Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Avis | Preferred and Budget | Fastbreak
Reload this Page >

Avis Discount Codes - Put AWD codes in this thread only

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 24, 2013, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TravelinSperry
As of 2/12/14: We've had quite a few "Hey, come use this AWD. It's great" type of posts. When the AWD doesn't give a good discount, but is only posted to try to get renters to use the AWD of someone so the poster can earn free days from their Avis Corporate account. From here out, please put the company/trade group/etc that's associated with the AWD or we'll delete the post to keep it on-topic here.

Status Match &/or Complimentary Status
(only public matches posted where Avis or entity post public links - certain corporations also offer upgrades - they are not listed since they are not public)

Status Match
  • (Not applicable to residents in the US and Canada) link here
President's Club (complimentary upgrade)
  • American Airlines 100k Loyalty Points level choice (link here)
  • United Club Infinite, Presidential Plus Business/Consumer, & Business Card primary Cardmembers (link here)
  • United MileagePlus members with Premier Platinum or status or higher (link here)
  • Aeroplan 75K and Super Elite Members as well as the Primary Cardholder of an Aeroplan premium credit card (link here)
  • Hawaiian Air Pualani Platinum members (link here)
  • Singapore Airlines Kris Flyer Solitaire PPS Club and PPS Club members (link here)
  • American Express Platinum card holders (outside USA) link here
  • Mastercard World Elite or Black cardholders (Europe, Turkey, & CIS) link here
  • Bank of America® Premium Rewards® Elite Visa Infinite (benefits link here)
  • Lincoln Black Label members (link here)
  • Inspirato members (link here)
  • THIRDHOME members (link here)
  • SouthernSun Black Status Members (South Africa) (link here)
  • DNB Mastercard Upgrade cardholders (Norway) (link here)
  • XO Access Members (link here)
Preferred Plus (complimentary upgrade)
  • American Airlines 60k Loyalty Points level choice (link here)
  • United MileagePlus Premier Silver and Premier Gold members (link here)
  • Aeroplan 25K, 35K and 50K Members and primary cardholders of an Aeroplan core credit card (link here)
  • Etihad Guest Gold Members (residing in Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Great Britain, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and Turkey) link here
  • Mastercard World Elite card holders (US based) link here
  • Visa Infinite card holders (US & Canada based) (link here)
  • American Express Platinum Cardholders (US Based) link here
  • CLEAR Plus members (link here)
  • Founders Card Members (link provided after joining)
Print Wikipost

Avis Discount Codes - Put AWD codes in this thread only

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2008, 7:03 pm

I've heard nothing but bad things about people trying to use employee codes in north america when they're not really employees. Wouldn't recommend it.
Old Jun 22, 2008, 9:12 pm

farmers

just made a booking with farmers insurance and it turned out to be more expensive than with no discount at all
Old Jun 23, 2008, 6:58 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Originally Posted by ram27p
I've heard nothing but bad things about people trying to use employee codes in north america when they're not really employees. Wouldn't recommend it.
Who did you hear this from?
Old Jun 23, 2008, 2:20 pm

Don't actually know a person that tried to use the code but a few people have posted saying that they were questioned for id and unable to use the reservation. Have also heard a story that reservations using the employee code get locked and only the manager at the station can authorize the rental after they've seen id. Dont know if that's actually true though.
Old Jun 24, 2008, 5:08 pm

Programs: Marriott, Hilton HHonors
It is true. Saw it happen three weeks ago at SYR. A legit employee had to wait for a manager to come off his break to unlock the rental. The manager complained that he had to cut his trip to the facilities short for the guy.

Last edited by cblaisd; Jun 25, 2008 at 2:17 am Reason: TOS
Old Jun 27, 2008, 12:53 pm

Programs: WestJet Dollars, BAEC, Aeroplan, AirMiles, IHG, BW and others
New discount code - for Barclays Bank customers with Additions bank account upgrade

W300012

Apparently gets you the following discounts:

UK 10% off best available rate on the day
Europe 10% off Avis SuperValue rentals
USA and Canada 5% off inclusive holiday rates
Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa Up to 10% off standard rates
Avis Chauffeur Drive 10% off in the UK
Avis Prestige Cars 10% off in the UK

I've used it for a 13 day booking at YVR and it actually got me £100 off on avis.co.uk website.

On this booking it included LDW with £0 excess according to the website. Will see when I get there next Friday!!!

£426 for 13 days hire of a Standard SUV on a Pay Later (no card details to reserve) rate. Pay now was more expensive for same T&Cs!!!!.

I have a backup 'no card' booking with Alamo just in case!!

Last edited by kirky; Jun 27, 2008 at 12:59 pm
Old Jun 27, 2008, 3:01 pm

Looks like the netjets code isn't giving me a great discount for a 30 day rental in spain. Only getting a 23% disc.

anyone have an alternative for rentals in Spain over 30 days?
Old Jun 29, 2008, 5:39 pm

Hello, i am UK citizen who will go to Greece for vacation so i am looking to rent a car from Avis from 1st of August to 25th and i want to rent a Large: Intermediate ranger, preferably an Audi A4 1.6. Can someone suggest me the best voucher which does not require a ID , just the best discount available
Old Jun 30, 2008, 11:36 am

W300012 : Does this voucher include unlimited mileage Vehicle damage cover and vehicle theft cover ?
Old Jun 30, 2008, 2:58 pm

Programs: WestJet Dollars, BAEC, Aeroplan, AirMiles, IHG, BW and others
Originally Posted by Angelos12
W300012 : Does this voucher include unlimited mileage Vehicle damage cover and vehicle theft cover ?
According to Avis website it gives you:

All Mandatory Charges , Loss Damage Waiver (LDW), Additional Liability Insurance, Tax, Unlimited kilometres

Vehicle Damage Cover Excess - $0.00

Vehicle Theft Cover Excess - $0.00

(well, it does in Canada anyway - you will need to try making a reservation to see what it says for your rental location).

EDIT 1/7/08:

CAN CONFIRM THAT BOOKINGS FOR CANADA USING AVIS.CO.UK NOW HAVE ZERO EXCESS - AVIS HAVE CONFIRMED THIS TODAY ON THEIR BLOG (YOU GET QUICKER ANSWERS THERE THAN YOU DO BY EMAIL!!!)

ALSO CANADA PRICE FOR EACH ADDITIONAL DRIVER IS $10 PER DAY UPTO A MAXIMUM OF $45 PER BOOKING AND THERE IS NO CHARGE IF THE ADDITIONAL DRIVER IS YOUR SPOUSE.

Last edited by kirky; Jul 1, 2008 at 1:09 pm
Old Jul 4, 2008, 9:50 am

Thanks, kirky, the code you posted is producing crazy good rates for me in Canada and the UK, and the LDW is just a bonus. Would you mind posting a link to the entry on the Avis UK blog that you mentioned? I searched for it and couldn't find anything. Thanks alot again.
Old Jul 5, 2008, 10:16 am

Programs: UA 1PMM,AAG; usedtobeelite
Any more feedback on "LDW Included" rates?

I posted a concern with LDW Included rates. As much as they might lower my cost, I've been wary because of the possibility I'd lose credit card insurance coverage and have the damage hit my personal policy, with resulting rate increases. Domestically I rely on AMEX's $25/rental coverage as primary, which requires declining the LDW, IIRC, and internationally I rely on any card, as primary coverage, which also requires declining. One response was that the rate's LDW worked without challenge. One response was that DC declined damage coverage due to the "LDW-included" AWD. On the rental form I want to be able to check the box "decline" and I've had "LDW-included" AWDs block that. Does anyone else have experiences? Thanks.

From previous posts:
My June 14 posting:
Call me overly risk averse, but I've been wary of using codes that "include LDW". I can see that aspect negating the credit card insurance (that requires one to "decline" insurance) and, if later challenged on use of the code, becoming reliant on own insurance. When someone "has never had a problem" that sounds like "I've never gotten a ticket for speeding but do it all the time." Does anyone have knowledge if credit card insurers view the "decline" requirement being met even when the rental was initially with a LDW included code? In the past, ezmoney noted that if pressed Avis can provide quite a history to the insurer.
Post by bob1008 June 15:
I agree with your concern about insurance, but I believe your reasonig may be flawed. I think many people don't understand that standard credit card rental insurance is secondary, and only activates after all your other insurance possibilities have been exhausted. I believe that the card companies can give this for free because it's essentially worthless. I'd bet that 75%+ of auto renters have personal auto policies that they are required to file a claim with first, before the credit card company.
The code I use most often (G417900) has LDW included, I still buy the extra primary coverage from Amex on every rental. I'm paying for additional insurance from Amex just in case there is an LDW issue. By the way, I have had 2 accidents in the past with this code and the LDW took care of everything without an issue. That being said. I still feel it's worth the $20 per rental, (not per day)to buy Amex Premium Insurance as backup, and know for certain that I do not have to go to my personal insurance company (or my pocket) in the event of an accident.
Post by Brendan June 15:
I rented a car from Avis in Australia in March 2007 using N744100, which I had gotten from British Airways & lowered my "excess" ( =deductible) from the normal A$2500++ to A$1000++. I scraped the fenders against wooden stumps too short to see , so upon return they charged me A$1240 incl. GST, airport concession fee, & 1 other tax.
Back in the USA I filed a claim with DC, which denied it on grounds that I had "accepted" the automatically included LDW

Last edited by Warrenlm; Jul 8, 2008 at 12:47 pm
Old Jul 10, 2008, 2:40 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond; Marriott Platinum; SPG Gold; OnePass Gold; Avis President's Club
A113400 State of Florida code

Originally Posted by mrEzE
Has anyone here used the A113400 State of Florida code that is not a resident of Florida? This is giving me a great rate for a March weekend in Ft lauderdale, but would like to ensure I am not going to asked for any type of state ID.

Thanks
Well, I got around to trying this code on my latest trip to FLL. Gave me a great rate compared to other available rates. I booked it online and was hoping I would just pick up the car and not have to talked to anyone (Avis Preferred President's Club). When I got to the pickup location, my name was not on the board so I had to go talk to the preferred counter rep. She looked at the reservation and asked if I had State of Florida ID. I said, 'No, my company is a contractor for State of FL'. She looked very dubious, and asked the guy next to her if it was OK - he said it was and they gave me a car. If the guy didn't chime in, I think I would have been in a bit of trouble (had Alamo as a backup but for a substantially higher price). Moral of the story: great rate, but have a backup and don't be surprised if you have to use it.

I'd be interested in hearing if anyone else has used this code and gotten on the preferred board.
Old Jul 10, 2008, 2:46 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond; Marriott Platinum; SPG Gold; OnePass Gold; Avis President's Club
[QUOTE=Warrenlm;9985774]I posted a concern with LDW Included rates. As much as they might lower my cost, I've been wary because of the possibility I'd lose credit card insurance coverage and have the damage hit my personal policy, with resulting rate increases. Domestically I rely on AMEX's $25/rental coverage as primary, which requires declining the LDW, IIRC, and internationally I rely on any card, as primary coverage, which also requires declining. One response was that the rate's LDW worked without challenge. One response was that DC declined damage coverage due to the "LDW-included" AWD. On the rental form I want to be able to check the box "decline" and I've had "LDW-included" AWDs block that. Does anyone else have experiences? Thanks.

I also use the Amex platinum card $25 plan when renting a car. On my last project in New Jersey, the AWD code the company I was working for had LDW. I actually got into a fender bender while exiting the EWR Avis lot (what a clusterf*** that place is). I made a big stink about how their lot was a mess and how they should just give me a new car, but they made us both fill out the accident report, etc. They gave me a new car and I never heard anything about it again. I don't know if the corporate LDW kicked it or what, but I never had to use the Amex card insurance and as far as I know, the company I was working for didn't get notified because noone ever mentioned it to me.
Old Jul 10, 2008, 3:25 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Originally Posted by mrEzE
Well, I got around to trying this code on my latest trip to FLL. Gave me a great rate compared to other available rates. I booked it online and was hoping I would just pick up the car and not have to talked to anyone (Avis Preferred President's Club). When I got to the pickup location, my name was not on the board so I had to go talk to the preferred counter rep. She looked at the reservation and asked if I had State of Florida ID. I said, 'No, my company is a contractor for State of FL'. She looked very dubious, and asked the guy next to her if it was OK - he said it was and they gave me a car. If the guy didn't chime in, I think I would have been in a bit of trouble (had Alamo as a backup but for a substantially higher price). Moral of the story: great rate, but have a backup and don't be surprised if you have to use it.

I'd be interested in hearing if anyone else has used this code and gotten on the preferred board.
Used it on Friday night at MIA and no issue at all, got my car, drove to the exit booth, showed my license and was out the gate.. price came out on return perfectly

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.