Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Avis Elite Levels?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2007, 2:35 pm

Programs: AA EXP,HH Dia, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite,IC RA,Avis CHM
Originally Posted by CraigS
Join the club of X-Hertz (and X-Happy) Avis corporate refugees- Your upgrading days are over!

How true !!
Old Jan 12, 2007, 3:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Plat, HHonors Diamond, Avis CHM
As a Chairman's Club member there is a great diffrence in the service at this level. Most of the Site Managers know me by site (after I have been there once) and they know what car I like. I have gotten to the ponit where I am requesting that I not be upgraded to the Caddi all the time. To me a car is a car but the service level of the staff is well worth the loyality. I am not a CEO, and I travel 50 weeks out of the year. I recieved my Chairman's invite via a promoton with Marquis Jet. I am actually worried that even though I have 70+ rentals last year that after my year is up I will be downgraded to Presidents Club.

GRB is the only site that has not done anything out of the ordinary for a CHM.
Old Jan 14, 2007, 12:51 pm

Programs: Cards with lots of logos on them
Originally Posted by ipd054
As a Chairman's Club member there is a great diffrence in the service at this level. Most of the Site Managers know me by site (after I have been there once) and they know what car I like. I have gotten to the ponit where I am requesting that I not be upgraded to the Caddi all the time. To me a car is a car but the service level of the staff is well worth the loyality. I am not a CEO, and I travel 50 weeks out of the year. I recieved my Chairman's invite via a promoton with Marquis Jet. I am actually worried that even though I have 70+ rentals last year that after my year is up I will be downgraded to Presidents Club.

GRB is the only site that has not done anything out of the ordinary for a CHM.
If you will be traveling to the same sites at when you were a Chairman and now a PC, I do not think that they will treat you differently since they already know you. The only problem would be when you get to a new location they may not treat you as special or pick you up at the airport assuming they have the option of using the shuttle to the lot.
Old Jan 18, 2007, 10:42 pm

Anyone have experience with booking a intermediate car and getting a specialty car? Ie. booking intermediate and getting a Jeep or Hummer in OGG. Can you make that kind of request in advance as a Chairman?
Old Jan 19, 2007, 5:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, Delta Plat
I guess I'm one of the lucky ones that was Avis for five years, and now got pushed to Hertz. By the end of Jan, I'll have four rentals and thirteen rental days, well on my way to 5* and beyond. ^
Old Jan 19, 2007, 6:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
Originally Posted by jgoodm
Anyone have experience with booking a intermediate car and getting a specialty car? Ie. booking intermediate and getting a Jeep or Hummer in OGG. Can you make that kind of request in advance as a Chairman?
You can make the request, but IIRC the Hummer isn't technically supposed to be used for upgrades.

Personally very sick of Cadillacs...
Old Jan 19, 2007, 7:05 pm

Originally Posted by gleff
You can make the request, but IIRC the Hummer isn't technically supposed to be used for upgrades.

Personally very sick of Cadillacs...
What about a jeep or some other kind of "specialty" car? How do you make the request? Is there some place specific to do it or do you need to find the email for the local manager?
Old Jan 20, 2007, 5:24 am

On our last rental, we reserved an intermediate. As President's Club, we are entitled to a 2-class upgrade if available. Upon arrival, we were assigned a Crown Victoria (3-class upgrade) and I asked if they would have a convertible available which is considered a specialty car. They had a new Mustang convertible and gave it to us without a problem.

I know this isn't the type of specialty car you want, but just ask. If they have it, they will generally give it to you. YMMV.

I did ask to note my preference when I made the reservation (I had to reserve by phone because I wasn't getting the right terms over the website). From what I understand, there is very little space for the reservation agent to make notes and I've not found the advance note to have much affect.

You can also try to contact the local Avis a couple of hours in advance of your pickup time. They are supposed to assign your car at least two hours in advance, so you can call to see what they've set aside for you, and ask at that time if they have your preferred vehicle.

Although I haven't had much luck in getting through to the local Avis where I'm renting. Even if I call a 'local' number, I usually get transferred to the Oklahoma call center. So I'm not sure how useful calling is.

Does anyone know if there is an email address for each local manager? That would surely be worth a try, but I've only managed again to email a generic address for Avis.

Susan
Old Jan 20, 2007, 7:56 pm
Suspended

As a Preferred Select I've been upgraded once in the last year - unless unwanted minivans count
Old Jan 21, 2007, 5:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
Each station certainly does have an email address, Chairman's desk has emailed locations on my behalf several times. ezmonee has posted that contacting a manager at a location directly will be better than having the Chairman's desk do it, but I'm lazy..

Once I was renting a car from a local (non-airport) station, I didn't bother with having them deliver the car, showed up at their supposed opening time in the morning but no one was there... waited, no one showed up. Called Chairman's desk and they had the district manager conferenced in on his cell phone within minutes, he came by and gave me my car. I'm sure I could have pushed for compensation or something, but I was just happy with the ability to get a location opened when no one had shown up for work!

As far as specialty vehicles, some locations are going to be better than others. Convertibles aren't the issue, I can't imagine anyone giving a hard time about those. I'm talking about Hummers, Volvos, etc. Those aren't technically supposed to be upgrade cars even for Chairmans members. Some locations will still give them to you, others not. And since the 'rules' don't allow for them, you're probably better off requesting them from the property directly. Or in my case I'd probably just turn up (at one of the better stations, eg SAN or ATL) and ask if they had one.
Old Jan 23, 2007, 2:40 pm

each location does NOT, I repeat, NOT have its own email address. When a CHM desk official says, I will email the location for you, they email a specific contact manager at that location, who in larger locations is the preferred manager. Depending on the location, the designated mgr, dist mgr, an admin assistant, and whoever they decide will get CC's.

When an email goes to the location, the chm desk is required to get confirmation of receipt of message, and since their computer stays open until they get the confirmation, they usually end up calling and using the email as a reminder/cc system than a true note location. Using the CHM desk isnt a bad thing, but I have had better results when talking to the CHM member directly. It gives me the oppurtunity of fully offering everything I have, rather than just taking a "perfers such and such" message from the CHM desk. Usually, I will say "What kind of cars would they prefer if I cannot give them their first choice car?" and then they usually call the CHM back...then get a list, then call me back. sometimes a day or two later.

Its always best to talk directly to the location. Examples of high profile customers that call directly....

Charles Schwab
Joe Coors Jr. (coors brewing)
Amar J. Bose (bose stereo)

All three have specific instructions as to what they want and if what they want isnt available, they have backup plans.

Also, Chairmen are supposed to be able to point to a car on the lot and say "I want that". And if its not on contract to another car at that time, its theres. That rarely happens, most of the time because the CHM usually has their car pulled up in a special stall or the car is open and running waiting for the chm to jump off the bus. If a CHM wants something different, upon pickup, they should mention something to the driver, who should radio ahead and they will prepare the counter for your arrival.

Originally Posted by gleff
Each station certainly does have an email address, Chairman's desk has emailed locations on my behalf several times. ezmonee has posted that contacting a manager at a location directly will be better than having the Chairman's desk do it, but I'm lazy..

Once I was renting a car from a local (non-airport) station, I didn't bother with having them deliver the car, showed up at their supposed opening time in the morning but no one was there... waited, no one showed up. Called Chairman's desk and they had the district manager conferenced in on his cell phone within minutes, he came by and gave me my car. I'm sure I could have pushed for compensation or something, but I was just happy with the ability to get a location opened when no one had shown up for work!

As far as specialty vehicles, some locations are going to be better than others. Convertibles aren't the issue, I can't imagine anyone giving a hard time about those. I'm talking about Hummers, Volvos, etc. Those aren't technically supposed to be upgrade cars even for Chairmans members. Some locations will still give them to you, others not. And since the 'rules' don't allow for them, you're probably better off requesting them from the property directly. Or in my case I'd probably just turn up (at one of the better stations, eg SAN or ATL) and ask if they had one.
Old Jan 24, 2007, 11:21 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Chairman's Club benefit question

Hey all...in progress with my first rental as a CHM...I too like the personalized service and don't mind having the Caddilac but here's my question. When I drove to the booth to check out, the man asked me if I wanted the fuel option, then while I was starting to say "No" he interrupted me and apologized profusely for not noticing my status (written on the contract was *CHM*) - does this mean I don't have to even fill the tank as a CHM? Nice added perk for my clients really (and me whenever I do find time for a vacation)

-Mike
Old Jan 25, 2007, 1:54 am

Location: RDU, Delta GM/1MM, Hilton Diamond (for now), Bonvoy Titanium
How are you guys earning chairman's or president's club?

I rent ~40-45 times over an 18 month period average rental is 3-4 days.
Old Jan 25, 2007, 4:23 am

Programs: DL Platinum, Hilton Diamond, HI Platinum
Unhappy Sounds like not the place to be

I have just been told our 'preferred' vendor for rental cars is now Avis. I was a "Gold Strip" at National. After reading this thread, I fear for my life in the sea of rentals. A co worker called Avis and asked for equivalent status as airlines will do when switching to them. The answer he got was, "No, we don't do that." Kinda gives the impression of a non service oriented company.

What a pleasure it was to walk off the bus at National and have my pick of the lot. All I can say is UH OH....Sounds like not the place to be
Old Jan 25, 2007, 7:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I stand corrected on the location email vs. designated location contact email!

And of course ezmonee's advice is sound that personal contact is more likely to yield what you want.

I've never heard of a defined benefit for Chairman of not having to refuel. Though I wouldn't be surprised that if a car was a bit off the full they might not bother a CHM over it (though if I return it less than full I completely expect them to charge me,and wouldn't worry about it -- it means I was in a hurry and of course I pay for the extra convenience).

As to how to qualify for Presidents Club
* Large corporate contract = designated X number of PC memberships
* Amex Centurion
* There are reports of some Presidents upgrades from Preferred Select to uniquely high volume renters that have requested it, but I don't know of an explicit program and criteria or method for this
* I have a colleague who sent in his Amex Plat form for Preferred Select who was upgraded to Presidents by mistake

Chairmans Club, my rough understanding (and I haven't seen published criteria)
* Ultra VIPs, Fortune 500 CEOs and the like
* Decision-makers on ultra large volume corporate contracts
* MarquisJet owners

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.