS and within a day they responded by advising that they switched my enrollment to the AAdvantage promotion with the free night after 2 stays.

You might wisht to do so as well.

Last edited by NJUPINTHEAIR; Jul 17, 2010 at 9:45 pm
Old Jul 20, 2010, 5:43 pm

Elite vs non-elite

Wondering what qualifies elite vs non-elite?

I stayed with BW long time back in 2004, and got my profile activated back last week, shows my status as GOLD. Does that make me an elite?

I did register for the stay 2, get 1 night free promotion, wondering how to confirm if I'm eligible for 2 free nights as elite member, or just 1 free night as non-elite.

Thanks in advance for the help.
Old Jul 20, 2010, 11:52 pm
Original Poster

...my profile...shows my status as GOLD. Does that make me an elite?...
Yes.
Old Jul 21, 2010, 7:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Wondering what qualifies elite vs non-elite?

I stayed with BW long time back in 2004, and got my profile activated back last week, shows my status as GOLD. Does that make me an elite?

I did register for the stay 2, get 1 night free promotion, wondering how to confirm if I'm eligible for 2 free nights as elite member, or just 1 free night as non-elite.

Thanks in advance for the help.
Gold, Platnium or Diamond. A lot of hotel credit cards will give you their lowest level elite status automatically as a benefit. Not sure if BW's does this or not. I only applied for the card a couple years ago for the signup bonus and it used it once for that and haven't used it since (the hilton AM EX or WN Visa are much better deals for points, even at a best western, I find my Hilton Am Ex or WN Visa is worth more in incentives than BW's card). If so that would be one way of getting elite status but not sure if you would have it in time before the promo ends or not.

If you are elite with any other hotel chain the status match is your best bet.
https://goldcrownclub.bestwestern.co...tatusmatch.asp Nothing to do for it except answer a few questions and send it over. I was upgraded to diamond the same day I sent over my form and all I did was include a screenprintout of my hilton online profile showing I was a diamond.

In all honesty this is about the only time I have realy found being a premium BW member to be of much value. Being diamond with BW is nothing like having the highest tier with a chain like Marriott, Hyatt or Hilton.
Old Jul 25, 2010, 10:20 pm

Programs: AA AS DL UA US WN Choice Gold, BW Diamond, PClub Plat, HHonnors Gold, Marriott, Carlson Gold
Question and a warning

I am a gold elite with BW and I was planning to get the free night reward for 2 stays. I stayed 1 night at a BW hotel in Bangkok and then I booked a 2 night stay at a BW in Pattaya, Thailand. Little did I know that the rate that I chose in the dropdown (I booked online from the BW website) was not a qualified rate for the promotion. I stayed at the second location and I waited for the points to post. When I realized they were not posting I called CS and asked why they did not post the points. The CS rep said that the rate I booked at was not qualified but he did post the points into my BW account. I read the fine print to see if the CS rep was correct and all I saw was this:

All rates qualify for except for the following: --Leisure Club (LC), House Plan (HP), Employee/Member (E), European Employee (EE), Preferred Net (DI/D2), Priceline (PL/PN), Travelocity Promotional (D3), Orbitz Promotional (44), Expedia (FIT), Net/FIT (FI), Travel Agent Discount (TA), Tours (Group Tour Operator), Group (OF/OG), Crew and Deeply Discounted Extended Stay and Hotel Negotiated (greater than 20 percent discount), GCCI (FX), Dynamic Net Tour (X2), Dynamic Vacation Packages (WB), Amenity Packages, Unit Card (UC), Site 59 (59) and other locally negotiated hotel discount rates for crew or extended stays for longer than one week.

The rate I had was none of these. The CS rep said that if the rate is discounted by 20% or more then it doesn't qualify. The above says that is must be greater than 20% to make it not qualify. Which I undertand as 21% or higher (or even 20.1% or higher). The rate I used was exactly 20% discount for Amex card holders. I think they are poo-pooing me here and just not allowing me to get the free stay voucher.

I would like to make another stay in the US this time to get the voucher. Does anyone know which BW hotel in the continental US is the cheapest? I am willing to travel a certain distance to get there. I live in Southern Calofornia and the lowest price I found on a BW hotel is in Scottsdale, AZ. There is a hotel there that is under $40 a night. If anyone is aware of a cheaper one than that, even if it is in another state, please let me know.
Old Jul 26, 2010, 9:39 am

My suggestion would be to ALWAYS book the room from www.bestwestern.com

That way, you don't have to go thru disclaimers of expedia/travelocity etc. so just give a geographical radius search from ur home and do the stay with the cheapest price.
Old Jul 26, 2010, 3:54 pm

Programs: AA AS DL UA US WN Choice Gold, BW Diamond, PClub Plat, HHonnors Gold, Marriott, Carlson Gold
You might have missed it

but in my write-up I did mention that I booked on the BW web site, which is indeed www.bestwestern.com but still the CS rep is not allowing the stay to qualify for the promo anyways.

Looks like I'll have to spend a night in Scottsdale to get the voucher.
Old Jul 27, 2010, 10:30 am
Original Poster

Is it possible to pick up more than 2 vouchers?

Elites are limited to 2 vouchers, and a household requirement applies, so no matter what H and W does, collectively only 2 vouchers will be awarded.

Due to BW IT not cross-checking addresses, this may not be true. Shhhh! Please keep this a secret!
No guarantee from The OP that a family will get more than 2 vouchers, as YMMV.

Proceed at your own risk, if it doesn't matter youze having additional BW stays.

Last edited by Kohoutek; Jul 27, 2010 at 11:15 am Reason: Keep quiet, will ya?
Old Aug 3, 2010, 8:27 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Kohoutek
The promo states "allow 4 - 6 weeks for delivery of free night voucher(s) from second qualified stay." I was on the horn with BW on another matter, and I was told BW would be shipping these out around two weeks from your second qualifying stay. ^
Originally Posted by Kohoutek
I don't have my vouchers yet, but BW has the voucher numbers, if one wishes to book before receipt of the vouchers. The vouchers are being shipped by a third party. The physical voucher is needed for the stay, but not for the reservation.
Kohoutek's vouchers arrived 8/2/10. ^ BW :-: Party time! Last stay for the second voucher was 7/8, letter from BW was dated 7/22.

Last edited by Kohoutek; Aug 3, 2010 at 9:18 am
Old Aug 3, 2010, 9:34 am
Original Poster

It's okay to use a BW TC, but use the BW MC as well for the extra 1,000 points

I was wondering how this would play out, as I paid, in part, for some of my stays burning up Best Western Travel Cards, and paying the balance with my Best Western MasterCard. I was willing to forgo the 1,000 point MasterCard bonus in order to lighten my load of Travel Cards. I didn't pay for my stays in full with the MasterCard. Still received the 1,000 point bonus ^, dated late July, but with the account updating today.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.