Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Amazon “Benefits” include paying 2x-3x???

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2018, 4:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Southwest A-List; Alaska MVPG; Hilton Diamond; Avis PreferredPlus; Marriott Bonvoy Platinum Elite
Amazon “Benefits” include paying 2x-3x???

Has anyone seen the “Amazon Benefits” banner on login? They claim that you get 30% off base rates (whatever that means), and a 10% Amazon gift card after you complete the rental.

The T&C seem to indicate that you can use coupons, but the website just hung when I added a coupon code.

But perhaps more sinister, the rate I was quoted when I had the Amazon “Benefits” active was nearly 3x the cost when I used whatever AWD is typically active in my account.

Has anyone had any experience with this? Did I just hit a website fluke?
Old Jul 18, 2018, 4:58 pm
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

https://www.avis.com/en/offers/partners/amazon-benefits

Point of clarification -- It's up to 30% off not a guaranteed 30% off. I'm sure there are plenty of better AWDs out there. Then again, for someone expensing their rental, it's a nice back door to some personal rewards but probably not a great deal if you're paying out of your own pocket.
Old Jul 19, 2018, 1:53 pm

Programs: AA, WN, UA, Bonvoy, Hertz
Looks like 20% back if you use the Alexa Skill (not avis.com). However, doesn't appear you can do a specific AWD, and the app doesn't get good reviews.

Amazon Amazon

Rasheed
Old Jul 20, 2018, 4:06 pm

Programs: Alaska LTG, HHonors-Gld, IHG-Dia, LT MR Ti
Originally Posted by AutoSlash

Point of clarification -- It's up to 30% off not a guaranteed 30% off. I'm sure there are plenty of better AWDs out there. Then again, for someone expensing their rental, it's a nice back door to some personal rewards but probably not a great deal if you're paying out of your own pocket.
What about those who use a corporate AWD with DW? Does this mean we either we use promo AWD to get Amazon credit? Or use corporate AWD that includes damage waiver?

Last edited by BarryL; Jul 20, 2018 at 5:49 pm
Old Jul 20, 2018, 7:46 pm
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Right—it’s either/or. You have to use the Amazon AWD so no way to apply your Corp AWD with LDW. Unfortunately you can’t have your cake and eat it too in this case.
Old Jul 24, 2018, 11:37 pm

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
Originally Posted by AutoSlash

Good point that since it's a post-trip rebate, employers wouldn't know. I have to use our corp AWD when booking but that isn't the case for folks like my brother.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.