Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Avis | Preferred and Budget | Fastbreak
Reload this Page >

Avis Discount Codes - Put AWD codes in this thread only

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 24, 2013, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TravelinSperry
As of 2/12/14: We've had quite a few "Hey, come use this AWD. It's great" type of posts. When the AWD doesn't give a good discount, but is only posted to try to get renters to use the AWD of someone so the poster can earn free days from their Avis Corporate account. From here out, please put the company/trade group/etc that's associated with the AWD or we'll delete the post to keep it on-topic here.

Status Match &/or Complimentary Status
(only public matches posted where Avis or entity post public links - certain corporations also offer upgrades - they are not listed since they are not public)

Status Match
  • (Not applicable to residents in the US and Canada) link here
President's Club (complimentary upgrade)
  • American Airlines 100k Loyalty Points level choice (link here)
  • United Club Infinite, Presidential Plus Business/Consumer, & Business Card primary Cardmembers (link here)
  • United MileagePlus members with Premier Platinum or status or higher (link here)
  • Aeroplan 75K and Super Elite Members as well as the Primary Cardholder of an Aeroplan premium credit card (link here)
  • Hawaiian Air Pualani Platinum members (link here)
  • Singapore Airlines Kris Flyer Solitaire PPS Club and PPS Club members (link here)
  • American Express Platinum card holders (outside USA) link here
  • Mastercard World Elite or Black cardholders (Europe, Turkey, & CIS) link here
  • Bank of America® Premium Rewards® Elite Visa Infinite (benefits link here)
  • Lincoln Black Label members (link here)
  • Inspirato members (link here)
  • THIRDHOME members (link here)
  • SouthernSun Black Status Members (South Africa) (link here)
  • DNB Mastercard Upgrade cardholders (Norway) (link here)
  • XO Access Members (link here)
Preferred Plus (complimentary upgrade)
  • American Airlines 60k Loyalty Points level choice (link here)
  • United MileagePlus Premier Silver and Premier Gold members (link here)
  • Aeroplan 25K, 35K and 50K Members and primary cardholders of an Aeroplan core credit card (link here)
  • Etihad Guest Gold Members (residing in Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Great Britain, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and Turkey) link here
  • Mastercard World Elite card holders (US based) link here
  • Visa Infinite card holders (US & Canada based) (link here)
  • American Express Platinum Cardholders (US Based) link here
  • CLEAR Plus members (link here)
  • Founders Card Members (link provided after joining)
Print Wikipost

Avis Discount Codes - Put AWD codes in this thread only

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2016, 12:49 am

One month rental in Toronto, Canada?

Anyone have any codes/advice on how to get the best deal for a one month rental in Toronto (roughly Dec6-Jan5)? Best I've gotten so far is $864 with B270898 (Costco). Can anyone beat that?

Thanks!
Old Dec 4, 2016, 1:18 am

B270898 is not Costco
Old Dec 4, 2016, 6:38 am

Programs: not anymore! I'm FREE!
Originally Posted by papyPiHi
Data point: Used E888804 on one of my previous rentals, worked like a charm!
FYI, it is for Hon circle but shows as "weekend special" on most of the GDS
This got me about $30 off a 1 week prepaid rental in Europe - the biggest discount I was able to get after trying multiple codes. I gave the quote to a well-known car rental broker that promises to beat all competitors' prices, and they gladly gave me this price for the exact same Avis rental, plus a few additional dollars off. The nice thing is that Avis charges a $50 fee for prepaid rental cancellations (at least in this particular country; not sure about elsewhere in Europe or the world), whereas the broker charges no cancellation fee.
Old Dec 6, 2016, 9:37 am

Originally Posted by intl_flyer_2011
Can anybody comment on code U915590? Is this a public access code? I found it on slickdeals but haven't really seen anyone commenting on it.

So far I have gotten my best rates through use of this code coupled with a Costco car upgrade discount code.

Pickup - ABF (Naples Airport)
4/9 at 3:30pm

Dropoff - RSW (Southwest Intl)
4/17 at 5:00 am

Best rate I have gotten all in is $311.

Any assistance would be appreciated, especially if folks see better rates. Thanks!
bump on this code .. U915590 .. anyone know if its safe to use? Gave best rates for FLL end of December. I had option to prepay but just ended up reserving instead of doing the Prepay.
Old Dec 10, 2016, 1:14 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by iridium
bump on this code .. U915590 .. anyone know if its safe to use? Gave best rates for FLL end of December. I had option to prepay but just ended up reserving instead of doing the Prepay.
What rates were you finding? I have one my travel agent uses that hasn't been posted here, just want to see if it's comparable
Old Dec 10, 2016, 3:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Has anyone used the Bombardier code for a one-way rental and got charged for mileage? Took me off guard.
Old Dec 12, 2016, 12:28 pm

I actually saw that there was a mileage charge when I was trying to use the Bombardier code for a one way out of JFK so didnt use the code. However if you are trying to use the Bombardier code for a one way rental from a non airport location then there wont be any mileage charge.

Check the mileage field before finalizing your rental. If its blank then there will most likely be a mileage charge. I presume for Bombardier its 0.27 per mile. I specifically watch for 'Unlimited' against that field in the rental booking form.
Old Dec 15, 2016, 7:55 am

When I try to use a new AWD code, I get this error: The rate code you entered requires an Avis World Wide Discount (AWD) number. Please go back and enter your AWD number or remove the rate code you entered.

How do I resolve this so I can just walk to my car & drive away?
Old Dec 15, 2016, 9:04 am

Originally Posted by ostevenson
When I try to use a new AWD code, I get this error: The rate code you entered requires an Avis World Wide Discount (AWD) number. Please go back and enter your AWD number or remove the rate code you entered.

How do I resolve this so I can just walk to my car & drive away?
I saw this yesterday and along with a couple of other things, I attribute it to bugs in the new website.

The Avis Canada (www.avis.ca) site was still on the older version and allowed me to successfully make a reservation with my AWD.

Last edited by sapman986; Dec 15, 2016 at 9:04 am Reason: Added URL
Old Dec 15, 2016, 9:42 am

Originally Posted by sapman986
I saw this yesterday and along with a couple of other things, I attribute it to bugs in the new website.

The Avis Canada (www.avis.ca) site was still on the older version and allowed me to successfully make a reservation with my AWD.
I used the mobile app & it worked. Thanks.
Old Dec 16, 2016, 9:48 am

Programs: UA 1MM Premier 1K, Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium/ LT

If you are on a site that gives you that message, you have to go into your account and add the AWD to your profile, and it will then let you make the reservation based on that AWDs rates. Looks like an attempt to bar use of the AWDs by people not qualified. I call later and add my personal AWD to the rez to get credit on my personal account rather than my biz account.
Old Dec 16, 2016, 10:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Thanks for the tip on avis.ca. Worked like a charm.

Can't believe the rate I got for a 2 day YUL rental with A972200.
Base rate of CAD$13/day and unlimited miles, 2 day total with taxes/fee of CAD$55.
And as PC, I always get upgraded.
Probably not a lot of demand for Montreal in January.
Old Dec 16, 2016, 5:53 pm

Hi, I do not have any AWD affiliation and would like to do a one way rental for 2 weeks on USA. I am coming from New Zealand and do not know if any of the previously mentioned codes would be ok for me to use. Would anyone be able to suggest any, much appreciated!!
Old Dec 17, 2016, 7:57 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, DL Plat, UA Silver
Has anyone found an discount code better than Costco?

I have yet to find one that beats it. The other discount codes post higher %s but even costco saying 20-35% is always better IME.
Old Dec 19, 2016, 12:15 pm

Originally Posted by steve33
What rates were you finding? I have one my travel agent uses that hasn't been posted here, just want to see if it's comparable
The rate i found was $300 for 4 days.

When i check my reservation now, it shows full price without the awd code at $650.

What to do now? Should i call and confirm and ask about the the change in price if they tell me different from my email confirmation.

No more mini vans available around fll for the dates i am looking for.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.