Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ultimate Gas Station list for AVIS returns

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2008, 2:00 pm
ALW

FWIW, regular at Grover Cleveland on the NJT (n/b bet 11 and 12) was $2.33, the cheapest I saw today was a Valero on US130 (near exit 8A) which was $2.01, might have been cash. Of course the Valero wouldn't be worth it, except for a gas guzzler (then top-up at GC) and I don't know if it's an indication of the Newark stations on 1&9.

=aw
Old Nov 13, 2008, 5:07 pm

Programs: MR PremPlat, DL DM 1M, AA Plat, Avis First, Hertz PC
JAX - 3 gas stations at the I-95 airport exit 1/2 mile from airport
Old Nov 18, 2008, 9:53 pm

Programs: UA 1P, SPG Plat
RDU--on the way in to the airport: Coming from the East (Raleigh), there is a Sheetz gas station with good prices north of I-40 on Aviation Blvd (Exit 285) at National Guard Blvd (right after the Park and Ride sign).

If coming from the West (Durham, Chapel Hill), go one exit past the signed airport exit (Exit 285-Aviation Blvd) and turn left at the light.

With some cars, e.g. Ford Fusion, the short distance to the Avis return (~1.5mi) doesn't allow enough time to get the fuel needle back to full, FYI.
Old Nov 19, 2008, 5:20 am

Location: Cleveland, Ohio. I answer any question about Cleveland
Programs: I'm nobody
FLL - S.E. 17th St. and U.S.1 BP Station has best prices < mile to airport
Old Nov 21, 2008, 9:37 am

Programs: No more shiny cards -- former LH SEN, SPG Platinum, Flying Blue Platinum, BA Silver
MIA anyone ?

I have looked throught this goldmine of a thread but cannot find any mention of MIA ?

Can anyone please help ?

Thanks
Old Nov 21, 2008, 6:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS, Avis CHM, Marriott & SPG & PC Plat., Hyatt & Hilton Diamond
Added MCO, SNA, SAN, SEA, JAX, RDU, FLL... Updated EWR...

[please check that I added them under correct category]
Old Nov 21, 2008, 9:34 pm

Programs: DL-Dirt Medallion;US-Cast Iron Preferred; HH-Gold; Avis First
Originally Posted by heffa
Added MCO, SNA, SAN, SEA, JAX, RDU, FLL... Updated EWR...

[please check that I added them under correct category]
Heffa, the MCO ones look good, thanks for taking the time to make these updates.
Old Nov 22, 2008, 8:20 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle
Heffa - Please note regarding:

"SFO - Mini-mart/gas station complex: US101, Millbrae Ave WEST Exit (one exit south of the airport, WEST exit)"

There is an In-N-Out Burger here - you must mention this... many times we have planned our departure around lunch and fill-up prior to rental car check-in.
Old Nov 26, 2008, 10:02 am

Programs: DL Plat, Hilton Diamond
ABQ: There is a Phillips 66 station at the corner of University and Gibson. Easiest is to exit Gibson from I-25 and head east.

Anyone have recomendations for SJC? I can never seem to find a close station there.
Old Nov 27, 2008, 4:53 pm

Programs: AA, UA, WN, HH, Marriott
PHX

Here's an excellent site listing quite a few stations near PHX car rental return, arranged by direction you are coming from -

http://phoenix.about.com/library/blmapskyharborgas.htm
Old Dec 5, 2008, 11:12 am

Programs: BA Blue
Originally Posted by pdsuk
I have looked throught this goldmine of a thread but cannot find any mention of MIA ?

Can anyone please help ?

Thanks
Follow the signs to rental return and on the corner of Le Jeune, NW 42nd Ave, and NW 25th St there are a 2/3 gas stations.
Old Dec 9, 2008, 11:36 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Gold, HHonors Diamond, Avis President's Club
IND has a new terminal and there is NO gas station anywhere near the terminal. I returned a car today and got hit with a charge for $24 because I would have had to drive many miles out of my way to try to find a gas station once I realized they never opened one at the new terminal. I talked to an Avis supervisor and he confirmed that there was nothing close by, but they hoped someone would open one in the near future.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.