Search

C/LDW coverage for BMW X5 via Aerogold CC

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2018, 9:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AE, SPG, HH
C/LDW coverage for BMW X5 via Aerogold CC

Hi folks,

I'm trying to figure out if the BMW X5 will have C/LDW coverage if I reserve it with my credit card or not. I had a reservation but cancelled it as I started to wonder about this. Going through the coverage on the card, it lists exotic vehicles (Aston Martins, Lambos, etc.) but then goes to say the list isn't comprehensive.

Avis seems to classify the X5 as a luxury SUV however the CC Agreement doesn't mention anything luxury. I'm not looking to get away on a technicality but I'd rather not go with the $50/day insurance coverage that AVIS offers, particularly as I have a fairly lengthy rental.

Any thoughts? Thanks
Old Aug 5, 2018, 10:28 pm
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

You would need to contact your credit card company to get a definitive answer. Even if someone here gave their opinion on whether you'd be covered, you probably should get it straight from the source, otherwise you could either a) be wasting a lot of money, or b) on the hook for paying to replace a $60K+ vehicles. Either way, not optimal. Don't guess. Just call the number on the back of your card and ask for something in writing from them.
Old Aug 7, 2018, 9:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: AE, SPG, HH
Thanks for the reply. I didn't realize there was a cap depending on the card used to book - then again it's the first time I've rented a vehicle with a high price tag. I was able to use my Aeroplan IP card to get $85k or less, which the X5 falls under. Other cards I had were just up to $65k. Only thing I wish I could do would be to get the value on paper from the rental agency as right now, it's my word against theirs. Thanks again, AS!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.