Wiki Posts
Search

5,000 DL miles for 2day rental

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2009, 12:11 pm
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

Originally Posted by derby44
Is there a AWD/rate code that will be cheaper than the K817600? Thanks
Have you tried any of the codes on the Sticky at the top of the Avis thread? Basically, it's trial & error to see what's best. Other than the Avis employee code (and DON'T try it), it's tough to tell what'll be cheapest for your needs.

Good luck
Old Jun 7, 2009, 3:49 pm

Programs: BR, UA 1k, CX
Thanks

Thanks, since I rent a lot but not sure I can reach 25,000
Old Jun 8, 2009, 1:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
Wirelessly posted (FlyerTalk.com/wap is fun : BlackBerry9530/4.7.0.148 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Originally Posted by Taipei
After 25k, the other 5k promo will still be available for 4+ day rentals.
Old Jun 8, 2009, 1:37 am

Originally Posted by derby44
Is there a AWD/rate code that will be cheaper than the K817600? Thanks
I find this one to be giving me the best rates: A074800
Old Jun 8, 2009, 3:05 am

Programs: Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platimun
I used D005297 for a convertible in Hawaii for 4 days and my rental went from $349.51 down to $248.00. Thanks!!
Old Jun 8, 2009, 7:32 am

Location: AA Gold/Million Miler,DL dirt,UA1K/Million Miler;Honors Silver,Marriott Gold;Avis Preferred,Hertz Prez Circle, Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Taipei
Is there anything in the T&C's that says/implies you can't rent more than one car at once? If not, in theory do 5 wkend rentals at once and get it over with.
Old Jun 8, 2009, 7:59 am

Programs: DL ♦M MM|HH♦|Marr Slvr|CO UA AA US|Pri Cub Plat|SPG|Avis 1st|Htz 5*
Originally Posted by terton
I find this one to be giving me the best rates: A074800
This is Citicorp Leisure Travel. I have used it several times. No id - no questions.

Originally Posted by ciscophillip
I used D005297 for a convertible in Hawaii for 4 days and my rental went from $349.51 down to $248.00. Thanks!!
This is the Amateur Sports Assistance program and I have used this dozens of times. No id - no questions. It works everywhere I have tried. It's a very low convention rate.
Old Jun 8, 2009, 10:48 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum Hyatt Diamond Hilton Gold SPG Gold National Executive Avis Preferred Hertz Gold
All three codes come back with the same rate--$57.58---total $70.93 for two day subcompact. Thanks to all.
Old Jun 9, 2009, 7:03 pm

has anyone had luck adding the coupon at car return and have the miles post?
Old Jun 10, 2009, 3:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
Originally Posted by sntrao
has anyone had luck adding the coupon at car return and have the miles post?
You should be ok if you do it before they print your receipt. As such, when you get to the return area, stop the returns agent and head inside with your gas and mileage level. Ask them to apply the coupon and make sure your DL ffp # is on your res.
Old Jun 10, 2009, 5:47 am

Originally Posted by Mrp Alert
You should be ok if you do it before they print your receipt. As such, when you get to the return area, stop the returns agent and head inside with your gas and mileage level. Ask them to apply the coupon and make sure your DL ffp # is on your res.
+1 Stop the guy/gal with the hand-held return machines. When trying to get proper credit going to the counter AFTER the return was processed in the garage it would appear I got the credit but then I would have to fight for it later via email. Returning at the counter and insisting that they check the FF number and coupon code always has worked without trouble. Mrp Alert is right ... (and my hero).
Old Jun 11, 2009, 12:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Regarding the coupon codes here, to qualify, don't we have to use:

Mention coupon # MUAA088
Use AWD # K817600

these codes? I'm assuming others won't qualify for the 5K miles.
Old Jun 11, 2009, 12:56 pm

Originally Posted by josephstern

Mention coupon # MUAA088
Use AWD # K817600

the coupon is what's getting you the bonus miles. from the t&c
Please mention coupon number MUAA088 to take receive bonus miles offer

the AWD they advise you to use only gets you maybe 25% off rates. It is not necessary to use to get the miles. The coupon is the key.
Old Jun 11, 2009, 12:59 pm

Originally Posted by josephstern

Mention coupon # MUAA088
Use AWD # K817600

You should be able to use other AWD codes if they allow for FF mile earning. DL is HOPING that you use their AWD.

From the T&C I just received from Delta about this promo (the blue bolding is mine):
Terms & Conditions
• 5,000 bonus miles valid on a qualifying rental of two or more consecutive days at participating Avis airport locations in the US and Canada.
• Bonus miles offer valid on all car groups.
• An advance 24-hour reservation is required.
• Offer may not be used with any other coupon, promotion or offer except your AWD discount.
• Taxes, concession recovery fees, vehicle license recovery fee, customer facility charges ($10/contract in CA) and fuel charges are extra.
• Optional items such as LDW ($35.99/day or less except in Louisiana $49.99/day) and other surcharges may apply and are extra.
• Please mention coupon number MUAA088 to take receive bonus miles offer.
• SkyMiles number must be mentioned at time of reservation or at the rental counter to receive bonus miles.
• Offer is subject to vehicle availability at the time of rental and may not be available on some rates at some times, including some online rates at Avis.com.
• Car rental return restrictions may apply.
• Offer subject to change without notice.
• Holiday and other blackout periods may apply.
• Renter must meet Avis age, driver and credit requirements.
• Minimum rental age may vary by location.
• An additional daily surcharge may apply for renters under 25 years old.
• Frequent flyer surcharge of up to $0.50 USD per day, may apply.
• Rental period valid from June 1, 2009 through July 31, 2009.
• Reservations and rentals must be completed by July 31, 2009.
• MAXIMUM NUMBER OF RENTALS PER CUSTOMER CANNOT EXCEED 5 RENTALS BETWEEN JUNE 1, 2009 AND JULY 31, 2009.
Old Jun 11, 2009, 1:02 pm

I need some help with the codes people are using for california (smf/sfo) or florida (tpa). trying all the codes above, the lowest I can get is $51.80 ai with D005297 for a 2 day at smf. considering 10,000 miles is $100 off a PWM ticket and likewise, 5000 miles is $50 off a ticket, and I'm spending $50 to get 5000 miles.... I can't make this work for me yet. least not like last years games. anybody having any better luck?

fwiw, I have no necessary rentals planned. I'd only be doing these to get the miles only.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.