Community
Wiki Posts
Search

List your upgrades!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2014, 9:08 pm

Programs: AMEX PL, Avis First, AA GLD
Originally Posted by bkafrick
Officially nothing. There are no car groups "above" luxury that you're eligible for.

In practice, you might get a Cool Car, or an SUV.

YMMV.
Well, my favorite upgrade was from Premium to a 2014 Chevy Suburban for 2 people. Anything can happen.
Old Jan 3, 2014, 10:26 am

Programs: Cards with lots of logos on them
Does Avis have any 300C's available for rent in the US? Or all just 300's?
Old Jan 4, 2014, 5:11 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, Marriott Platinum, SPG Gold, US/UA Gold, National Executive, Avis First, Accor Platinum
Booked: Compact
Received: 2013 Mustang GT

Booked: Compact
Offered: Chevy Cruze (smelled terrible, interior was filthy)
Received: Ford Edge

Booked: Full-Size
Offered: Hyundai Sonata
Received: Infiniti G37
Old Jan 4, 2014, 6:10 pm
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

Originally Posted by bthobe
They used to but I haven't seen any in at least a year (not that I've looked too hard, though.. when I see a 300, I typically keep looking for something else).
Old Jan 4, 2014, 9:27 pm

Programs: US/AA-Platinum, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Gold, AVIS-Presidents Club, National-Executive Elite
I know you said US... But... I had one in YYZ about 6 weeks ago...
Old Jan 9, 2014, 2:01 pm

I saw a couple both in white at SEA before but it seems like they've gone for higher-optioned 300 3.6 instead.
Old Jan 11, 2014, 9:47 pm

Programs: delta PM, united G, marriott titanium, hilton diamond, avis preferred, hertz pres circle
PIT - 1/10 (Week-End Rate)
Pres Club
Reserved Mid Size
Driving: Chrysler 300 AWD with Sirius & Nav
19 miles on odometer at time of rental - Plastic still on the bumpers
Old Jan 12, 2014, 2:02 pm
QBK

Programs: UA 1K-MM + UC, Marriott Plat, National Exec
Booked: Full
Requested: Buick Enclave
Received: Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited

Nice vehicle, but it doesn't actually seat 5 adults in comfort. Not even if one of them is kinda short.
Old Jan 12, 2014, 4:36 pm

Programs: Delta Skymile DM, Marriott Platinum, PC Gold, Avis Chairman's Club, National EE
Booked: Midsize
Requested: Navigator or Escalade
Received: Fully equipped Suburban with 3000 miles.

Booked: Mid
Requested: Navigator or Escalade
Received: Fully equipped Tahoe with 2700 miles

Both great, but the Tahoe was a bit small for the 5 adults and a ton of luggage.
Old Jan 12, 2014, 6:00 pm

RDU
CC
Midsize
Waiting: 3 Series
Requested: "Anything new to the fleet that might be fun, but not a 3/5 Series"

The agent said the best thing they probably had that hadn't been around for 6+ moths was a new/loaded Impala, which I'd been wanting to try. While looking for it, I found a Z4. Very fun to drive, but not many options (as with all of the Avis BMWs I've seen).
Old Jan 12, 2014, 6:18 pm

Originally Posted by IAHtraveler
RDU
CC
Midsize

The agent said the best thing they probably had that hadn't been around for 6+ moths was a new/loaded Impala, which I'd been wanting to try. While looking for it, I found a Z4. Very fun to drive, but not many options (as with all of the Avis BMWs I've seen).
What?! You got a Z4 at RDU? I thought RDU was supposed to be skimpy with upgrades, and the fact that you got a Z4 on the East Coast is amazing! Jealous!!
Old Jan 13, 2014, 7:16 am

Originally Posted by drzoidberg
What?! You got a Z4 at RDU? I thought RDU was supposed to be skimpy with upgrades, and the fact that you got a Z4 on the East Coast is amazing! Jealous!!
It was FL plated. RDU doesn't typically have great cars, but they had the Volvo convertible & JX SUV (both were locked with the keys inside, to the agent's surprise.. she upset they couldn't get into them for me). I asked for the Z4 but never thought they'd give it, but she didn't have a problem giving it to me.
Old Jan 13, 2014, 8:13 am

It was FL plated. RDU doesn't typically have great cars, but they had the Volvo convertible & JX SUV (both were locked with the keys inside, to the agent's surprise.. she upset they couldn't get into them for me). I asked for the Z4 but never thought they'd give it, but she didn't have a problem giving it to me.
Nice! Especially since the Z4 is a Specialty class vehicle.
Old Jan 13, 2014, 12:44 pm

Programs: National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis CC, Continental Onepass
RDU
CC
Midsize

Man, I was at RDU that morning. I thought about renting there but they would have probably had my Taurus parked next to your BMW. I actually ended up renting from Avis at CLT.

Reserved: Full
Received: Lincoln MKZ

Agent tried to give me something nicer, but they wouldn't let her do it because my rental was considered a mini lease (35 days). It's my first Lincoln MKZ and I like it. How long was your rental? That may be the reason why my upgrades are skimpy there since my shortest rental was 2 weeks.
Old Jan 13, 2014, 1:03 pm

Originally Posted by sanctified50
Man, I was at RDU that morning. I thought about renting there but they would have probably had my Taurus parked next to your BMW. I actually ended up renting from Avis at CLT.

Reserved: Full
Received: Lincoln MKZ

Agent tried to give me something nicer, but they wouldn't let her do it because my rental was considered a mini lease (35 days). It's my first Lincoln MKZ and I like it. How long was your rental? That may be the reason why my upgrades are skimpy there since my shortest rental was 2 weeks.
Exactly! Longer rentals are harder to get good upgrades on because they don't want it out of commission so long. Others on here previously noted that they would reserve for just a day or a few hours & then call to extend the reservation as soon as they pulled out of the lot But with Avis charging extension fees, I don't know if folks still do that.

My rental was just 1 day so that probably helped my cause in getting the Z4. And when I got to RDU, I waited 20 minutes for a bus. After zero Avis buses, I called the CC desk and 2 minutes later a bus pulled up. The driver & the manager were apologetic, so I'm sure that helped my cause too.

Funny you should mention that abt the Taurus: When I said I disliked the 3/5 series, she immediately said "We have some really nice Tauruses." Meh, they are nice, but I like trying new things.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.