Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Avis | Preferred and Budget | Fastbreak
Reload this Page >

Avis Discount Codes - Put AWD codes in this thread only

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 24, 2013, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TravelinSperry
As of 2/12/14: We've had quite a few "Hey, come use this AWD. It's great" type of posts. When the AWD doesn't give a good discount, but is only posted to try to get renters to use the AWD of someone so the poster can earn free days from their Avis Corporate account. From here out, please put the company/trade group/etc that's associated with the AWD or we'll delete the post to keep it on-topic here.

Status Match &/or Complimentary Status
(only public matches posted where Avis or entity post public links - certain corporations also offer upgrades - they are not listed since they are not public)

Status Match
  • (Not applicable to residents in the US and Canada) link here
President's Club (complimentary upgrade)
  • American Airlines 100k Loyalty Points level choice (link here)
  • United Club Infinite, Presidential Plus Business/Consumer, & Business Card primary Cardmembers (link here)
  • United MileagePlus members with Premier Platinum or status or higher (link here)
  • Aeroplan 75K and Super Elite Members as well as the Primary Cardholder of an Aeroplan premium credit card (link here)
  • Hawaiian Air Pualani Platinum members (link here)
  • Singapore Airlines Kris Flyer Solitaire PPS Club and PPS Club members (link here)
  • American Express Platinum card holders (outside USA) link here
  • Mastercard World Elite or Black cardholders (Europe, Turkey, & CIS) link here
  • Bank of America® Premium Rewards® Elite Visa Infinite (benefits link here)
  • Lincoln Black Label members (link here)
  • Inspirato members (link here)
  • THIRDHOME members (link here)
  • SouthernSun Black Status Members (South Africa) (link here)
  • DNB Mastercard Upgrade cardholders (Norway) (link here)
  • XO Access Members (link here)
Preferred Plus (complimentary upgrade)
  • American Airlines 60k Loyalty Points level choice (link here)
  • United MileagePlus Premier Silver and Premier Gold members (link here)
  • Aeroplan 25K, 35K and 50K Members and primary cardholders of an Aeroplan core credit card (link here)
  • Etihad Guest Gold Members (residing in Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Great Britain, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and Turkey) link here
  • Mastercard World Elite card holders (US based) link here
  • Visa Infinite card holders (US & Canada based) (link here)
  • American Express Platinum Cardholders (US Based) link here
  • CLEAR Plus members (link here)
  • Founders Card Members (link provided after joining)
Print Wikipost

Avis Discount Codes - Put AWD codes in this thread only

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2008, 12:52 am

Originally Posted by bandito
I have putting in various codes and came up with a better discount than the one you listed BUT your code ends up being cheaper IF it includes LDW. When you pick up the car is there anything that we, as the customer can see, that shows that it, in fact, covers LDW.
If you book online, you will see the LDW endorsement on the final confirmation page. You'll also see it in the identical "Real-Time Reservation Confirmation" email they send.

I just made two identical reservations - one using the Car & Driver AWD (A074800) and one with the Citicorp Leisure Travel AWD (A074800). The base rates were within a dollar, as were the approximate totals shown. Yet under the "Rate Information" section, the Citicorp one shows "Elected Coverages: $25.99 USD" (the rate for LDW) and "Mileage: Unlimited" whereas the C&D reservation shows only "Mileage: Unlimited". For the extra $1, I like the Citicorp rate with LDW a lot better!

Rob
Old Mar 17, 2008, 5:54 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rvonder
If you book online, you will see the LDW endorsement on the final confirmation page. You'll also see it in the identical "Real-Time Reservation Confirmation" email they send.

I just made two identical reservations - one using the Car & Driver AWD (A074800) and one with the Citicorp Leisure Travel AWD (A074800). The base rates were within a dollar, as were the approximate totals shown. Yet under the "Rate Information" section, the Citicorp one shows "Elected Coverages: $25.99 USD" (the rate for LDW) and "Mileage: Unlimited" whereas the C&D reservation shows only "Mileage: Unlimited". For the extra $1, I like the Citicorp rate with LDW a lot better!

Rob
I'm sorry, but I'm missing your point. Does that mean that you have elected to accept the additional coverage at $25.99 per day? Or is it included at no charge? Free LDW is normally a feature negotiated in the contract for each individual company, and does not show on the rental agreement. It's not something you can accept or decline on a per rental basis. You may be absolutely correct, but I'm wondering why your agreement say's you "elected to take the coverage @ $25.99? Why is the cost there at all if it is at no charge?
Old Mar 17, 2008, 10:21 am

Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD
Has anyone rented lately in South America, Argentina? I am wondering if one REALLY needs an international drivers license, I haven't used on it 10 years, for places like europe and asia. Not sure about south america though
Old Mar 17, 2008, 4:14 pm

....and one with the Citicorp Leisure Travel AWD (A074800). .... I like the Citicorp rate with LDW a lot better!
I just made a one day reservation in MIA with Avis using the Citicorp code. Came it at half of what was available at the general reservation sites (Expedia, Orbitz, etc) and $30 less than the Avis site itself for a one way rental from MIA to PBI. Thanks for posting.
Old Mar 18, 2008, 10:04 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
confused

Rob
Is A074800 C&D or citicorp? both of the above show the same AWD
Old Mar 19, 2008, 9:46 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Plat, NW Plat
Worked perfectly for me today, and saved over 40% on a week rental in Florida. I was astounded...

Thank you!!

Originally Posted by cmoore617
I used this code yesterday (A074800 ) to book a car rental for late March. The code worked and I have a confirmation with a great rate, however, I was doing some shopping today and the Avis web site said that the code was no longer valid. Do you think that I will have any problems when i go to pick up my car or beacuse I have the confirmation should I be okay?
Old Mar 19, 2008, 10:11 pm

Programs: QF Plat & LTG; A3*A Gold; Avianca LM; Velocity; IHG Platinum, Accor All
Not required in Brasil

Originally Posted by nmenaker
Has anyone rented lately in South America, Argentina? I am wondering if one REALLY needs an international drivers license, I haven't used on it 10 years, for places like europe and asia. Not sure about south america though

I rented cars last October in Brasil, and an international DL was not required. As with most parts of the world, your 'home' licence was valid for use for a certain period ~ as I recall 6 or 12 months. Cannot speak for ARG though.

tb
Old Mar 23, 2008, 4:45 pm

Busted?

This is a great thread.

Has anyone ever had any problems using an Avis code? For example, using a Costco code without a Costco membership, or using a Netjets code without a Netjet?
Old Mar 24, 2008, 12:03 am

Has anyone figured out what/where the P400000 AWD comes from? It's mentioned as a Tourism Association. Got the best rate w/ this code (picking up in MIA), but it doesn't look like anyone has figured it out. Just curious.
Old Mar 25, 2008, 11:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Currently in Bloomington, IN, but Normally NYC, CDG, and even POZ or wherever FT takes me.
Programs: Northwest Airlines. MTA pay-per-ride Metrocard; zero-balance Oyster card.
lhmpdx and Eric95403 welcome to FlyerTalk!

If you do a search (search box located on the top header of the page), you will find existing threads on most questions/topics.

FYI, I was hassled once at HNL by an agent with a very poor attitude who questioned my membership in some athletic association.

It happened once out of about 100 rentals with Avis.
Old Mar 25, 2008, 5:42 pm

Originally Posted by notsosmart
lhmpdx and Eric95403 welcome to FlyerTalk!

If you do a search (search box located on the top header of the page), you will find existing threads on most questions/topics.

FYI, I was hassled once at HNL by an agent with a very poor attitude who questioned my membership in some athletic association.

It happened once out of about 100 rentals with Avis.
Thanks for the reply, but I did a search and nobody either replied to the questions re: P400000 or they tossed out the "tourism association" tag. Since I booked a reservation w/ this code, just curious if anyone knew what it belonged too.
Old Mar 31, 2008, 2:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Do you mean the NetJet code K444404?

Originally Posted by gleff
Just remember that code comes with only 100 miles a day IIRC
I just checked it with a 7day rental at ZRH - it is the lowest rate by far, and said Unlimited Kilometers.

Anybody has experiences using NetJet code?
Old Apr 1, 2008, 6:24 am

Programs: Delta Sky Miles, Hilton Honors, Marriott Rewards, Southwest Rapid Rewards
Are there any good LDW codes out there? L093590 does not work.
Old Apr 2, 2008, 4:14 am
Original Poster

Thumbs up G417900

Originally Posted by hardman
Are there any good LDW codes out there? L093590 does not work.
It's been changed to G417900. Same company. No ID. Free LDW.

This link may be of some help. Click Here.

Last edited by bob1008; Apr 2, 2008 at 7:20 am
Old Apr 7, 2008, 12:07 pm

are you familiar with code b999000 it is slightly than l093590 but I do not know what company the code is associated with... to nervous to use

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.