Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Avis Fleet List (US & Canada Cars by Class)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2020, 10:17 am

Thank you for your detailed answer.
We would be 2 adults with the 4 suitcases. Based on your answer the space won't be enough then?! I've read the space in the trunk does not change whether the top is down or not.
Old Feb 4, 2020, 4:29 pm
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars
Original Poster

Originally Posted by flx221
Thank you for your detailed answer.
We would be 2 adults with the 4 suitcases. Based on your answer the space won't be enough then?! I've read the space in the trunk does not change whether the top is down or not.
I stand (partially) corrected The Camaro trunk is tiny with the roof open; the Mustang is small but doesn't change when the roof is open. HERE are pictures of the Camaro trunk with the top down. HERE they say the Camaro trunk "is useless with the top down".
Old Feb 4, 2020, 10:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by IAHtraveler
I stand (partially) corrected The Camaro trunk is tiny with the roof open; the Mustang is small but doesn't change when the roof is open. HERE are pictures of the Camaro trunk with the top down. HERE they say the Camaro trunk "is useless with the top down".
The Mustang trunk is very small. I had trouble fitting a standard size carry-on rollaboard; we had two and ended up cutting our losses and putting them in the back seat, and our briefcase/totes/purse in the trunk. Rolling into an airport rental facility with the top down has its charm

-J.
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Feb 6, 2020, 4:34 am

Can someone please fill me in what the differences are between a ‘standard sport manual’ and a ‘specialty sport manual’. One is quoted $50 more for a 2 week rental. Am I right to assume the extra $50 will get me a V8 opposed to a eco boost?
Old Feb 10, 2020, 11:38 am

Programs: BA
Just wondering if anyone is able to provide some advice. We have booked a Mustang in September on a one way rental San Francisco to LAX with Avis. It’s booked as Group K mid-size, Ford Mustang or similar. Will this be a coupe or convertible?
Old Feb 10, 2020, 11:58 am

I'm guessing you've booked on Avis' UK website! The picture they have for Group K is a Mustang hardtop, which I believe to be wrong - it should be a convertible as shown on Avis.com.

Last edited by davehadfield; Feb 10, 2020 at 12:03 pm
Old Feb 10, 2020, 12:08 pm

Programs: BA
Yes it was in the UK via the app - I had read online that it would be a convertible but as you say the picture on the app is of a hardtop.
Old Feb 10, 2020, 1:27 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Dehav
Can someone please fill me in what the differences are between a ‘standard sport manual’ and a ‘specialty sport manual’. One is quoted $50 more for a 2 week rental. Am I right to assume the extra $50 will get me a V8 opposed to a eco boost?
What country/what are the example vehicles? Avis US/Canada doesn't have manual vehicles, so I'd assume this is in Europe/South America somewhere?

Originally Posted by Aledin
Just wondering if anyone is able to provide some advice. We have booked a Mustang in September on a one way rental San Francisco to LAX with Avis. It’s booked as Group K mid-size, Ford Mustang or similar. Will this be a coupe or convertible?
I'd go with the description, not the picture.
Old Feb 11, 2020, 11:55 am

CHS Charleston - Standard

Hey all,

I am booking a reservation for an upcoming trip to Charleston. Picking up at airport CHS. Basically, just wondering does anyone have any experience with renting from the Standard group? Currently, its the same price as a full size for my reservation. From what I can tell the only two cars in this group are Volkswagen Jetta and Buick Verano. Do any other vehicles fall in Standard? I would love a Jetta but have the feeling when I get there am going to just end up in a Full-Size, which is fine. I am more just curious.
Old Feb 20, 2020, 5:57 am

Hi all,

Miami downtown booking coming up,
only have Preferred status.

Booked - Sports Elite coupe.

What am I likely to get?
I would rather get a Challenger R/T, Camaro SS or Mustang GT

Rather not get the nissans or Charger.

Any way I can email them the day before to ask? like with Sixt?

thanks

Last edited by suj999; Feb 20, 2020 at 6:10 am
Old Feb 20, 2020, 5:14 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by gormco02
Hey all,

I am booking a reservation for an upcoming trip to Charleston. Picking up at airport CHS. Basically, just wondering does anyone have any experience with renting from the Standard group? Currently, its the same price as a full size for my reservation. From what I can tell the only two cars in this group are Volkswagen Jetta and Buick Verano. Do any other vehicles fall in Standard? I would love a Jetta but have the feeling when I get there am going to just end up in a Full-Size, which is fine. I am more just curious.
Most likely, you'll get something from the full size category. I haven't been to CHS lately, so I cannot comment on the specific options there.

Originally Posted by suj999
What am I likely to get?
I would rather get a Challenger R/T, Camaro SS or Mustang GT

Rather not get the nissans or Charger.

Any way I can email them the day before to ask? like with Sixt?
No way to email locations with Avis. You can call them but with an outstation, you're gonna get whatever they have in that category. Most likely, Challenger or Mustang lately with some Camaros in the fleet. The Nissan is very elusive (I've only seen a few in the last 6 months with Avis).
Old Feb 24, 2020, 8:58 am
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
OK, traveling back to Milwaukee today. Avis just emailed me letting me know they have a Buick 4WD Enclave waiting for me. Does anyone know if it has remote start by chance? Thanks.
Old Feb 24, 2020, 11:10 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by hhoope01
OK, traveling back to Milwaukee today. Avis just emailed me letting me know they have a Buick 4WD Enclave waiting for me. Does anyone know if it has remote start by chance? Thanks.
Yes, all of the Enclaves I've seen have remote start. They feel kinda basic inside for their price, but it's not a bad vehicle to hop around in. The main drawback in my mind is the captain's chairs in the second row. They are very difficult to get a carseat into and then there is very limited room for kids' legs.
Old Apr 12, 2020, 1:36 am

I’m renting a premium car (Costco code) for 17 days in July for an extended road trip. I rented from a neighborhood location to avoid the daily fees at the airport (would have been $300 more). Knowing that the selection of cars is usually smaller at the neighborhood locations, if I don’t like what they give me can I swap it out at the airport? I’m in PHX. I’m also not opposed to paying a little more to get something decent, but going up to a luxury car is almost $400 more right now. Best strategy here?
Old Aug 18, 2020, 11:47 pm

Hi there, hope you'll forgive a drop in from a guy who usually "Flies Hertz"

I've got a reservation next month at SEA for a Ford Transit - 12 passenger or similar.

I can't recall any time in the past I've had occasion to rent a large passenger van, and there are so many possibilities on the Ford site, I can't answer this one on my own.

What configuration is Avis likely to have? Basically, I'm hoping for a vehicle that can hold 6-7 adults, as well as a pair of kayaks on the interior. Are they likely to have such a thing?

From the Ford site, it seems any "roof height" would work, but I might need the "long" or "extended" model.

Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.