Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Avis | Preferred and Budget | Fastbreak
Reload this Page >

What is coupon avis MUWA033 ?.... offered by Avis CSR.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What is coupon avis MUWA033 ?.... offered by Avis CSR.

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2006, 7:29 pm
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor Badge

What is coupon MUWA033 ?.... offered by Avis CSR.

I just booked a one way rental from Seattle to Laredo. The quoted rate was $566. When I began to "hesitate" the Avis CSR said ..."Oh... I just found a coupon that will take another $30 off." When she emailed the confirmation the coupon was MUWA033...but no identification as to what it was or represented....any ideas?

Last edited by david55; Jul 20, 2006 at 7:45 pm
Old Jul 20, 2006, 9:28 pm

No idea here, but I just tried to use it to make a res online and got an error message:

Sorry. This coupon cannot be included in your online reservation. To learn more about redeeming this coupon please call the Avis reservation center or present at the counter at time of rental.
Not sure if that means it can only be added by a reservations agent?
Old Jul 21, 2006, 1:34 am

Originally Posted by crhptic
No idea here, but I just tried to use it to make a res online and got an error message:

Not sure if that means it can only be added by a reservations agent?

yes, thats what it means.

Muwa031,032,033,034,035 are all res center coupons. I am not sure which one is which, but one is 20 dollars off a weekly, 30 dollars weekly, 35 off two weeks, 40 off three weeks and so on and so forth. something like that. im not an expert in these, just from obersvation on what shows up in front of me.
Old Jul 21, 2006, 3:30 am

Programs: SPG Platinum; Hyatt Platinum; UA 1K
Originally Posted by david4455
When I began to "hesitate" the Avis CSR said ..."Oh... I just found a coupon that will take another $30 off."
Did she also mail you the coupon?

ezmonee: Will he have an issue if he doesn't have a copy of the coupon at rental time?
Old Jul 21, 2006, 6:40 am
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by VPescado
Did she also mail you the coupon?

ezmonee: Will he have an issue if he doesn't have a copy of the coupon at rental time?
That is exactly what I wondered. I don't have a hard copy just the notation on the reservation. I wondered how it will be handed at the counter.

P.S. I just talked to CS and it is a paperless coupon issued by CS to"retain" business.... exactly what we thought.

Last edited by david55; Jul 21, 2006 at 7:19 am
Old Jul 22, 2006, 5:05 pm

Programs: QC, QF, Avis Preferred, BW Crown Club, Priority Club
Originally Posted by david4455
I just booked a one way rental from Seattle to Laredo. The quoted rate was $566. When I began to "hesitate" the Avis CSR said ..."Oh... I just found a coupon that will take another $30 off." When she emailed the confirmation the coupon was MUWA033...but no identification as to what it was or represented....any ideas?
I just tried to use MUWA033 for a 3 day rental out of OOL, to be told this is a code for 5 days or more. When I pointed out that this was provided by an Avis CSR as a "retainer" code, he was then able to find me a rate to lower a Group D from $164.37 for 3 days to $156.89. Yes, a grand saving of $2.50 per day.
Old Aug 24, 2009, 12:29 am
Suspended

New Avis Discount Code for 30-35% Discount

I just discovered a new AVIS discount code which will get 30-35% discount. Try it out.
AWB # is Z387740

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.