Wiki Posts
Search

Avis Tampa Airport

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2016, 5:16 am
Original Poster

Avis Tampa Airport

Hi all

We have a reservation for here in August next year. We have never rented from Tampa before, in fact this is our first time at this airport.

How is it overall and how are their vehicles?

We have a 7 seater minivan reserved.

Are Avis going to be having the Chrysler Pacifica? Looks nice.

Thanks
Old Sep 25, 2016, 6:10 am
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

TPA is a typical larger airport so theyou have a wide range of vehicles. No Pacificas in the fleet as far as I've seen. As of now, the onlyoung vans are the older Town & Country or the Kia Sedona. Sedona are very common areas Avis anymore and they are very basic
Old Sep 26, 2016, 8:00 am

Programs: DL Diamond , Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold, Avis Preferred Plus
There have been a good number of Dodge Caravans floating around here lately at TPA and SRQ. Many of which are the RT trim level.
Old Sep 30, 2016, 3:06 pm

Programs: DL Gold; Bonvoy Gold; HHonors Diamond; Avis Preferred, Hertz PC
TPA is pretty easy. Compact airport and a fairly short walk across a roadway to the car. Most difficult thing is getting from the airport to wherever you are going as there is road work going on. Perhaps it will be finished by the time you arrive.
Old Oct 1, 2016, 8:51 am
Original Poster

Thanks all.

I guess there is some time to go until this trip so will check nearer the time. To be fair would be happy with an RT Grand Caravan thiugb
Old Nov 3, 2016, 2:47 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Starwood PLT
I rent at TPA every other week and it's a real pleasure to rent from Avis there because it's so close to the terminal. No shuttle, just walk across the street.

One thing to look out for is that there are two Avis desks across the street from the airport, one on the south and one on the north side of the airport. Look for the blue and red signs based on which airline you're coming in on and make sure you're going to the correct side of the airport, otherwise it's a bit of a hassle to get the correct car.

I go to blue (American Airlines) because it's directly across the street; the red side is up on the third or fourth floor of the parking garage and not as easy to get to.

Red side arrival airlines: Air Tran, Air Canada, America West, British Airways, Cayman Airways, Charter flights, Continental, Frontier, Independence Air, Midwest, Spirit, Southwest, Ted, United and West Jet.

Blue side arrival airlines: American, Delta Jet Blue, Northwest/KLM and US Airways.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.