"Damage responsibility is 6000.00" on ereceipt

Old Apr 18, 2014, 11:34 am
Original Poster

"Damage responsibility is 6000.00" on ereceipt

I dropped off a rental at ORD, and when I was emailed the receipt it had in the
"Your Optional Products/Services" area this "Damage responsibility is 6000.00" then "Optional Services Total: 0.00"

A rental receipt I had from last week didn't have this.

Anyone know what the damage responsibility line is?
Old Apr 18, 2014, 12:51 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat
Certain company's agreements provide a deductible.

Like for example, USAA has an agreement with Avis, that there customers are only responsible for the first $5,000 dollars in damage and then USAA will pick up the rest(they also include some liability, but I'm not sure of the limits as of now).

So it looks like what ever discount code you used on your rental covers you after the first $6,000(your responsibility).
Old Apr 18, 2014, 1:09 pm
Original Poster

Ohhh... Good point.. I do have USAA, but I believe I used my corporate code on this one.. I wonder if the prior one was a diff discount code.
Have to go check that.. thanks for that idea.
Old Apr 18, 2014, 4:46 pm

Programs: DL-Dirt Medallion;US-Cast Iron Preferred; HH-Gold; Avis First
I don't have a receipt handy, but corp codes can limit liability. My company's AWD code provides for a $3000 limit.
Old Apr 28, 2014, 3:44 pm
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
It's for corporate AWD that has built in LDW. Depending on the station rented from, they may impose a "deductible" (for lack of a better term) in case of an accident.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.