Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Avis | Preferred and Budget | Fastbreak
Reload this Page >

Ultimate Avis Car List (USA/Canada - List of Cars by Rental Class)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ultimate Avis Car List (USA/Canada - List of Cars by Rental Class)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2010, 3:38 pm

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
Does anyone know what US car classes count as Large for the Air Berlin promotion?

I think I just found my own answers by cross referencing car groups between the UK & US sites, but would appreciate any corrections.
Small: Economy
Medium: Compact, Intermediate, Convertible
Large: Standard, Full, Premium, All SUV, All Van

Last edited by Mrp Alert; Sep 26, 2010 at 3:44 pm
Old Oct 6, 2010, 10:52 am

Had a Kia Forte as an intermediate at YDF in Canada. Thought the car was small to be in that class, but the clerk insisted it wasn't. Surprisingly nice ride, nice sized trunk, but transmission was a bit fidgety, otherwise colour me impressed!
Old Oct 8, 2010, 7:54 am

Programs: BA Executive Club, UA Mileage Plus, bmi Diamond Club
Not sure if this is the right place for this - I apologise if not.

I rented a car at LAS, we got a Hyundai Sonata, less than 6 months old, with working XM radio. I loved driving it, and it was very spacious (my boyfriend is over 6ft and he had lots of legroom). We pre-paid the gas and only put $30 of gas in ourselves. We did about 850 miles through Arizona (so lots of up and down hills, etc) and the trip computer showed we had 50 miles to empty when we returned it, and that it had averaged 37mpg. It looked good too.
Old Oct 16, 2010, 1:46 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Marriott Plat, ICH Plat, HH Gold
Originally Posted by clem151
Just had a 2011 Sonata with 1,000 miles from MSP.

I was impressed! I would actually rather have one of these than most of the other full size cars, with the exception of a Taurus or Fusion (those are the best Avis has in my experience)
I did get one with 8 miles from RNO recently

I'm rather disappointed that the Kia Optima is in the same car group (E) as e.g. the Sonata, Camry and Altima... I prefer either the Altima or the Sonata when there is a choice.

[update]Just exchanged my Optima for a Sonata at SAN - quite happy as this rental is until end of November.

Last edited by frankvb; Oct 16, 2010 at 6:16 pm
Old Oct 22, 2010, 3:08 pm
Used to be 'g_leyser'

Location: Brandon Johnson International Airport (expect delays)
Programs: AA PlatPro, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Plat, Reno Air MEGA Platinum
I think this thread is pretty old and outdated.

I think we should be sticking to this one:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/avis/...ars-class.html
Old Dec 1, 2015, 9:15 am

deleting because of old thread

Last edited by tdankmyer; Dec 1, 2015 at 9:19 am Reason: old thread.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.