Getting rid of the underage fee?

Old Jun 15, 2003, 11:48 pm
CS
Original Poster

Programs: Southwest A+ Preferred, National Executive Elite, Hertz Five Star
Getting rid of the underage fee?

Hi, new poster, great community.

I'm a young renter, and I was wondering, what's the quickest way to get rid of the underage fee when renting cars? Join a travel club?

If so, how can I do that, and what are the requirements? I am a member of AAdvantage program, but that's it.

I'd really like to get rid of that fee. I only rent cars for short periods of time, but that fee will kill you.

Thanks.
Old Jun 16, 2003, 4:32 pm

There has been a lot of discussion about underage fees in the past. Do a search and you will get a lot of info. The short answer is unless your AWD waives it, you will usually be subject to an underage fee. Adding to the confusion, the "underage" bar is set lower in some places than others, so YMMV. There was a poster who was blatently flogging an AWD a while back that he claimed eliminated underage fees... try looking for that.
Old Jul 17, 2003, 3:31 am

Awd: K250544 will allow you to rent underage without a fee, Ages: 18 in the USA, and 21 in europe, -

[This message has been edited by UpgradesMan (edited 07-17-2003).]
Old Jul 17, 2003, 2:38 pm
CS
Original Poster

Programs: Southwest A+ Preferred, National Executive Elite, Hertz Five Star
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by UpgradesMan:
Awd: K250544 will allow you to rent underage without a fee, Ages: 18 in the USA, and 21 in europe, -

[This message has been edited by UpgradesMan (edited 07-17-2003).]
</font>
Upgrades Man, have you actually tried this code?

I plugged it in at the Avis.com site, but it doesn't mention the fee. Is insurance included as well?

Thanks.

------------------
Old Jul 18, 2003, 12:57 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by CS:
Upgrades Man, have you actually tried this code?

I plugged it in at the Avis.com site, but it doesn't mention the fee. Is insurance included as well?

Thanks.

</font>
Yes i and my co workers who are underage use it when we travel, & it takes away any underage fee, Insurance is included if Country of Residence chosen is: United Kingdom, im not sure about other country of residence
you can try and it will show in the reservation if it is included or not..

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.