X CEED
STONIC
CEED

MAZDA

MAZDA 2
MAZDA 3
MAZDA CX30

CX-3

Correct AFAIK as of December 2022 (from Dec 16, 2022 12:42 pm, posted by EdinburghTraveller).
Print Wikipost

Fleet List (UK)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2018, 10:15 am

Programs: SIXT Gold, Europcar Privilege Elite VIP, Avis Preferred Plus, KrisFlyer Elite Silver
Originally Posted by clubman
Sorry for the late reply AKBW,

Actually, you can see Select Series cars on avis.com but you need to select "Heathrowt1/2/3/4 Select, Hounslow Middlesex, GB-(N1P)" which is one of the options on the dropdown menu when typing "Heathrow" into the location window.

Only issue is it doesn't give you the option of T5 there (I've alerted them many times about this but nothing has been done), but you can always book and then contact them and ask to pick up at T5 if that's where you are arriving into.

TBH though, avis.co.uk will often offer you cheaper rates than avis.com if you're choosing USA as your base country.
Thank you! Yeah, I've just checked out the prices on Avis.com vs Avis.co.uk, it seems like there is about a Ł300 difference in the price. For 3 weeks in November, it's cheaper on the US website than on the UK website. I'll be arriving at T2, so no issues in picking up the car I guess.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 5:10 pm

Programs: Avis - PP, Bonvoy - Plat, BA - Bro, Hilton - Dia, Miles&More - FTL, Skywards - Sil, Sixt - Plat
Originally Posted by akbw
I've just checked out the prices on Avis.com vs Avis.co.uk, it seems like there is about a Ł300 difference in the price. For 3 weeks in November, it's cheaper on the US website than on the UK website
I have noticed this, but everytime I try booking at LHR on Avis.com I get to the final screen and there are a bunch of taxes and insurances added on that I cannot deselect, and it often ends up being more after that than on Avis.co.uk

Old Sep 5, 2018, 4:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by akbw
For 3 weeks in November, it's cheaper on the US website than on the UK website.
Not unusual...
Old Sep 5, 2018, 4:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by Mackle
I have noticed this, but everytime I try booking at LHR on Avis.com I get to the final screen and there are a bunch of taxes and insurances added on that I cannot deselect, and it often ends up being more after that than on Avis.co.uk
What country are you setting as your base?
Old Sep 5, 2018, 9:41 am

Programs: Avis - PP, Bonvoy - Plat, BA - Bro, Hilton - Dia, Miles&More - FTL, Skywards - Sil, Sixt - Plat
What country are you setting as your base?
I think it defaults to U.K. when I put my Avis preferred details in, but it’s been a while since I have tried it so not 100% sure.
Old Sep 12, 2018, 9:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes, if you add your Preferred details while making the booking it will default to your base country where your account is registered.
Old Oct 9, 2018, 1:43 pm

Yes, if you add your Preferred details while making the booking it will default to your base country where your account is registered.
So is there a way that I can use the better rates on Avis.com, but then after paying the better rate link my booking it to my UK AVIS preferred account to (hopefully) get an upgrade?
Old Oct 9, 2018, 2:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Mackle
So is there a way that I can use the better rates on Avis.com, but then after paying the better rate link my booking it to my UK AVIS preferred account to (hopefully) get an upgrade?
Yes. Make the booking, then prior to pick date ask Avis to add your wizard number.
Old Oct 10, 2018, 9:09 am

Yes. Make the booking, then prior to pick date ask Avis to add your wizard number.
Okay, so book on the US site, and then phone Avis UK to add my UK Wizard number? Unfortunately, unlike airline sites that allow you to add bookings to your FFP as soon as you have booked them with something like an OTA, with the Avis site I can't see a way of adding a booking that hasn't yet been collected, it looks like you can only add a booking to your history via the website once you've returned it
Old Oct 10, 2018, 9:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Correct. Phone, email, or chat.
Old Nov 2, 2018, 3:20 am

Programs: QF, KLM, BA
How do I interpret the second half of the SIPP code? I'm looking at a car to tour around Scotland next year.

I've found:

Ford Focus CDMRGPEB
Hyundai Ioniq CDARFDEB
Volkswagen Golf CXMRFDEB

which all look suitable for my needs. But of course, they all say "or similar", but I want to have an idea of what "or similar" could be. Is there an Avis site that lets me search by SIPP to get an idea?
Old Nov 7, 2018, 12:29 am

All those cars are very similar, though Avis treats the Golf as a higher category than the others. It's impossible to say what the 'or similar' might be. The fleet may look very different next year - all the rental companies are constantly chasing the best deal and there is a massive variety of models on the UK fleets.
Note that if you want automatic you need to specifically reserve that.
Old Nov 8, 2018, 1:03 am

Programs: QF, KLM, BA
Originally Posted by rcspeirs
All those cars are very similar, though Avis treats the Golf as a higher category than the others. It's impossible to say what the 'or similar' might be. The fleet may look very different next year - all the rental companies are constantly chasing the best deal and there is a massive variety of models on the UK fleets.
Note that if you want automatic you need to specifically reserve that.
Thanks.

Well if nothing else, you've clarified my thinking. They're in different categories, but I myself thought that they were all very similar. If I was running a rental car company, I'd probably put them all in the same category. :-)
Old Nov 9, 2018, 4:11 am

Just to emphasise the point I made about transmission. Two of your examples are manual, one is automatic. The third letter of the code indicates the transmission.
This guide (from Sixt, but it's across the industry) explains all.
https://www.sixt.co.uk/faqs/acriss-code/
However.... Some of it is nonsense. The Golf is a decent car but the idea that it is 'special' is laughable - that's the X in the second character.
weegraeme likes this.
Old Nov 9, 2018, 4:25 am

Originally Posted by rcspeirs
The Golf is a decent car but the idea that it is 'special' is laughable - that's the X in the second character.
Avis in Germany have three or four different Golf classes on their website, and no description when selecting the different Golf glasses as to what the different is besides the transmission - that works when you have a straight choice between manual and auto, but not when you have three manual golfs and one auto.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.