Avis Fleet List (US & Canada Cars by Class)

Old May 25, 2022, 7:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Only 3 car types in off airport location close to YYZ

I tried to book a cheaper rental as prices at YYZ Avis are just insane. However they only have 3 cars types available: Intermediate, full size and standard SUV. Is there anyway I can reserve other types of car (family trip so I need a bigger car)?

Thanks in advance!
Old Jun 2, 2022, 1:58 am

Programs: CO Platinum/1K, SPG Platinum/Ambassador
Was just at SNA and scored an Acura TLX as an upgrade. The guy offered me a 300...I requested to walk the aisle and come back with a few spot numbers, and he obliged. When I asked about the TLX, his response was something along the lines of "you want that? OK" which lead me to believe maybe it wasn't considered a two class upgrade from a Full Size. Anyone know what it (and the Lexus ES parked next to it) is considered category-wise?
Old Jun 4, 2022, 3:35 pm
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dparkinson
Was just at SNA and scored an Acura TLX as an upgrade. The guy offered me a 300...I requested to walk the aisle and come back with a few spot numbers, and he obliged. When I asked about the TLX, his response was something along the lines of "you want that? OK" which lead me to believe maybe it wasn't considered a two class upgrade from a Full Size. Anyone know what it (and the Lexus ES parked next to it) is considered category-wise?
When I've had them, Acura & Lexus sedans and SUVs are considered specialty. Good call on taking an Acura over the Lexus. All the Acuras are more fun to drive and seem much newer inside.
Old Jun 6, 2022, 9:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Intermediate SUV at YYZ

Any idea about what model they have there?
Old Jun 9, 2022, 6:39 pm

Originally Posted by nacho
Any idea about what model they have there?
Take a look at one of our FTer's channel:
Old Jun 10, 2022, 5:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jizen
Take a look at one of our FTer's channel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkDDZP6fWSY
Thanks! That looks promising, unless they said they are all reserved.
Old Jul 4, 2022, 12:56 pm

Avis "Luxury" rented for Jul 8-11 from SFO. Odds that the vehicle is anything but a Chrysler 300?
Old Jul 9, 2022, 6:40 am

Car hire at O'hare in July is extortionate, but I've managed to get a Class L booking for a reasonable price.

Any idea what I should expect? I'm hoping I get something with extended trunk space.
Old Jul 17, 2022, 1:34 pm

Ive booked a standard elite coupe from IAH. Any idea what Im likely to get?
Old Jul 17, 2022, 3:57 pm

Little Data point.

Orlando airport - class Z - full size SUV.

Pretty much full of Nissan Armada V8's.
Old Jul 21, 2022, 3:04 pm

Originally Posted by LouNanne
Does anyone happen to have insight into the fleet at ANC? I am taking a fishing trip up there later this summer and am contemplating either a W, L, or truck.
What did you end up renting? I'm headed to ANC next month and have a reservation for a pickup truck. Just curious what they have available in the truck category.
Old Jul 29, 2022, 3:06 pm

Hi,

I’ll be traveling from EU to California in September. After staying a few days in San Francisco, I will picking up a group L car in SFO (this class is not available downtown).

I’m concerned about the long queues people are currently experiencing at SFO. As Avis Preferred but non-US citizen, will I be able to use the app and skip the counter? Just wondering if they need to do some additional verifications that would require me to stop by the counter (the car has been prepaid online). I really don’t want to queue for hours (who does?) before starting this roadtrip.

Thanks for your help.

Last edited by jeanft1; Jul 29, 2022 at 3:23 pm
Old Jul 30, 2022, 11:20 pm

Originally Posted by kayla_m
What did you end up renting? I'm headed to ANC next month and have a reservation for a pickup truck. Just curious what they have available in the truck category.
FYSA, Avis Alaska is independent (their franchise dates back to 1954 or something) and the upshot is that they don't participate in the rewards program. There is no "skip the counter" option for Preferred members, and your receipt will not be in the app. I'm AVIS PC and only got exactly what I reserved there last month. The week after, for comparison, I had the pick of the lot in the lower 48.

TLDR: Reserve what you need at ANC; you won't get any status upgrade there. I recall seeing some basic F-150s, but not many.
Old Jul 30, 2022, 11:51 pm

Programs: Marriott, Wyndham, Choice Rewards, IHG One, SWA RR, JetBlue TB, Enterprise +, Alamo Insider, Avis PC
Full size trucks at Kansas City

I'm flying into Kansas City (MCI) in mid-October and have rented a full size truck for the week. I have Avis Preferred and the current list was saying a Ram Rebel or similar. Does anyone know what MCI usually tends to have available for full size trucks?
Old Jul 31, 2022, 10:27 am
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars
Original Poster

Originally Posted by VWAffe
FYSA, Avis Alaska is independent (their franchise dates back to 1954 or something) and the upshot is that they don't participate in the rewards program. There is no "skip the counter" option for Preferred members, and your receipt will not be in the app. I'm AVIS PC and only got exactly what I reserved there last month. The week after, for comparison, I had the pick of the lot in the lower 48.

TLDR: Reserve what you need at ANC; you won't get any status upgrade there. I recall seeing some basic F-150s, but not many.
Of the 4 times I've rented there, I've gotten the following on full-size reservations as a CHM:
1. Taurus x2 @ ANC
2. RAV4 - They acted like it was a HUGE upgrade but they didn't have any sedans on the lot @ Anchorage downtown
3. Atlas - I got to the site ~20 minutes early and was told they wouldn't have my car ready until my pickup time. They had ~15 trucks/SUVs/minvans/compact cars. I went for a walk and came back exactly at my pickup time and they had the exact same cars on the lot as 20 minutes earlier. I was given the choice of tiny cars or the Atlas @ Anchorage downtown

Originally Posted by tommyboy74
I'm flying into Kansas City (MCI) in mid-October and have rented a full size truck for the week. I have Avis Preferred and the current list was saying a Ram Rebel or similar. Does anyone know what MCI usually tends to have available for full size trucks?
I've seen a good mix of F150s, Sierras, RAM 1500s and Tundras (the old body style) in the last few months. Nearly all were purchased used that I've seen (license plate frame, front license plate, Florida "PM" registrations, dealer stickers and even some with personalized stickers on some rear windows). Some are very well equipped while most are on the more basic side, so it really depends when/where you show up.
Auto Enthusiast likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.