Avis Fleet List (US & Canada Cars by Class)

Old May 22, 2023, 6:24 am

Originally Posted by Rosspb
I have a reservation at LAS in May for a Premium (G), is the list still accurate, anyone know what's there currently?

Also what would be determined to be the best option if there's a choice ie best to worse from the list?

VW Passat
Ford Taurus LTD
Dodge Challenger
Dodge Charger
Kia Cadenza
Toyota Avalon
Volvo S60
Volvo V60
Rented two "Full Size" with the free upgrade to a premium recently in Virginia. One was a Dodge Challenger GT, other was a Chrysler 300S (both V6). Both were decently sized, and much bigger than the Taurus and other options. Can't speak for the Volvos and Avalon, but I'd take the Dodges if possible just due to the large size. Note the Challenger is 2 door so not quite equivalent in size to a Charger, but still a nice car if it's just one or two people riding. The V6 package offered decent power and got average 28 mpg on highway driving.
Old May 22, 2023, 9:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
Lots of Genesis G80 electrics at IAD yesterday, anyone know what class they are? Not on the list.
A_bap1 likes this.
Old May 22, 2023, 9:54 am

Has anyone actually gotten or seen a RAV4 at OGG or LIH?

Last edited by dougfoglesong; May 24, 2023 at 5:53 pm Reason: spelling error
Old Aug 8, 2023, 11:38 am

Got a booking at LAS in late August. Did book through a third party as coming from Europe and find it easier to be sure insurances are right with some of them.

Booking just says an SUV, but picture is of a RAV4 so I am assuming Group F (intermediate SUV) from what the AVIS website says as I can't get on their site even with my booking ref.

Anyone able to give me any ideas of a) what they're likely to have on a Sunday morning at 9am and b) what would be good to ask for as I don't really need an SUV, it was just miles cheaper than a Compact!
Old Aug 14, 2023, 3:34 pm

DTW selection pretty awful

Presidents club - only has two choices to upgrade in app from full-size rental - two front wheel drive Kia crossovers. Terrible service - first time Avis rental (status marched from hertz). I won’t be renting with Avis again
lgormley likes this.
Old Aug 19, 2023, 6:37 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
I booked an intermediate and am PC.
I guess I havent flown into ATL for a while but had a new experience.

Went to the app to see what car I got and it said "Express". Not sure what it meant. Then went to choose car. No options. This happens sometimes, I usually just keep trying. Every now and then a car would show up (just one) but it when I tried to choose it, it would say it isnt available anymore.

Walking past the main counter, I saw a line stretching to the elevators. Went to Preferred and another very long line but a sign pointing an "express pickup" tent which also had a long line.

Waited about 20min (the longest I've ever waited for a car at AVIS) in hot weather.. The guy asked what category I booked. I told him and he said something like "hmm..." trying to figure things out I guess. I added "I'm PC so you could upgrade me too". Then he said the problem is "We don't have intermediates here, you know what, you can have this car here" Which was an Elantra that has been parked there for a while (with the engine running). I was a little confused because it I thought an Elantra WAS an intermediate car. I thought about trying to push for an upgrade because I happened to have two other people with me and I was giving another two a ride driving an hour away but didn't push it since I'd already been waiting and they seemed like they were short on cars.

Normally, I get assigned car on the app, then I can choose something on the app. If that fails, I can just goto the preferred counter where is usually no line and ask for something better. I know there is no guarantee of an upgrade, but I've never not gotten one before.

With this "Express pickup" tent, it sounds like everyone just gets in a line and literally gets the luck of the draw, which ever car happens to show up. It doesnt seem faster and you don't really get a choice. I'm not a fan.
Old Sep 18, 2023, 8:11 am

Originally Posted by sharplea
Got a booking at LAS in late August. Did book through a third party as coming from Europe and find it easier to be sure insurances are right with some of them.

Booking just says an SUV, but picture is of a RAV4 so I am assuming Group F (intermediate SUV) from what the AVIS website says as I can't get on their site even with my booking ref.

Anyone able to give me any ideas of a) what they're likely to have on a Sunday morning at 9am and b) what would be good to ask for as I don't really need an SUV, it was just miles cheaper than a Compact!
Thought I'd come back and update on this. Booking was very smooth but they had NOTHING available other than what was pre-allocated. As it happens the first vehicle they pre-allocated me had a broken trunk door so I ended up in a RAV4 with 8k miles on the clock.

Was very nice.
Old Sep 26, 2023, 4:44 am

LAX Full-Size

Hey everyone! Does anyone know what Avis’s current Full Size range is? Eg are the mostly all Camrys?

Also what are the chances of having CarPlay in them? I hired from Budget last time so got to choose my own car, didn’t realise that wasn’t a standard thing in the US.

thanks!

Originally Posted by LAX
With rental rates pretty high, I am trying to get the smallest class I can get away with. When I looked up the differences in vehicle size on Avis Car Guide, it lists a "Full size" (Camry or similar) as having trunk space of fitting 2 large & 2 small bags while an "Intermediate SUV" (RAV4 or similar) as having cargo space of fitting only 1 large & 1 small bags. Does it sound right? I have no idea how big a Camry's trunk is in person, but does it really have more room than a RAV4 (with all seats occupied)? I understand "similar" vehicles can have more or less room, but that difference on average (across all vehicles in both classes) doesn't seem right to me. What do others here think?

LAX
Old Nov 28, 2023, 1:29 pm

Programs: Eurobonus Gold [*AG], Finnair Gold [OWS] HHonors Diamond, Hertz Pres Circle
I will be renting at the San Francisco, Hilton O'Farrell San Francisco location.
Currently I have a booking for one E and for one F since I can't make up my mind if need a SUV or not. Regarding what to expect, is it Camry and RAV4 that would be the safest be?
I'm PC, however according to t&c; Euro ones are not recognized in USA but based on experience the status is sometimes honored after all if this makes any difference of car.
Old Nov 28, 2023, 1:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
In my recent fullsize rentals I have rented a Camry and a K5. They also had Altimas and lots and lots of Malibus.

-J.
Auto Enthusiast and GOTBound like this.
Old Dec 14, 2023, 6:00 am

Programs: BA Silver, SPG Gold, Amex Plat, BA Amex PP
I have a booking end of next week at LAX for a Standard Elite SUV. Is there a higher chance of getting a particular model?

Is there a prevalent model in the fleet list or is there generally an equal mix of the vehicles shown on the Avis website.
Old Jan 1, 2024, 5:40 pm

Programs: Avianca LifeMiles. Hilton (G), Meliá (G), Radisson (G). National Car (EE), Hertz (PC), Avis (PC)
I'm PC thru my credit card. I have never used PC benefits before. I booked a full size sedan at LAX for April. According to the program, I can get "free two car class upgrade when reserving a midsize or above".

What are the next two classes? Avis website is not sorting the cars by class so I'm not sure which ones are above full size sedan. But my guess is that Premium and Intermediate SUV are the next ones, despite full size hybrid is sandwiched between them.

If you ask me, I don't feel a VW Passat, a Toyota Rav4, or a Prius is an upgrade from a Chevy Malibu. I would love get a super upgrade and drive a Chrysler 300. What should I expect?

Last edited by ariel_sjo; Jan 1, 2024 at 6:40 pm
Old Jan 26, 2024, 6:38 pm

The fleet list in the #1 post is not available anymore? I now just see rows of '[*]'.
Old Jan 26, 2024, 7:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by lzhhawk
The fleet list in the #1 post is not available anymore? I now just see rows of '
  • '.
Welcome to FlyerTalk. The list is available in the wiki above the first post. You may need to be a member for longer to view or edit it.

-J.
Old Jan 29, 2024, 10:34 am

Programs: BAEC: Bronze
Off to MIA in October, I've put down for a minivan (Chrysler Pacifica), what would be considered an upgrade on that?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.