Community
Wiki Posts
Search

President's Club Member in Grand Cayman

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2017, 10:42 am
Original Poster

President's Club Member in Grand Cayman

I'm a President's Club member based in the US which I attained through my membership in Inspirato.

I have an upcoming trip planned to Grand Cayman in September, the slow season for the island. I rarely have the need to rent a car and this will be my first through Avis.

My question is regarding an upgrade. It's my understanding that the PC status does not carry over to Grand Cayman from the US. I currently have reserved an 'Intermediate' level car, which is the minimum level needed in order to be eligible for a two-car class upgrade. The car, a Suzuki SX4 or similar, will be too small to fit us (myself, wife, and toddler) along with our luggage (including golf clubs).

Do you think I would be given a complementary upgrade to a larger vehicle?

Any input/feedback is appreciated!

Thanks,
dr
Old Jul 27, 2017, 4:30 pm

Programs: UA: Plat, Marriott: Annual Ambassador, Lifetime Grandfather
I'm new to Avis, but a long-time Hertz member. President's Club at Hertz the past 2 years (and switching to Avis to see what temperature the water is over here.)

I'm confused by your use of "President's Club" in the Avis forum...

-mvitale
Old Jul 28, 2017, 1:55 am

Programs: KE MC Premium, BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, AZ FA+, Melia Gold
Avis in Europe also uses the term President's Club.
Old Jul 28, 2017, 5:35 am

Programs: UA: Plat, Marriott: Annual Ambassador, Lifetime Grandfather
Originally Posted by noubliepas
Avis in Europe also uses the term President's Club.
Wow. Ya really do learn something new every day. Thanks for the information.
Old Jul 30, 2017, 12:56 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mvitale
I'm confused by your use of "President's Club" in the Avis forum...
Avis President's Club is invitation only and appears to be a step above Preferred Plus and step down from Chairman's Club. Avis does not publish the benefits on their site so it's a bit confusing. A quick search yields this.

But back to the original question - do you think this status will provide an upgrade when picking up my car in Grand Cayman?

Thanks,
dr
Old Jul 31, 2017, 2:35 pm

Programs: KE MC Premium, BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, AZ FA+, Melia Gold
Originally Posted by denrusso
Avis President's Club is invitation only and appears to be a step above Preferred Plus and step down from Chairman's Club. Avis does not publish the benefits on their site so it's a bit confusing. A quick search yields this.

But back to the original question - do you think this status will provide an upgrade when picking up my car in Grand Cayman?

Thanks,
dr
Just to clarify here, President's Club isn't invitation only in Europe. It's earned through number of rentals/spend.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.