Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Avis First, President's Club & Chairman's Club

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2010, 10:54 am

Programs: Delta GM, (fmr US CP/PP/GP!), DL SkyClub, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
Originally Posted by gleff
I wasn't talking about free weekend days and that's correct, as far as I have ever understood those don't accrue to Chairmans members.

I'm talking about Corporate Awards free days - which can be used any day of the week - and accrue 1 per 15 rental days.

You just need to sign up your business (sole proprietorship, whatever) for Corproate Awards..
Funny, I had never heard of CORPORATE AWARDS, at all, before the last few postings on this thread. However, within just ONE HOUR of reading your post explaining CORPORATE AWARDS, I received an e-mail from Delta, inviting me to sign up for, you guessed it, CORPORATE REWARDS. Amazing!
Old Jul 15, 2010, 11:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OMNIArchist, OMNIArchy!, OMNIIDGAS
Originally Posted by USirritated
Funny, I had never heard of CORPORATE AWARDS, at all, before the last few postings on this thread. However, within just ONE HOUR of reading your post explaining CORPORATE AWARDS, I received an e-mail from Delta, inviting me to sign up for, you guessed it, CORPORATE REWARDS. Amazing!
And I just got a reminder email directly from Avis about the same thing...I had been invited about 3 months back.\
Sounds like Avis and the comarketers sent out a mass mailing
Old Jul 15, 2010, 4:42 pm

Programs: Delta GM, (fmr US CP/PP/GP!), DL SkyClub, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
Originally Posted by Steph3n
And I just got a reminder email directly from Avis about the same thing...I had been invited about 3 months back.\
Or maybe gleff sent out smoke signals?
Old Jul 22, 2010, 12:49 pm

Programs: UA MM
Intl

In Germany I got a great upgrade to a top Audi A6 TD wagon, but in Singapore I never got any upgrades. I was US Chairman's club (until 2 weeks ago). In the US they always seemed to put me in a Caddy CTS.
Old Jul 22, 2010, 7:05 pm

Even for Chairman's Club members, there is no guarantee for International upgrades, it is hit and miss. The best thing to do is make your rez through Chairman's, and they will call or e-mail the International location you are going to, to try and arrange the upgrades.
Old Jul 25, 2010, 7:48 am

Programs: UA MM, HH Gold, SPG LT Gold
Originally Posted by Steph3n
Is the Corporate Awards targeted? or where to sign up?
Old Jul 26, 2010, 1:22 am

Originally Posted by pm6163
Is the Corporate Awards targeted? or where to sign up?
You can try this link:

http://www.avis.com/car-rental/conte...partnerId=1050

However, I am not sure whether there is something in that URL which matches with my profile, in other words, whether it will work for you or not.
Old Jul 28, 2010, 1:49 pm

Programs: US/AA-Platinum, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Gold, AVIS-Presidents Club, National-Executive Elite
Presidents Club for One-Way Rentals or at Neighborhood AVIS

So, my job's changed a bit, and now I travel locally a lot more than I used to. This has required me to rent a car and drive to a lot of places instead of flying.

I was thinking of getting the Continental Presidential Plus card just to get bumped up to AVIS Presidents Club. Might be worth the $375.

I'm wondering from other's experience... Do you get Presidents Club upgrades from your local neighborhood AVIS? or just at Airport locations.

Also, what about on One-Way rentals? As AVIS first, they seem to give me the worst car in the class with a One-Way rental (thinking they can get rid of it to some other station, I assume). So do you get upgraded to a decent car with One-Way's?

Thanks for any advise you PC'ers can offer.
Old Jul 30, 2010, 5:08 pm

Originally Posted by bkafrick
I'm wondering from other's experience... Do you get Presidents Club upgrades from your local neighborhood AVIS? or just at Airport locations.
You should get the same upgrades benefit at ANY Avis North American location, NOT just airports, as long as you are a member of Avis President's Club.
Old Aug 2, 2010, 2:39 pm

Programs: JetBlue Mosaic, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by sdsearch
The only benefit that I see to Avis First for a miles junkie is the free whatever (weekend?) coupon you get once when you first qualify. That's assuming you can use it before it expires. (The one I got I never got to use, because I never need a rental where it would help during the time it was active.)
I just got invited to Avis First in the mail and coincidentally, I need to rent a car next weekend. However, I cannot find where to redeem this free weekend I got for qualifying. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks.
Old Aug 3, 2010, 6:42 pm

So, my job's changed a bit, and now I travel locally a lot more than I used to. This has required me to rent a car and drive to a lot of places instead of flying.

I was thinking of getting the Continental Presidential Plus card just to get bumped up to AVIS Presidents Club. Might be worth the $375.

Also, what about on One-Way rentals? As AVIS first, they seem to give me the worst car in the class with a One-Way rental (thinking they can get rid of it to some other station, I assume). So do you get upgraded to a decent car with One-Way's?

Thanks for any advise you PC'ers can offer.
Well, you will need to do some approximate calculations and see if that's really worth it.

Last edited by levanta; Aug 11, 2010 at 3:32 pm
Old Aug 3, 2010, 8:21 pm

Programs: US/AA-Platinum, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Gold, AVIS-Presidents Club, National-Executive Elite
Originally Posted by levanta
Well, you will need to do some approximate calculations and see if that's really worth it.
Yes, what i'm saying is it would only be worth it to me if I got upgraded in one-ways and at off-airport locations.
Old Aug 9, 2010, 3:08 am

Yes, what i'm saying is it would only be worth it to me if I got upgraded in one-ways and at off-airport locations.
Strictly speaking, the location does not matter, as a Chairman's member, you are entitled to the best available car if you rent mid-size, and it should not matter whether it is pick up and return at the same place, or whether it is a one way. I would be surprised if it was not that way just about anywhere in North America, but of course, it is always possible that YMMV.
Old Aug 9, 2010, 7:45 am
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

Originally Posted by USirritated
Strictly speaking, the location does not matter, as a Chairman's member, you are entitled to the best available car if you rent mid-size, and it should not matter whether it is pick up and return at the same place, or whether it is a one way. I would be surprised if it was not that way just about anywhere in North America, but of course, it is always possible that YMMV.
While you're entitled to the upgrade as a CHM, a lot of non-airport locations don't carry much more than mid-size, other than an occassional SUV or premium car (usually that was returned as part of a 1-way). So while you're entitled to nice upgrades, they don't regularly happen at smaller locations unless you can have them ship you a car from a larger pool somewhere.
Old Aug 9, 2010, 12:29 pm

Originally Posted by IAHtraveler
While you're entitled to the upgrade as a CHM, a lot of non-airport locations don't carry much more than mid-size, other than an occassional SUV or premium car (usually that was returned as part of a 1-way). So while you're entitled to nice upgrades, they don't regularly happen at smaller locations unless you can have them ship you a car from a larger pool somewhere.
Which they will do for Chairman's members, as long as they have enough notice.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.