FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Avis | Preferred and Budget | Fastbreak (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/avis-preferred-budget-fastbreak-420/)
-   -   AVIS Satisfaction Survey (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/avis-preferred-budget-fastbreak/1013819-avis-satisfaction-survey.html)

bkafrick Nov 4, 2009 7:55 pm

AVIS Satisfaction Survey

Received an AVIS satisfaction survey after a recent rental. I typically give these good ratings, as my experience is usually decent.

Last week though, I was at DEN and in an 18" snowstorm, they didnt give me a snowbrush, and I forgot to look until i was 15 minutes away from the airport.

ANYWAY, when I got my survey this time, I gave them low marks. A day later I got this email:

Dear bkafrick,

Thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey regarding the rental specified below:

Renter Name: bkafrick
Check-in Date: October 30, 2009
Check-in Location: Denver International Airport
Reference Number: XXXXXXXXXX

I am sorry to hear we did not meet your expectations.

We would like the opportunity to better understand why you were dissatisfied and resolve any outstanding issues.

If you would like to provide more feedback on why your rental was unsatisfactory, simply click on the "reply" button to email our customer service team directly.

Thank you for your time.

Kathie Sullivan
Manager
Avis Customer Service
Anyway, i was impressed, and I replied back honestly about the snowbrush.

Maybe they are trying to try harder?

sobore Nov 5, 2009 6:24 am

I wonder if Kathie Sullivan is a real person?
If so, maybe they are starting to care again? :)

bkafrick Nov 5, 2009 8:54 am

I can't imagine they'd lie and make up a fake person to sign their emails... would they? Why even email in the first place then?

sobore Nov 5, 2009 9:25 am

A company that I used to work at had a fake customer service agent “Mr. Robert Neal”.

….Sorry Mr. Neal is not in right now, but I may be able to assist you….;)

tony flynn Nov 5, 2009 10:09 am

Originally Posted by sobore (Post 12771070)
If so, maybe they are starting to care again? :)

I've seen no evidence of that.

bkafrick Nov 5, 2009 6:47 pm

Originally Posted by tony flynn (Post 12772487)
I've seen no evidence of that.

The evidence is what I posted. Thats what this whole thread is discussing.

tony flynn Nov 6, 2009 1:27 am

Originally Posted by bkafrick (Post 12775692)
The evidence is what I posted. Thats what this whole thread is discussing.

Sorry bkafrick but nothing will change.

Avis is yet another large company that has discovered that saying sorry is cheaper and easier than fixing the problem.

I spoke to a CSR in Barcelona and one in Bracknell in the UK yesterday, both were outstanding but they have no power to change anything at the lazy and sloppy locations that I've dealt with recently.

Expect an email like the two below, these are two answers to two different problems encountered recently, it's the stock answer to whatever problem that you ask them to address.

I doubt that when Microsoft invented copy and paste that they realised they were also inventing a whole new genre of customer service.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'Any difficulties or problems encountered are a concern to us, and we apologize most sincerely for the inconvenience you were caused. This commitment to Avis customers is taken very seriously; therefore, a copy of your report has been forwarded to the responsible manager as well as Avis? Quality Assurance Department. You can be sure that your comments have been well-noted and appropriate action will be taken.

Although we realize we cannot make up for a disappointing experience such as this, we do appreciate your feedback. Only by being made aware of a problem can we fix it and offer the high quality of service that Avis customers expect and deserve.

Thank you for giving us this opportunity to address your issue. We sincerely appreciate the business you have given us and we look forward to serving you again soon.

Kind Regards,'

Or perhaps try....

'Dear Mr. Flynn,

Thank you for contacting us through the Avis Website.

I'm sorry for the troubles you experienced with your current and past rentals. When traveling we understand the importance of providing quick and efficient service; an expectation we strive to meet with each rental, whether you?re traveling on business or pleasure.

Avis takes seriously its commitment to have the confirmed car available when and where the customer has reserved it. While Avis strives to give you the best service possible, we want to take this opportunity to point out that although car sizes are guaranteed, specific makes or models, or optional features cannot be guaranteed. We do show that the vehicle you received is in the car class that you had reserved.

Any difficulties or problems encountered are a concern to us, and we apologize most sincerely for the inconvenience you were caused. This commitment to Avis customers is taken very seriously; therefore, a copy of your report has been forwarded to the responsible manager as well as Avis? Quality Assurance Department. You can be sure that your comments have been well-noted and appropriate action will be taken.

Although we realize we cannot make up for a disappointing experience such as this, we do appreciate your feedback. Only by being made aware of a problem can we fix it and offer the high quality of service that Avis customers expect and deserve.

Thank you for giving us this opportunity to address your issue. We sincerely appreciate the business you have given us and we look forward to serving you again soon.

Kind Regards,'