Avis Fleet List (US & Canada Cars by Class)

Old May 2, 2019, 11:10 am

Originally Posted by dougzz

As is said up thread on one way rentals like this they’ll give you the highest mileage car they have, or something weird they want rid of, maybe a one way left with them previously.
well i guess they have to provide a car in that category? I know sometimes you Can discuss if that car really is in that category and sometimes change The car 1 Down or up in a category depending on their stock that Day... anyway im gonna complain my ... off if they provide some rubbish stuff
Old May 3, 2019, 10:18 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Andreas Noer

well i guess they have to provide a car in that category? I know sometimes you Can discuss if that car really is in that category and sometimes change The car 1 Down or up in a category depending on their stock that Day... anyway im gonna complain my ... off if they provide some rubbish stuff
I think its not the case they’ll try to give you a lower category car, it’s more about what they want to keep least. So if they have something someone else left there they’ll be looking to get rid. If they have to give you one of ’their’ cars it’ll be the one they want the least. In fairness I’ve had some considerable upgrades when renting short one ways.
Old May 5, 2019, 2:57 am

Originally Posted by dougzz

I think its not the case they’ll try to give you a lower category car, it’s more about what they want to keep least. So if they have something someone else left there they’ll be looking to get rid. If they have to give you one of ’their’ cars it’ll be the one they want the least. In fairness I’ve had some considerable upgrades when renting short one ways.
Right, it should be the same category or better but will probably be the highest mileage car they have in that category.
Old May 6, 2019, 1:52 pm

Really just Hoping for not having a MKT as i Think its so disgusting haha
Old May 10, 2019, 5:58 am

Hi really hoping someone could help me out on here please. I have a booking with Avis from Miami airport, I currently have a minivan (group V) but I can change it to a full size SUV (group Z) for free. What is everyones opinions on this? Would you upgrade? I have no idea about american cars so really apreciate your help and advice on this.There will be 7 of us 5 kids and 2 adults and 3 suitcases.

I realise the Minivan would be bigger so more practical but I also want something thats got lots of gadgets and nice to drive.

Thank you in advance for any help.
Old May 11, 2019, 12:11 am

Originally Posted by Sawyer38
Hi really hoping someone could help me out on here please. I have a booking with Avis from Miami airport, I currently have a minivan (group V) but I can change it to a full size SUV (group Z) for free. What is everyones opinions on this? Would you upgrade? I have no idea about american cars so really apreciate your help and advice on this.There will be 7 of us 5 kids and 2 adults and 3 suitcases.

I realise the Minivan would be bigger so more practical but I also want something thats got lots of gadgets and nice to drive.

Thank you in advance for any help.
A minivan will be much more practical. They have more cargo space than even the biggest SUVs because they're lower to the ground and packaged differently. They are much easier to get in and out of.

The Chrysler Pacifica is actually a very nice ride. I've never seen one without leather and navigation and they drive very car-like, while a Tahoe is a truck and will handle like a truck. But there's also a chance of getting a boring minivan like a Grand Caravan.

I'd make a reservation for both and see what they have available. If they have a Pacifica, go for that. If it's something else, unless it's fully loaded, then go for the SUV.
Old May 11, 2019, 1:41 am

Thank you for your help and advice really appreciate it
Old May 11, 2019, 11:48 am

I am going on a long one way trip from Virginia to Seattle. I am trying to not get hosed on my vehicle, which is a Standard Elite SUV, so based on some of the suggestions on this thread I have:

1. Signed up for Preferred and have the App so hopefully I can choose something I want. Does this still work on one-ways?
2. Starting my rental on a Friday around noon. Hopefully that will give me the best options of SUVs.

Anything else I can do to try to from getting a 2016 Ford Flex or some other worst case scenario?
Old May 15, 2019, 8:50 am

got a group z booked for Charleston with budget at the end of june - anybody guess at what it will be and whether it will have sat nav as standard
Old May 16, 2019, 7:09 am

I have a Standard Elite SUV reserved for a long (Virginia to Seattle) one-way trip through Avis. My rental starts on early Friday afternoon and I have downloaded the Avis app, so I can hopefully select my vehicle from a decent selection.

Anything else I can do short of keeping a crisp $50 bill in my pocket to keep from getting the oldest, crustiest SUV they have on the lot?
Old May 21, 2019, 8:53 am

Booked a group Z (Tahoe or equivalent) for MCO at the beginning of June. What are the equivalents to the Tahoe in this group? and do these cars tend to come with inbuilt satnav?
Old Jun 5, 2019, 1:57 pm

Equivalents of Tahoe are Armada, Yukon, or maybe Expedition
Old Jun 6, 2019, 7:27 am

Hello,
Got a booking with Avis via British Airways, used AVIS a few times before but this time i have managed to get an upgrade to a Group L for cheaper than a group Z.

I know stock changes all the time, but im interested on peoples experience with what cars they have got in group L recently from TPA (Tampa) airport ? Also, i have the Avis USA app and UK app, both linked to my preferred account so hoping to be able to see the allocated car on the app once im in the states.

Plus, we are on a red eye into TPA so its going to be one of the last flights into the airport before the morning flights start off so not sure if thats going to mean loads of availability or limited.

Thanks
Old Jun 7, 2019, 5:02 am
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars
Original Poster

Most likely a Suburban or Yukon XL. Possibly a Navigator but not likely.

The day of the week affects vehicle availability more than time, IME.
Old Jun 7, 2019, 2:42 pm

Does anyone know if Avis has the Mini Cooper (the agent told me it was a compact), or if the Kia Niro is common?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.