Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Avis Fleet List (US & Canada Cars by Class)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2018, 7:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by FTR 787
hey folks, apologize if this isnt the right place to ask.

but does anyone know if theres a list of avis locations that offer their signature series cars? for example I was thinking of traveling in the PacNW area shortly, but was surprised that neither PDX nor SEA had signature series vehicles available. is it just no availability on my particular days or do they just even have those sorta cars up there?
At SEA I would skip Avis and get something from Sixt. Their rates for premium cars have been cheaper, and I've always had a very low mileage vehicle.
jackal likes this.
Old Apr 12, 2018, 11:55 pm

Originally Posted by WIRunner
At SEA I would skip Avis and get something from Sixt. Their rates for premium cars have been cheaper, and I've always had a very low mileage vehicle.

I would avoid Avis no matter what 😂😂😂. I only use them if the rates are a lot cheaper then National Tbh. National has better customer service and better cars in terms of well kept (relative to rental cars) and mileage.
Old Apr 28, 2018, 9:59 pm

Im looking to rent a Specialty Class car (Mustang Coupe or similar) at DTW. Would that get me a GT? If not, how equipped are the 'Stangs and what other cars have you seen at that location in that class?

Thanks in advance! Hoping to get something pretty decent.

Last edited by kray0991; Apr 28, 2018 at 10:00 pm Reason: Spelling error
Old Apr 29, 2018, 5:25 pm
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kray0991
Im looking to rent a Specialty Class car (Mustang Coupe or similar) at DTW. Would that get me a GT? If not, how equipped are the 'Stangs and what other cars have you seen at that location in that class?

Thanks in advance! Hoping to get something pretty decent.
Highly unlikely that you'd get a GT unless you can reserve it, which is usually significantly more expensive. It would most likely be a Mustang or Camaro. The ones I've seen, I've seen little consistency in the options. Some are very basic, others are quite nice.
kray0991 likes this.
Old Apr 30, 2018, 7:58 pm

Originally Posted by IAHtraveler
Highly unlikely that you'd get a GT unless you can reserve it, which is usually significantly more expensive. It would most likely be a Mustang or Camaro. The ones I've seen, I've seen little consistency in the options. Some are very basic, others are quite nice.
Thanks so much for your reply and yikes! The thought of a stripper Stang is not easy to swallow. Would you happen to have insights on the luxury class at DTW? I'm pretty sure there are 300s and MKZs there. Have you noticed anything else?
Old May 2, 2018, 3:02 am

Originally Posted by kray0991
Thanks so much for your reply and yikes! The thought of a stripper Stang is not easy to swallow. Would you happen to have insights on the luxury class at DTW? I'm pretty sure there are 300s and MKZs there. Have you noticed anything else?
Non-GT rental Mustangs are usually Premium trims in my experience.
Old May 2, 2018, 6:01 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by m907
Non-GT rental Mustangs are usually Premium trims in my experience.
Wow, consider yourself lucky if you're finding premium ones. I've been wanting to drive a non-GT but I've had to turn them down everytime I've seen them this year (probably 6-8x) because they were very basic. Most recently was DFW last week .they had >5 and they were all basic (not even leather seats).
Old May 9, 2018, 7:12 am

I'm renting a group Z suv in a couple of weeks will this include sat nav as standard?
Old May 9, 2018, 9:04 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by HODGI2
I'm renting a group Z suv in a couple of weeks will this include sat nav as standard?
I'd say that it's most likely. All the GM/FMC in this category that I've seen for the last year have all had nav. The only question would be the Sequoia. Avis gets a very basic version of this and I'm not sure if they gave nav or not. In any event, I'd avoid the Sequoia at all costs. They are so basic compared to the GM/FMCs. The GMs seem to the best equipped (all that I've had include leather, sunroof, lane departure/collision avoidance, etc etc).
Old May 9, 2018, 5:18 pm

Hi all. Does anyone know for the XC60 what model year Avis has? Any experience in DEN? I know this model got a significant refresh for 2018 so wondering if it's worth the extra $$ over a standard compact suv rate. Thanks.
Old May 9, 2018, 9:58 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jackgopack4
Hi all. Does anyone know for the XC60 what model year Avis has? Any experience in DEN? I know this model got a significant refresh for 2018 so wondering if it's worth the extra $$ over a standard compact suv rate. Thanks.
All of the xc90s are the new body style (as of about 2 years ago). But the xc60s are still the old ones. Have seen lots of these floating but no new ones yet. So not worth the $$ IMHO .

Last edited by IAHtraveler; May 9, 2018 at 10:18 pm
Old May 13, 2018, 4:38 am

Hello,
Booked a group W car from YVR on early July.
Jeep Grand Cherokee announced, what do you think i can expect ?
Old May 13, 2018, 7:35 am

SFO Avis rental car catégorie K convertible mustang or similar...

Hello,
i'm french and i have to spend some weeks in jun and july between SFO and LAX. I want to rent a mustang or camaro convertible with avis, but when i use avis plateforme, in france or other country, i can see that is "mustang or similar cat K"

Categorie K usa is convertible?

And what convertible car in category K mustang or similar in san francisco airport with avis rental car?

Thank you very much for your help.
Old Jun 7, 2018, 4:25 pm

Programs: Aer Lingus
Hi all,

I notice something very strange on the Avis.com website when trying to book a Signature Series car (group XD). It's not listed in the wiki above and elsewhere on the Avis website, it refers to a Select Series, not a Signature Series. Anyway...LAX lists a Jaguar F-Type Coupe "or similar". When I click on the link that shows the "or similar" alternatives, it says that an XF is offered under the "or similar" class. I'd love an F Type but not an XF...is this just a weird error on the website or does Avis actually try and offer the XF as a similar car the to F Type? Thanks in advance for any help.
Old Jun 11, 2018, 7:23 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I received a Dodge Charger R/T in BTR (with return at MSY) this week. I'd never seen one of the R/Ts before and it was listed on my receipt under "Fun Cars" or something like that for the class. It was a bit much for just me but the engine made a throaty roar that made driving pretty fun.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.