Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Adult content on Avis XM active

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2011, 11:26 am

Programs: UA MileagePlus dirt (former hard-way Silver); AS Mileage Plan MVP; Hilton Honors Silver
Originally Posted by bkafrick
I'm in a 2011 Lincoln MKZ this week, and it does not have chanels 98-106 active. This includes:
Blue Collar
FoxxHole
Raw Dog
Howard Stern 100, 101
XM Stars Too
Road Dog Trucking

I thought someone had disabled the channels from the radio. Luckily the manual for the car was still in the truck, I looked up the PIN for resetting all "disabled" channels and making them active (ironically, the PIN is 1-2-3-4), and it said "Channels Unlocked", but still 98-106 do not appear on the radio.

Odd?
"1-2-3-4"? That's the combination an idiot would use on his luggage!

Getting back on topic, I wish Avis would abandon the idea of the Blast add-on and just restore the radios to proper working order, at least for the duration of the demo period. Especially considering that any number of other ways to get media into the car - especially if you're in a SYNC-equipped Ford.
Old Sep 9, 2011, 11:29 am

Programs: AAdvantage Gold, UA 2P
Thank you avis for not being our mother and letting us decide what and what is appropriate to listen to.
Old Sep 15, 2011, 4:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OMNIArchist, OMNIArchy!, OMNIIDGAS
I've had satrad on all but one rental this year...of course I've been the first renter on several of them too (one had 4 miles on it!)
Old Sep 16, 2011, 7:24 am
Suspended

Programs: United GS+
Originally Posted by bkafrick
I'm in a 2011 Lincoln MKZ this week, and it does not have chanels 98-106 active. This includes:
Blue Collar
FoxxHole
Raw Dog
Howard Stern 100, 101
XM Stars Too
Road Dog Trucking

I thought someone had disabled the channels from the radio. Luckily the manual for the car was still in the truck, I looked up the PIN for resetting all "disabled" channels and making them active (ironically, the PIN is 1-2-3-4), and it said "Channels Unlocked", but still 98-106 do not appear on the radio.

Odd?
Not odd. Those are premium channels on XM that require purchase of the 'Best of Sirius' pack.
Old Sep 16, 2011, 12:27 pm

Originally Posted by jgsx
Not odd. Those are premium channels on XM that require purchase of the 'Best of Sirius' pack.
I pay for regular XM in my private vehicle and listen to Blue Collar and Raw Dog often, and have not upgraded to "Best of Sirius". No idea on Howard Stern, as I would not listen to him even if it was free.
Old Sep 16, 2011, 4:20 pm
Suspended

Programs: United GS+
It looks like with the recent XM / Sirius channel shuffling, it's now called 'XM Premier' and the channels are 88, 90, 100, 101, 102, 103, 110

Originally Posted by Pete838
No idea on Howard Stern, as I would not listen to him even if it was free.
Pure ignorance. Stern is by far the best radio show in history.
Old Sep 27, 2011, 8:45 pm

Originally Posted by jgsx
Stern is by far the best radio show in history.

I can't believe I am about to admit this.... I am an ultra-ultra- conservative woman in my late 40's who though Stern was repulsive until I took my husbands car on a short trip last weekend.

I didn't change the channel immediately, and found my self hooked. I hadn't laughed so hard in a long time! He is seriously an amazing interviewer.

.... End of confession..... Feel free to resume your talk about AVIS.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.