Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Avis | Preferred and Budget | Fastbreak
Reload this Page >

No "Cool Car"/Specialty option when I'm booking far in advance

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2012, 7:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aer Lingus

Hi There,

If someone could anyone shed any light on this I'd be grateful.

When I go to book a car from Avis MCO next week, some cars in the "Cool Car"/Specialty class come back - Mustang, Navigator, Challenger etc... but when I go to make a booking in May, these classes aren't returned in the search. Surely they're not sold out in May already?

Thanks in advance
Old Oct 4, 2012, 7:33 am
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

They might only have a few of the specific cool cars and they won't know this far in advance if they will have that specific car at that point.. what if someone takes it 1-way, gets in an accident, the car gets near it's allowed mileage under their lease agreement, etc.

I'm not surprised they don't list their cool cars far in the future as it's just too risky.
Old Oct 4, 2012, 8:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aer Lingus
Ok, thanks for the info.
Old Oct 11, 2012, 12:51 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Priority Club, National Exec Elite, Hertz #1 Gold, Avis First, Thrifty Bluechip
I recall it being discussed on the Hertz forum a while ago that their "Collection" cars (same as Avis "Cool Cars") get released to the system for booking only for the next calendar month. So on March 1 you can make bookings for whatever's available up to a start date of April 30. I'm guessing Avis follows a similar regime due to inventory control as IAH suggested.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.