Wiki Posts
Search

Any tip on renting in Quebec City?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2015, 9:45 pm
Original Poster

Any tip on renting in Quebec City?

Hi,
my dad and my sis will be going to Quebec City.
They'll be renting a car when they leave to go to Mont Tremblant and drop it off at YUL.

They'll be staying in Hilton Quebec, but unfortunately, AVIS in that location doesn't allow one-way rental.

So I have other options that are fairly far.

1) Does anyone know another AVIS location, preferably friendly one, that is easy to get to from Hilton Quebec?

2) I'm planning to put CDW/LDW on Chase Sapphire Preferred card of my father, and ignore PEI and PAI since they'll have travel insurance. One thing that I'm not so sure is Liability. I read online that Quebec only has $50,000 Liability cover, which I think it's not enough. So I'm planning to buy the ALI, but for whatever reason, AVIS.com doesn't quote its price. Does anyone know approximately how much it was daily? I'll check on with GEICO if they provide liability coverage for rental car in Canada tomorrow, but I'd rather buy the ALI if the price is reasonable.

3) We don't rent often, so I'd appreciate if experts could give me advices on my plan and other tips!

Thank you!
Old Jul 29, 2015, 9:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry: BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.1030 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

Where are the other Quebec City Avis locations per avis.com?
Old Jul 30, 2015, 2:13 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by guv1976
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry: BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.1030 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

Where are the other Quebec City Avis locations per avis.com?
I see
Sillery QC, 1284 Boulevard Laurier, Sillery,
Boul Hamel QC, 1110 Boulevard Wilfrid Hamel,
Sainte Foy Hotel Clarion, 3125 Boulevard Hochelaga
Hamel Off Apo, 7115 Boulevard Wilfrid Hamel
YQB

The funny thing is only the Hilton Quebec locations are "Sold out" when I choose one way option. All other 5 locations are fine.
Old Jul 30, 2015, 2:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I think that the Sillery location is probably the closest to your hotel. You might even be able to get there via local bus if a taxi would be too costly.
Old Jul 30, 2015, 3:35 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by guv1976

I think that the Sillery location is probably the closest to your hotel. You might even be able to get there via local bus if a taxi would be too costly.
Thanks for the help.
My father and my sister won't be particularly on "budget." It's just my father is a frugal guy, so I'm trying to plan out the best way to minimize the cost.

Do you know how accurate this website http://www.taxifarefinder.com is for Quebec City? If it's accurate, it might help me plan out the route a little better.
Old Jul 30, 2015, 3:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I would get the distance from Mapquest (or similar) and then calculate the fare using the current Q.C. taxi rates:

http://www.telegraphe.com/transports/indexen.html

If car-rental rates are cheaper out at the airport, there are one or two early-morning weekday buses from downtown to YQB. I believe the bus fare is $3.25 CAD (about $2.50 USD at current exchange rates). But if they'll have a lot of luggage, the bus won't work.
Old Jul 30, 2015, 4:19 pm
Original Poster

Thanks a lot! I'll look into these. Thanks a bunch again.
Old Jul 30, 2015, 10:27 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by parioneti
Thanks a lot! I'll look into these. Thanks a bunch again.
Well, I just decided to rent from the airport from Day 1. I found out the price is same for 3 and 5 days. Well parking in Hilton Quebec could be costly but considering I do have to pay for Taxis if I didn't have the car, it's actually a better deal.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.