Avis Fleet List (US & Canada Cars by Class)

Old Sep 1, 2009, 11:36 am

Trailblazer with AVIS

Hi,

Pre booked a car from Tampa with Avis via BA, they state that it will be a 'Large standard eg Chevrolet Trailblazer'.

Looking on the Chevrolet site and this vehicle isn't listed? Is it still in production? If not what has it been replaced with? For price comparisons how does the Trailblazer compare with an Equinox?

Thanks
Old Sep 1, 2009, 11:58 am
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Beergander
Hi,

Pre booked a car from Tampa with Avis via BA, they state that it will be a 'Large standard eg Chevrolet Trailblazer'.

Looking on the Chevrolet site and this vehicle isn't listed? Is it still in production? If not what has it been replaced with? For price comparisons how does the Trailblazer compare with an Equinox?

Thanks
If you look at the first page of this thread, you'll see what's in the same category as the TB (Class W: Dodge Nitro, Hyundai Santa Fe, etc). The TB isn't sold to the public anymore, but it might still be sold a a fleet vehicle. And it's still floating around on Avis lots, unfortunately.

And what do you mean "for price comparisons" with the Equinox? As in retail prices: have a look at Edmunds; for rental prices: have a look at rental websites. For vehicle comparisons: The TB is a bit bigger and horrible ride. The Equinox is a smoother/more refined ride, but by no means a 'fun' SUV like the Edge or smaller SUVs)
Old Sep 1, 2009, 1:27 pm
Used to be 'g_leyser'

Location: Brandon Johnson International Airport (expect delays)
Programs: AA PlatPro, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Plat, Reno Air MEGA Platinum

Smaller than a Tahoe. Bigger than a Blazer.

Piece of crap if you ask me, but then I don't like big trucks, so I'm biased.
Old Sep 1, 2009, 3:15 pm

Guys thanks, I wanted to have a decent SUV for the two week holiday. The reason for the price question is that I've have a cheaper quote for an Equinox than the TB, maybe I should opt for that ? After all size isn't everything ;-)
Old Sep 1, 2009, 6:56 pm
Used to be 'g_leyser'

Location: Brandon Johnson International Airport (expect delays)
Programs: AA PlatPro, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Plat, Reno Air MEGA Platinum
Originally Posted by Beergander
Guys thanks, I wanted to have a decent SUV for the two week holiday. The reason for the price question is that I've have a cheaper quote for an Equinox than the TB, maybe I should opt for that ? After all size isn't everything ;-)
Equinox is smaller, but still decent sized. Unless you have tons of luggage, I would go for the Equinox.
Old Sep 8, 2009, 3:54 am

Programs: WestJet Dollars, BAEC, Aeroplan, AirMiles, IHG, BW and others
VANCOUVER AIRPORT (YVR):

Group L all appear to be GMC Yukon SLT

Just returned one of these after a 2 week hire.

I was upgraded free from a Group W that I booked. Upgrade was probably due to unavailability rather than Avis Preferred status.

Good upgrade - almost double the hire cost!! (although the fuel consumption was high as I expected. Petrol is currently $CAD 1.10 in BC, so equivalent running coast per mile to what I'm used to in the UK....)
Old Sep 12, 2009, 4:48 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Marriott Plat, SPG Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Does someone know which cars Avis has available at Sea-Tac in Premium or Luxury category? Thanks!
Old Sep 20, 2009, 9:09 pm
Original Poster

I just updated the list again with the following changes:

-Chrysler 300 moved from Luxury to Specialty class, per the Avis.com site
-Added: Ford Flex (Specialty, per Avis.com)
-Dodge Grand Caravan replaces the Dodge Caravan as the minivan example
-Dodge Nitro moves from Standard SUV to Intermediate SUV and is the new Avis.com example for this class
-Added: 350z Convertible (Specialty, seen at MDT)
-Added: 370z (Specialty, driven at MDT & lists as the 350z on the receipt)
-Deleted: Pontiac Vibe, Chrysler Pacifica, Ford Freestyle, Dodge Magnum, Chrysler Crossfire

If you have any additions or deletions, please keep them coming! Thanks.
Old Oct 17, 2009, 4:57 pm

Just got a Camaro 2SS in SFO. I was thinking only LTs were available but 2SS are there as well. Good news is that both LT and SS are considered identical by Avis. As a consequence, should you be proposed a Camaro, check if there are any free 2SS in the park lots, and you'll gain a full empowered V8 instead of a standard V6 for app. same MPGs.
Full leather and XM radio are also present, don't know if it's there for LTs.
Old Oct 17, 2009, 5:53 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by gege38
Just got a Camaro 2SS in SFO. I was thinking only LTs were available but 2SS are there as well. Good news is that both LT and SS are considered identical by Avis. As a consequence, should you be proposed a Camaro, check if there are any free 2SS in the park lots, and you'll gain a full empowered V8 instead of a standard V6 for app. same MPGs.
Full leather and XM radio are also present, don't know if it's there for LTs.
The 2LT has leather, the upgraded radio options and blue tooth, XM, etc. I had an SS with XM, but wasn't activated and Avis wouldn't, but I made out without it. I'm also not convinced the SS has teh same MPG... I was getting 24ish on the highway with the SS on cruise ~70-73 MPH. I didn't get a chance to get the LT or 2LT on the highway for an extended run, but thought that low on the highway was pathetic.

Edit: I decided to not be lazy and look at the EPA figures for the Camaro and the SS has significantly worse fuel numbers.

Last edited by IAHtraveler; Oct 18, 2009 at 4:21 pm
Old Oct 18, 2009, 2:44 pm

Well, I dunno for LTs, but my Camaro 2SS was telling me I was consuming 15.7 mpg for an average speed of 30 mph.

Any LT consumer can tell us if it's definitely cheaper ?
Old Oct 18, 2009, 4:19 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by gege38
Well, I dunno for LTs, but my Camaro 2SS was telling me I was consuming 15.7 mpg for an average speed of 30 mph.

Any LT consumer can tell us if it's definitely cheaper ?
I'd expect that mid teens for "in town" traffic to be about right. According to Car and Driver, the EPA #'s for the Camaro are:

V6 (LT/LS) with auto trans: 18/29 MPG
V6 with manual trans: 17/29 MPG
V8 (SS) with auto trans: 16/25 MPG
V8 with manual trans: 16/24 MPG
Old Oct 26, 2009, 10:01 am

Programs: Avis First, AA plebian :(
Here's a couple to add to the list, although I don't know what class they actually are:

Ford F150 (I got this today at the downtown Tulsa location, it's a month old with about 2k on the clock)
Pontiac Vibe (I was offered this or an Elantra when I mentioned I'd rather not have a truck)
Old Oct 27, 2009, 10:12 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by wierdo
Here's a couple to add to the list, although I don't know what class they actually are:

Ford F150 (I got this today at the downtown Tulsa location, it's a month old with about 2k on the clock)
Pontiac Vibe (I was offered this or an Elantra when I mentioned I'd rather not have a truck)
Thanks for the post. IME, all pickups are specialty and I'll put the F150 up there. Seems to me that the most common Avis pickup is the Tundra, which is quite nice!

The Vibe used to be Avis' example of a Group F, Intermediate SUV, but now uses the Nitro. I pulled the Vibe because it wasn't the example any more and I hadn't seen it in over a year on an Avis lot. I'll go ahead and put it back up there for a while.
Old Nov 18, 2009, 1:05 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Chevy Traverse

Addition to master fleet list:

Two weeks ago I rented a Chevrolet Traverse at BHM. It listed as a Class S on the receipt.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.