Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Avis | Preferred and Budget | Fastbreak
Reload this Page >

Going to be renting a car 5 days a week for the next year. Advice?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2017, 9:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM

Just got on a new project in Fort Myers, FL. I will be renting a car 5 days a week for the next year. I'm already Avis Preferred and I get a fantastic Intermediate car rate through corporate codes. I do want something better than a Camry or Corolla. Thoughts?
Old Mar 27, 2017, 4:25 pm

Programs: I want to be free! Free!
I'd call the location and negotiate directly -- just come prepared with your budget and what you want. You can shop it to a few places if Avis isn't helpful.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 10:40 am

I would agree with the above. Also dont expect that preferred or preferred plus will really get you upgrades or nicer cars. Your best bet is communicating directly with staff at the location and letting them know what you prefer. They should then be able to tell you whether or not they can meet your expectations.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 10:52 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by greycap7
Just got on a new project in Fort Myers, FL. I will be renting a car 5 days a week for the next year. I'm already Avis Preferred and I get a fantastic Intermediate car rate through corporate codes. I do want something better than a Camry or Corolla. Thoughts?
In years past, an Avis Chairman's membership (details: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/avis...an-s-club.html) has been offered for $1,115 as one of the USA Daily Getaways in April. Fifty 5-day rentals might be the kind of thing that makes such a membership worthwhile.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.