Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Will Avis match status?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2012, 7:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, UA-Premier Silver, AA EXP, Hilton Gold, SPG Plat.
Will Avis match status?

I am currently a Hertz Five Star and very unhappy with Hertz. Would Avis match my status, and is it worth it? Thanks!
Old Dec 9, 2012, 9:11 am
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

I'm not familiar with Avis status-matching, but it's worth asking. I'm not sure what they would upgrade you to, though.. maybe First. I'll let you search around and see. From previous posts here, I don't see them ever status-matching to Chairman's or President's Club.
Old Dec 9, 2012, 12:25 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by orli-flier
I am currently a Hertz Five Star and very unhappy with Hertz. Would Avis match my status, and is it worth it? Thanks!
Did you try doing a search?
"status match" = several relevant threads, including this one http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/avis/...tus-match.html
Old Dec 9, 2012, 6:57 pm

I can't believe National only matches Avis CC to Executive Elite. CC gets lumped together with PC.

OTOH, I've heard that National only has 31 Executive VIPs nationwide, so presumably they don't want to dilute that segment.
Old Dec 18, 2012, 8:32 am

Programs: Hertz Presidents Circle, Avis Presidents Club,National EE, Hilton honors Gold,hyatt Plat,MP Silver
Thumbs up

the thread above was started by me, i used the avis rep for the company i was with @ the time..got moved from first to PC, honestly haven't used it yet had i had quite a few free days i had to use with National and now i'm in Afghanistan but when i fly into IAD in a few weeks i'm going to test out the PC
Old Dec 27, 2012, 4:29 pm

Programs: BA GGL IHG PlatAMB HH Dia
I've matched my Hertz 5* to Preferred First after a few mails. They want to see that I've made the needed yearly turnover for the status.
Old Dec 31, 2012, 7:04 am

Programs: PC Plat, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold,HHonors Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite
I got a status match only because my company changed contracts from National to Avis.
Old Feb 22, 2013, 9:05 am

Programs: *A Gold, HH dia,Hyatt plat,Sixt PLAT,QF , EY Gold
What's the email address to request the status match ?
Old Feb 22, 2013, 9:38 am
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

Originally Posted by Shanye2233
What's the email address to request the status match ?
I don't think there's ever been a "public" one discussed/mentioned. The options would be:
1. If you're a corporate traveler, ask your corp travel manager for the right contact at Avis for your company
2. Go the standard "contact us" link at Avis.

Good luck!
Old Feb 22, 2013, 2:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
I emailed them recently asking about status match. Unless you get something out of a corporate contract, Avis does not do status matches at this time.

-J.
Old Feb 23, 2013, 9:47 am

Programs: *A Gold, HH dia,Hyatt plat,Sixt PLAT,QF , EY Gold
Originally Posted by denkigroove
I've matched my Hertz 5* to Preferred First after a few mails. They want to see that I've made the needed yearly turnover for the status.

This quote seems to be proof it's possible .
Old Aug 20, 2013, 6:43 pm

Programs: UA GOLD MM,WN CP A+list, HH Gold,MR LT Titanium
Originally Posted by jzweighaft
I emailed them recently asking about status match. Unless you get something out of a corporate contract, Avis does not do status matches at this time.

-J.
I was recently given the same information- it must be part of the corporate contract or they will not match.
Old Mar 26, 2014, 10:27 am

avis will never, but I just matched from avis to Hertz, and I'm much happier.
The only problem I noticed with Hertz, is they consistently miss crediting rentals
Old Nov 7, 2014, 10:52 pm

Programs: AA Exp; 1 MM
Challenges?

Originally Posted by zipo
avis will never, but I just matched from avis to Hertz, and I'm much happier.
The only problem I noticed with Hertz, is they consistently miss crediting rentals
I've been with Hertz since 2000, and been quite happy. The service at some locations has dropped a lot - esp. the Local Edition.

But I have never experienced missed rental/credits. In fact I don't even take a receipt from them when returning anymore, because of their electronic system. Strange that you are seeing missed credits.

I too need to do a status match now with Avis because of Corporate reasons. Hope I will get something decent for President's Circle. Will they do a challenge like the airlines do?
Old Dec 20, 2015, 8:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Hate to bump an old thread but it certainly looks like they do it now: https://statusmatch.avisservices.com/StatusMatch

Has anyone done this recently? How long does it really take? I have a rental on Friday and I know it's a stretch but I'm curious if anyone has had it done in under a week. I am matching from Hertz PC.

-J.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.