Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2018, 11:28 am

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Spire, National ExecElite
The AVIS fanboys make no sense here. Follow this simple sequence:
1) reserve a car, defined dates, location and class
2) take note of the price
3) wait for the confirmation email
4) click on "modify or cancel"
5) don't change anything, simply take note of the new price.

This is not dynamic pricing, but just a way to extort money from their customers, hoping that people don't notice.
Now it is true that AVIS can conduct its business in anyway it wants, still as a consumer I can raise a stink and vote with my feet.
Old Aug 13, 2018, 5:34 pm
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

Originally Posted by svik
The AVIS fanboys make no sense here. Follow this simple sequence:
1) reserve a car, defined dates, location and class
2) take note of the price
3) wait for the confirmation email
4) click on "modify or cancel"
5) don't change anything, simply take note of the new price.

This is not dynamic pricing, but just a way to extort money from their customers, hoping that people don't notice.
Now it is true that AVIS can conduct its business in anyway it wants, still as a consumer I can raise a stink and vote with my feet.
Example?

My guess is that they have simple economics 101 pricing: the more reservations/less cars available, pricing goes up. Simple supply/demand. However, when you try to change a reservation, it looks at cars available, not accounting foe the fact you already have 1 booked. That happens if I have a car booked M-F, and then the location sells out. If I try to change it to M-W, it says sold out because they're not taking new reservations.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.