Wiki Posts
Search

2018: List your upgrades

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2018, 8:02 pm

Branch: Hoboken
Booked: Intermediate
Assigned: Nissan Rogue
Received: Nissan Rogue (This branch only had 15 lots - there were a total of 4 cars, maybe? - and a rather disgruntled manager barking at people on the phone most of the time. Don't expect anything fancy, won't be renting from here again)
Old Jul 30, 2018, 1:05 am

Branch: Copenhagen Airport
Booked: Economy Group B (example Vauxhall Corsa)
Received:: Nissan QashQai - fully loaded with the stupid glass roof which makes the car even hotter than usual! Worth noting that my flight was heavily delayed to Copenhagen so we landed past midnight (the station officially closes at 11.30pm) but make sure you give them your flight number and they will stay open. None of the other car rental companies were open...
Old Aug 1, 2018, 7:12 pm

Programs: National Exec, Hertz PC, Avis PC, Sixt Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Wyndham Diamond, TR Diamond
Class Booked: E Fullsize
Car/Class Assigned: none
Car/Class Received: Asked for an upgrade given GMC Terrain, had a flat exchanged (downgraded) for a Jeep Compass.

Small location, not a lot of flexibility I get it but underwhelming to say the least.
Old Aug 15, 2018, 10:11 am

Programs: Southwest A-List Preferred, Delta Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold Elite, Avis PP
Class Booked: Fullsize
Car/Class Assigned: none
Car/Class Received: Got on the app, had a choice between a Ford Flex or a Cadillac XT5. Took the XT5. Basically loaded with everything (nav, full sunroof, leather). Very pleased with it so far.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 7:13 am

Class Booked: 'B' medium (VW Golf listed)
Car Assigned: Porsche 911 Carrera 4

As you can imagine I was quite surprised. Seemed to be the holiday rush on in Munich and they were having trouble getting the cars back to their lot in time (if you've ever rented from MUC you'll know what mean). I was travelling alone with only hand luggage so they opted to give me the 'small' car available and hold the large SUVs for others needing them.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 7:32 am

Programs: Delta, Hyatt, Wyndham, National
Originally Posted by mccartje
Class Booked: 'B' medium (VW Golf listed)
Car Assigned: Porsche 911 Carrera 4

As you can imagine I was quite surprised. Seemed to be the holiday rush on in Munich and they were having trouble getting the cars back to their lot in time (if you've ever rented from MUC you'll know what mean). I was travelling alone with only hand luggage so they opted to give me the 'small' car available and hold the large SUVs for others needing them.
That is an insane upgrade. Almost too good to be true. I flew into Frankfurt during IAA (the german car show) which means almost no availability. I had booked 'E' as a Presidents Club and only received a VW Tiguan. It was disappointing
Old Aug 22, 2018, 7:39 am

Originally Posted by larsbutzmann
That is an insane upgrade. Almost too good to be true. I flew into Frankfurt during IAA (the german car show) which means almost no availability. I had booked 'E' as a Presidents Club and only received a VW Tiguan. It was disappointing
Indeed, I couldn't believe it. Added to that I had a drive down the autobahn to Austria (past Salzberg) and then up around the low alps for 4 days. I made very good use of it! One strange thing was when I dropped it back the agent remarked that I had driven a lot in 4 days nearly 3000 kilometres! Told him that is ridiculous, and maximum maybe 1000 but pretty sure it wasn't even that. They must of marked the mileage wrong at the last rental, not that he cared how much I drove it he just remarked.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 7:01 am

Programs: MileagePlus Gold, Avis PP, National EE, Lifemiles Silver, ConnectMiles Gold
QQ, do the free upgrade coupons still work from Full Size -> Premium or was it Luxury? I haven't rented from Avis in ages after I moved to the UK and was forced by my company to use Sixt. I have 6 upcoming rentals where I put in the free upgrade code. +
Old Aug 25, 2018, 11:44 am

Programs: Avis President’s Club
Branch: Dublin Airport (DUB)
Booked: Group B (Opel Astra or similar)
Assigned: Nissan Qashqai
Received: Peugeot 3008 (Group E)
Old Sep 6, 2018, 10:39 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Branch: Keflavik Airport (KEF)
Booked: Compact (Hyundi I30 or Similar)
Assigned: None
Received: Skoda Octavia
Old Sep 7, 2018, 7:45 am

Programs: AC, UA, GE, NEXUS, Avis Preferred Plus, SPG Gold/Marriott Gold Elite
August 31st, 2018

Booked E Class - Pick up YYZ - Upgraded to a F Class Volkswagen Tiguan (<5000KM)

September 2nd, 2018

Booked C Class - Pick up YOW - Upgraded to a E Class Volkswagen Passat (<8000KM)
Old Sep 17, 2018, 4:13 pm

Class Booked: Standard SUV
Car/Class Assigned: Nissan Pathfinder
Car/Class Received: Ford Explorer Limited (Standard Elite SUV). They wouldn’t give me any more than a one class upgrade. Limited enough selection in MCO at the time. They had 3 identical red Explorers on New York plates so took one of them. Fully loaded with leather, double sunroof, adaptive cruise control, Apple CarPlay. Added Sirius in the app for around $20 extra for a 3 week rental.
Old Sep 17, 2018, 6:22 pm

Programs: National Exec, Hertz PC, Avis PC, Sixt Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Wyndham Diamond, TR Diamond
Originally Posted by Pedro32561
Class Booked: Standard SUV
Car/Class Assigned: Nissan Pathfinder
Car/Class Received: Ford Explorer Limited (Standard Elite SUV). They wouldn’t give me any more than a one class upgrade. Limited enough selection in MCO at the time. They had 3 identical red Explorers on New York plates so took one of them. Fully loaded with leather, double sunroof, adaptive cruise control, Apple CarPlay. Added Sirius in the app for around $20 extra for a 3 week rental.
Thanks for posting. Did you swap to the explorer through the app or did you talk to the booth?
Old Sep 17, 2018, 8:09 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Branch: RDU Airport
Booked: Standard
Assigned: Ford F-150
Received: Toyota Avalon

This was a one-way rental to TYS which may be why they tried to foist the F-150 on to me. When I first went to an agent to swap out the car I was offered my choice of SUVs. But I had a long drive and wanted a sedan. The Avalon was fine minus the 31,000 miles on the clock.
Old Sep 17, 2018, 10:12 pm

Originally Posted by xfire22

Thanks for posting. Did you swap to the explorer through the app or did you talk to the booth?
I checked the app but the options weren’t good - mostly paid upgrades. I talked to the booth to get the Explorer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.