X CEED
STONIC
CEED

MAZDA

MAZDA 2
MAZDA 3
MAZDA CX30

CX-3

Correct AFAIK as of December 2022 (from Dec 16, 2022 12:42 pm, posted by EdinburghTraveller).
Print Wikipost

Fleet List (UK)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2011, 5:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by jamesbrownontheroad
but since then has decided to close for the entire of Christmas/New Year. So a trek out to Glasgow Airport
similar problem in London where most if not all of the branches seem to have been closed as well so had to trek out to LHR.

Needed a little more space this time for both passengers and luggage so booked a group C (Astra) in hope for the double upgrade to something like a 3008, but as they were so low on fleet (never seen car park so empty) I ended up with a 7 seater Auto 5008 which if I would have actually booked would have cost around Ł80 a day while I don't think I'm even paying Ł20 a day... ^
Old Dec 30, 2011, 3:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: SJ, SAS, DL
I was similarly offered a big Pug estate instead of thy Audi; maybe next time but I needed good fuel efficiency for this trip. Full tank prepay paid off: Glasgow > Norfolk > Stansted > Cambridge > Heathrow (550 miles?) on one tank ^

Meanwhile, at LHR this morning I spotted a number of newly delivered MG6 hatchbacks. Brave decision to add the first production model of a new manufacturer to the fleet. The Avis Facebook page says that 100 examples arrived before Christmas, but I couldn't get confirmation on which car class they'll enter.
Old Dec 31, 2011, 12:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Yes, I noticed a few MG6s there the other day too...
Old Jan 29, 2012, 2:25 pm

Oddly enough, no vehicles in that class available, so I got an Audi A4 Technik 2.0TDi, which is listed as group F.

When I booked back in October the Glasgow city centre branch was listed as open, but since then has decided to close for the entire of Christmas/New Year. So a trek out to Glasgow Airport, where the Audi and a fuel discount was offered in compensation. I'm not a snob, so happy enough. Didn't know it was a group F, though!
Hi, just want to share with you that the Audi A4 Group F is now part of the Select range. The Select range is currently limited to LHR LGW MAN due to large de-fleeting of these modles, however it will be back stronger over the next few weeks once new stock is added back to the fleet.
The Peugeot RCZ, Alfa Guilietta, Fiat 500, Citroen DS3 will be back.
Strong rumours of VW Golf convertables!
Old Jan 29, 2012, 2:29 pm

Meanwhile, at LHR this morning I spotted a number of newly delivered MG6 hatchbacks. Brave decision to add the first production model of a new manufacturer to the fleet. The Avis Facebook page says that 100 examples arrived before Christmas, but I couldn't get confirmation on which car class they'll enter.

Hi, MG6 are in Group D. As they are in limited quantities be aware it's not guaranteed.
Old Jan 30, 2012, 4:49 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the intel olivetti; you sound like you have inside information so we appreciate you taking the time to share any updates. ^
Old Jan 31, 2012, 2:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by olivetti
Hi, just want to share with you that the Audi A4 Group F is now part of the Select range. The Select range is currently limited to LHR LGW MAN due to large de-fleeting of these modles, however it will be back stronger over the next few weeks once new stock is added back to the fleet.
The Peugeot RCZ, Alfa Guilietta, Fiat 500, Citroen DS3 will be back.
Strong rumours of VW Golf convertables!
Glad to hear the RCZ is coming back, but I'm confused about your comments about the Guilietta and the 500, as far as I'm aware they never went anywhere, and DS3 must have left the fleet very recently as I hired one just 3 weeks ago...

I also thought the A4 has been part of the select series for ages now (unlike the BMW 3 series that used to be part of the select series and now in the regular fleet) though I might be wrong...

If the roumurs about the Golf are true that would be great as its been a few years now since last had a convertible on the fleet (the last they had were 307CCs and at some point some Megane CCs as well).
Old Feb 4, 2012, 8:29 am

Originally Posted by clubman
Glad to hear the RCZ is coming back, but I'm confused about your comments about the Guilietta and the 500, as far as I'm aware they never went anywhere, and DS3 must have left the fleet very recently as I hired one just 3 weeks ago...

I also thought the A4 has been part of the select series for ages now (unlike the BMW 3 series that used to be part of the select series and now in the regular fleet) though I might be wrong...

If the roumurs about the Golf are true that would be great as its been a few years now since last had a convertible on the fleet (the last they had were 307CCs and at some point some Megane CCs as well).

Hi,
Guiliette - Very limited availabilty as they are now almost near of of life with Avis, majority of them have been de-fleeted, the few that are left have a very limited life left with Avis.
DS3 - Again literally about 10 or so left on fleet, again almost all de-fleeted now, hence the odd one still knocking around
Fiat 500 - Some new ones starting to be bought onto fleet, so availability will increase over next 3-4 weeks
Audi A4 / BMW3 Series - Appear to have had an identity crisis of late and maybe see some stringent definition of it wanting to be a Select car or not....

Hope this clears up some of the confusion?

rgds, Olivetti
Old Feb 4, 2012, 8:31 am

Thanks for the intel olivetti; you sound like you have inside information so we appreciate you taking the time to share any updates. ^
No problem, glad to be of help. If you have any other questions or queries then fire away and I'll see if I can help you out
Old Feb 6, 2012, 12:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by olivetti
Hope this clears up some of the confusion?
Cheers olivetti .

Just booked a Guiliette actaully for an upcoming rental, but the DS3 does seem to have gone now.

hope to see some new and interesting cars come on the fleet soon (can't say the 500 excites me very much...).
Old Feb 22, 2012, 11:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

MG6 (brand new with 2 miles on the clock) on my recent rental - dreadful car, avoide...
Old Feb 25, 2012, 10:34 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by clubman
MG6 (brand new with 2 miles on the clock) on my recent rental - dreadful car, avoide...
Give them 20 years. Remember how awful Japanese cars were in the eighties and Korean cars were in the nineties? No-one's laughing at Toyota or Hyundai now.
Old Feb 27, 2012, 9:44 pm

Class I Automatic, what will that be if not Peugeot 308?
Old Mar 2, 2012, 2:16 pm

Originally Posted by senna60_94
Class I Automatic, what will that be if not Peugeot 308?
Chevrolet Lacetti or if they upgrade you to a J group Automatic...BWM 1 series, Peugeot 3008, Peugeot 508sw

Hope this helps
Old Mar 2, 2012, 2:21 pm

VW Golf Cabriolet confirmed to be joining Select end of March initially from London Heathrow

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.