Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Avis | Preferred and Budget | Fastbreak
Reload this Page >

Shenandoah Valley Regional Airport (SHD) Late Arrival

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2015, 8:38 am
Original Poster

Hi all,

I am planning to arrive at SHD on a flight from IAD arriving at 11pm. The Avis office at the airport closes at 7pm. From experience in smaller airports do they usually wait for all flights of the day to arrive or do they close the office at the advertised time? I called at the Avis office in SHD and they said they close at 7pm.

Anyone have any different experience at small regional airports?

Thanks,
Old Aug 28, 2015, 11:57 pm

Programs: DL GM 1MM, MR LT Titanium
I've dealt with this at some small airports and they close when they say they're going to close. The only exception has been at SCE where my flight was supposed to get in at 11 with Avis closing at (I think) 11:30; the flight got delayed until 1 AM, but the Avis stayed open until our flight got in. But that's not the norm.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.