Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Avis iPhone App charging wrong price for rental

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2018, 1:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: M&M (LX/LH) Silver, Marriott Platinum, Accor Silver, AF/KL Silver, Swiss Railway
Avis iPhone App charging wrong price for rental

I am an Avis preferred customer and whenever I try to book a car, the app works correctly and quotes me an accurate price.
However, when I go the the payment page, the price changes and I am told that I will be charged a completely new price.
Example: Rental charge: 80 CHF, then the amount to be charged to the credit card is listed as 152 CHF, even though the 80 CHF is listed as the price.

I called Avis and was told that the total charge to the credit card for the rental should be 80 CHF, and that the App is broken.
I completed the reservation on the telephone.

Last edited by Gigantor; May 22, 2018 at 2:24 am
Old May 29, 2018, 11:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Probably not a glitch at all. The rate you see in the search results is the base price. Surcharges and taxes are added right before you complete the booking.
Old May 29, 2018, 11:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: M&M (LX/LH) Silver, Marriott Platinum, Accor Silver, AF/KL Silver, Swiss Railway
Originally Posted by javabytes
Probably not a glitch at all. The rate you see in the search results is the base price. Surcharges and taxes are added right before you complete the booking.
Not correct. I completed the booking by telephone and the 80 CHF was all that was charged. The 152 CHF was not correct.
Old May 30, 2018, 10:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by Gigantor
Not correct. I completed the booking by telephone and the 80 CHF was all that was charged. The 152 CHF was not correct.
Wait and see...
Old May 31, 2018, 12:02 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by javabytes
Wait and see...
As it was a prepay for the rental, only 80 CHF showed up as a credit card charge, i.e. 80 CHF charged to my AmEx.
Old Jun 7, 2018, 7:56 am

Programs: too many
Same on Android, though even for pay later bookings, the price charged is the price booked.
Example: car rental booked for 120€, 148€ shown on the app, contract states 120€
Old Jun 8, 2018, 12:57 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ng1265
Same on Android, though even for pay later bookings, the price charged is the price booked.
Example: car rental booked for 120€, 148€ shown on the app, contract states 120€
Thank you for the confirmation of the error,
javabytes will still not believe that there is a Problem with the app.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.