Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Best Western | Best Western Rewards
Reload this Page >

Elite with Another Hotel Program? We'll Match It!

Elite with Another Hotel Program? We'll Match It!

Old Mar 28, 2014, 3:06 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, DL 500k, AA 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Thank you again.
Old Apr 30, 2014, 9:24 am

Programs: UA Premier Platinum; Marriott Platinum
Just called and matched SPG Gold to BW Platinum. It was done on my say-so (no backup) so I assume SPG Platinum would have matched to BW Diamond.
Old Jun 4, 2014, 7:58 am

Programs: A number, but no status no more
Hi all,

Originally Posted by Aston Martin
Dear Mr. ...

Thank you for contacting Best Western Rewards. Unfortunately it is not possible to upgrade your status because the Status Match No Catch promotion is not valid for European members. You can read the terms & conditions on https://goldcrownclub.bestwestern.co...atch-terms.pdf.

Best Regards,

Any solutions?
I know this is an old post, but just a fresh update. Recently joined the BW program as I have a number of stays with them coming up.

- Emailed my Marriott statement to the email in the OP. No response.
- Called Customer Support in the US, who said: "We have been instructed not to do this for European members."
- My answer: "So you would rather lose customers instead?", their answer: "Let me check with my supervisor".
- Agent comes back: "Please send your request to a different email address, which is: [email protected]"
- I did, and my account shows as upgraded to Diamond within 24 hours.

In short, as a European member, try: [email protected]

Cheers,

GenevaFlyer
Old Jun 4, 2014, 5:21 pm

Programs: Etihad Gold, Le Club Accor Platinum, Best Western Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by GenevaFlyer
Hi all,

I know this is an old post, but just a fresh update. Recently joined the BW program as I have a number of stays with them coming up.

- Called Customer Support in the US, who said: "We have been instructed not to do this for European members."
- My answer: "So you would rather lose customers instead?", their answer: "Let me check with my supervisor".
- Agent comes back: "Please send your request to a different email address, which is: [email protected]"

Cheers,

GenevaFlyer
GenevaFlyer, I recently did a status match to get BW Diamond. I was outweighing the pros and cons between BW Europe and BW North America. I find BW Europe to be quite frigid in the sense that points expire after a certain period. I joined BW North America as it covers Asia and I have an address for that and the points never expire.

Looking at the BW email address, you emailed BW North America?
Old Jun 5, 2014, 3:08 am

Programs: A number, but no status no more
Originally Posted by goldandsilver21
GenevaFlyer, I recently did a status match to get BW Diamond. I was outweighing the pros and cons between BW Europe and BW North America. I find BW Europe to be quite frigid in the sense that points expire after a certain period. I joined BW North America as it covers Asia and I have an address for that and the points never expire.

Looking at the BW email address, you emailed BW North America?
I called BW North America, and they provided the email address. But the agent I spoke to was very much aware that I was based in Europe.

Cheers,

GenevaFlyer
Old Jun 7, 2014, 3:20 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by GenevaFlyer
Hi all,

Cheers,

GenevaFlyer
I emailed [email protected] ealier this week, and received a reply after a couple of days. They matched my Marriott Platinum up to Diamond status.
Old Sep 2, 2014, 10:13 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AAdvantage, United MP, Marriott Rewards
No expiration date on card

My card shows no expiration date. Is this normal?
Does this mean I have lifetime status?
Even if I would drop in status I could still show this card at the front desk and benefit from the advantages. I would probably only loose the bonus points.
Then again, as I can do as many status matches as I like with BW (as long as they offer this) I could match again if I would ever drop.

Still, I'm intrigued as why there is no expiration on the card...
Old Sep 2, 2014, 5:05 pm

Originally Posted by kcaluwae
Even if I would drop in status I could still show this card at the front desk and benefit from the advantages. I would probably only loose the bonus points.
Then again, as I can do as many status matches as I like with BW (as long as they offer this) I could match again if I would ever drop.

Your card can say whatever status but front desk will know you actually status. So if you show diamond status card and system shows you are bases then you won't get upgrades or perks.
Old Sep 2, 2014, 11:43 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AAdvantage, United MP, Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by Vick407
Your card can say whatever status but front desk will know you actually status. So if you show diamond status card and system shows you are bases then you won't get upgrades or perks.
It actually was different during my past stays. I needed to show my card each and every time as the system still showed me as a base member. So I showed my card upon check-in and got the perks.

I taught it was because I made the bookings once I was base but got matched afterwards.
Old Sep 24, 2014, 3:31 pm

Programs: AC E50K (*Gold), DL, CZ
Awarded Diamond Elite Status

Hi Everyone,

Just stumbled onto this part of FT.

I had stayed at several different BWs around North America this past summer, thus putting me within 4 nights towards Gold.

In my accounts are small amounts of Marriott, Accor Leclub, and Club Carlson points and now-silver Hilton, so I combined the program info into the package and mailed it in.

I was then awarded Diamond this past weekend.

I was surprised as I only requested Gold or Platinum, but then again, I did email detailed itineraries of future holidays and showed how BW would suit me better (and how BW would benefit, of course).

So in a way, it was akin to how some airlines give one a " status challenge".

Now, it's on me to keep my word and book with BW where it's humanly possible. ^

Thanks, BW!
Old Sep 27, 2014, 2:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by kcaluwae

It appears that if you have a couple of stays a year at BWs you will keep your Diamond status. I matched about three years ago, stay at BWs 2 or 3 times a year, and my status has remained Diamond.
Old Sep 27, 2014, 12:25 pm

Programs: AC E50K (*Gold), DL, CZ
That's interesting to hear. I am probably going to have to cut back on travels in the near future, but will continue to book as many BW stays as possible (just not anywhere close to the amount it takes to maintain Diamond status).

Originally Posted by Shareholder
It appears that if you have a couple of stays a year at BWs you will keep your Diamond status. I matched about three years ago, stay at BWs 2 or 3 times a year, and my status has remained Diamond.
Old Jan 7, 2015, 1:59 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Got my statusmatch to Diamond, but I also found after logging in, it redirects me to Finnish pages (actually it says Finland, Baltic countries and Poland) where there is an ad about status match with Finnish address where to send a match request, unlike some reports who say the BW statusmatch probram is only for America
Old Jan 7, 2015, 12:37 pm

Programs: AS, AA, Hilton, Hyatt
Originally Posted by Shareholder
This is the case for me as well. I manage to do about 3-5 stays and about 8 nights a year and so far it has kept my status at Diamond. I always seem to manage to find a place where BW is the best or only choice even if it is not my fav. program.
Old Jan 8, 2015, 8:54 pm

Programs: UA Gold-1MM, Hhonors Diamond, Marriott/SPG Gold
Thanks for posting. Just happened to see this yesterday, after my company booked me at a BW for next week. Today they confirmed my match to platinum status. Not sure what it will get me, as I usually request miles and not points, but very cool that they are so accommodating. Thanks again.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.