Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Avis Fleet List (US & Canada Cars by Class)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2018, 11:26 am
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Closingracer
Standard is most likely something like a Ford edge, or Grand Cherokee like in size 5 seater.

Standard Elite is 7 seater like explorer, pathfinder, traverse.
Agree 100%. Other Standard SUVs I've seen a lot of lately are Santa Fe Sports, but the Edge and Cherokee are most prevalent. Seems Avis got a ton of these lately.

For the 7 seater, Explorer seems to be the most common right now. I wouldn't be too surprised if you're upgraded to a Tahoe/similar as Avis seems to be flooded with these at the moment. Haven't seen a Traverse lately, but the Enclave is hanging around, which is just a sexier version.
Old Mar 13, 2018, 7:43 am

Programs: BAEC Gold / M-Life Gold / HH Diamond
Group F - Mid Size - Ford Escape or Similar @ LAS

I've booked a Group F car for a trip to LAS in April, described as Ford Escape or similar.

I'm looking at topping up my insurance with a rentalcover.com policy to cover roadside, glass, tyres, keys etc.

There are different prices for "cars" and "4x4" (it's twice the price for 4x4). Does anyone have any experience of what cars are realistically provided in this group? Is it likely to be a 2wd soft SUV or is there a risk that I'll get a 4x4?
Old Mar 13, 2018, 11:13 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Lucanesque
There are different prices for "cars" and "4x4" (it's twice the price for 4x4). Does anyone have any experience of what cars are realistically provided in this group? Is it likely to be a 2wd soft SUV or is there a risk that I'll get a 4x4?
Yes, it's very possible you can get a 4x4. Seems most of the southern SUVs are 2WD, but if you got one that was put into service in the northern states, it is likely it will be AWD or 4x4.
Lucanesque likes this.
Old Mar 14, 2018, 5:57 am

Programs: BAEC Gold / M-Life Gold / HH Diamond
Thanks IAHtraveler. I'd better play safe and get the top-up insurance for a 4x4 then ^
Old Mar 19, 2018, 11:50 pm

Programs: Avis PC AmexPL Hertz5str MarriottPlt NetJets NationalEE InspiratoMember
DFW, AUS, IAH, SAT, HOU, DAL all have Jaguar F-Types IAH has many!
Old Mar 21, 2018, 3:43 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club
I'm hiring a Group L vehicle from Avis in downtown New Orleans next week. The example given is a Chevy Suburban. Anyone know which vehicles are most likely with President's Club membership?
Old Mar 28, 2018, 10:11 am

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Formerly Starbucks Gold
Do Avis' carry the new prius? I'm considering paying now to get a good rate for one tomorrow, but only if I can get one of those. Trying to phone the airport (DTW) location to verify but no one answering.

Alternatively, what is considered "or similar" to that? Says group XC.
Old Apr 3, 2018, 1:04 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BThumme
Do Avis' carry the new prius? I'm considering paying now to get a good rate for one tomorrow, but only if I can get one of those. Trying to phone the airport (DTW) location to verify but no one answering.

Alternatively, what is considered "or similar" to that? Says group XC.
Sorry for the late reply on this. For others that might stumble on it: Avis does have the 2018 Prius, but it very well could still be a 2017 floating around. However, they're almost identical so I wouldn't worry if it's a "new" one.

Similar cars would be any hybrid on the lot. That's most likely to be a Fusion as I've not seen another hybrid sedan/hatch in the Avis fleet lately.
Old Apr 3, 2018, 2:14 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Formerly Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by IAHtraveler
Sorry for the late reply on this. For others that might stumble on it: Avis does have the 2018 Prius, but it very well could still be a 2017 floating around. However, they're almost identical so I wouldn't worry if it's a "new" one.

Similar cars would be any hybrid on the lot. That's most likely to be a Fusion as I've not seen another hybrid sedan/hatch in the Avis fleet lately.
They offered me a 2018 (almost brand new fusion). I usually go with Hertz for the extra united miles and presidents choice selection since I can always pickup a fusion if I want from them (Hertz doesn't carry to the Prius). They were able to get me a prius with about 24k miles on it, and it was super dirty (also FL license plates for a DTW pickup)...but I've been wanting to drive one for an extended time, so was thankful I was able to get one.
Old Apr 3, 2018, 11:45 pm
Formerly known as FTRox87

Programs: AA/US 1M, AS, BA, CX, EK, EY, JL, KE, LH, NH, OS, QF, QR, TG, UA/CO | *$G
hey folks, apologize if this isnt the right place to ask.

but does anyone know if theres a list of avis locations that offer their signature series cars? for example I was thinking of traveling in the PacNW area shortly, but was surprised that neither PDX nor SEA had signature series vehicles available. is it just no availability on my particular days or do they just even have those sorta cars up there?
Old Apr 5, 2018, 2:42 am

Class K

hi guys!

Just got told by a partner to AVIS that the following models in Group K is: Ford Mustang GT Convertible, Chevrolet Camaro SS Convertible and Chevrolet Camaro Convertible.

Can anyone confirm that?
I’m about to rent a convertible for the summer in Cali, but if any chances of getting a beetle then I will go with hertz exact model.
Old Apr 5, 2018, 10:06 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FrederikHansen
hi guys!

Just got told by a partner to AVIS that the following models in Group K is: Ford Mustang GT Convertible, Chevrolet Camaro SS Convertible and Chevrolet Camaro Convertible.

Can anyone confirm that?
I’m about to rent a convertible for the summer in Cali, but if any chances of getting a beetle then I will go with hertz exact model.
I'd say 0.01% chance of a Beetle. Mustang or Camaro of some variety are your main options. From very recent sightings, I'd say 60-75% chance of a Mustang, 25-40% Camaro, 0.5% Miata (I've seen a couple of them but not many). I've seen 1 beetle ~18 months ago .
Old Apr 5, 2018, 10:54 am

Originally Posted by IAHtraveler
I'd say 0.01% chance of a Beetle. Mustang or Camaro of some variety are your main options. From very recent sightings, I'd say 60-75% chance of a Mustang, 25-40% Camaro, 0.5% Miata (I've seen a couple of them but not many). I've seen 1 beetle ~18 months ago .
Thanks! Maybe I need to take the chance hopping for a Camaro SS or a Mustang GT
Old Apr 7, 2018, 10:08 am

Hello everyone !

1st of all, I apologize for my bad english (I come from Belgium's french speaking part)

We booked a Cat P 12 passenger van at Miami airport (for 5 adults, a child, and a lot of luggages for 3 weeks... it was the only solution), thank you so much for the fleet list !

Here is my question : Do you think there will be some Ford E350 or Chevy Express at the pick up ? We don't want a Ford Transit, mayeby it's kinda weird for you, but for us the Transit looks like to much Europpean to enjoy the US roads. We are a little bit desapointed, because the Ford Transit is the newest one
Old Apr 8, 2018, 9:38 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Group B in Maui?

HI
We will be hiring a group B car in Maui for 9 days. Only 2 of us but have 2 large suitcase and 2 cabin suitcases. A ford focus is ok but group B includes a mini as well, which will definitely be not ok.
Any suggestions of what cars they have in group B category or should I upgrade to a group C?
Any thoughts welcome.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.