Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Avis Fleet List (US & Canada Cars by Class)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2021, 8:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by joe2
Silly Question but I've an existing Alamo Compact booking but I am seeing a $25 (overall cost over 3 days) cheaper option with Avis - Premium car at SLC. The reviews have been favorable for Alamo vs Avis at SLC - wondering what you folks' opinion is. Should i cancel Alamo and go with Avis? My trip isn't till early Sept
Sounds like a no-brainer to me. I've always been relatively happy with Avis at SLC. If you really want, book both and just no-show one of them.

-J.
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Jul 17, 2021, 1:17 pm

Originally Posted by GW McLintock
Sounds like a no-brainer to me. I've always been relatively happy with Avis at SLC. If you really want, book both and just no-show one of them.

-J.
Ty !
Do you know if I can avoid the rental desk and pick the car from the lot at SLC for AVIS? I know Alamo is allowing me to do that but from what I read AVIS doesn't or has some booth of sorts which gets crowded at SLC?
Old Jul 17, 2021, 1:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Ty !
Do you know if I can avoid the rental desk and pick the car from the lot at SLC for AVIS? I know Alamo is allowing me to do that but from what I read AVIS doesn't or has some booth of sorts which gets crowded at SLC?
They have a booth but as long as you are a member you can skip it and go straight to your car.

-J.
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Jul 17, 2021, 2:56 pm

They have a booth but as long as you are a member you can skip it and go straight to your car.

-J.
Thanks
One more question, while switching to AVIS + Premium I got a cheaper quote for AVIS + Intermediate SUV (cheaper by 50 bucks) - I am not a fan of SUV but was curious to see outside of the Mazda 5, what do they offer as Int. SUV at SLC?
Old Jul 17, 2021, 3:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks
One more question, while switching to AVIS + Premium I got a cheaper quote for AVIS + Intermediate SUV (cheaper by 50 bucks) - I am not a fan of SUV but was curious to see outside of the Mazda 5, what do they offer as Int. SUV at SLC?
Mazda5 is not an SUV and you certainly would not receive one.

I rented from there in May and got a Ford Explorer on my compact reservation. They had a lot of different vehicles on the lot so you could get just about anything. I think I recall seeing a couple of Ford Escapes. Luckily the roads are bigger in Utah so an SUV should not bother you much.

-J.
Old Jul 17, 2021, 3:41 pm

Mazda5 is not an SUV and you certainly would not receive one.

I rented from there in May and got a Ford Explorer on my compact reservation. They had a lot of different vehicles on the lot so you could get just about anything. I think I recall seeing a couple of Ford Escapes. Luckily the roads are bigger in Utah so an SUV should not bother you much.

-J.
Thanks ! Apologies, I meant Mazda CX 5
Old Jul 18, 2021, 3:37 am

Programs: BA
In the unlikely event that our trip goes ahead we’ve got a one way rental for 9 days booked in September from San Fran dropping off at Hollywood Burbank. Booked group K - will it always be a Mustang or will they try and fob us off with something else since it’s a one way?
Old Aug 7, 2021, 4:06 pm

Renting a hybrid from DEN towards end of the month, anyone know what the fleet is like?

I see Nissan altima hybrid is on the list...my last choice.
Old Aug 7, 2021, 10:01 pm
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Gobringo
Renting a hybrid from DEN towards end of the month, anyone know what the fleet is like?

I see Nissan altima hybrid is on the list...my last choice.
​​​​​​I've seen a ton of Toyota Prius (Prii?) in Avis fleets the past few months. There used to be lots of Fusion and C-Max hybrids but not in the past ~3 years, unfortunately.
Auto Enthusiast and Gobringo like this.
Old Aug 15, 2021, 2:43 pm

Does anyone know what to expect when picking up at Orlando International MCO, group E. The Avis says Camry 2019 (why so specific in the year)? Thanks guys!
Old Aug 19, 2021, 7:46 am

Also just noticed that my group L reservation for March ‘22 has changed description in the App. My “Chevrolet Surburban or Similar” has changed to “Ford Expedition 2018 or Similar”. Since when, and for why, has Avis started putting model years in their descriptions?
Old Sep 10, 2021, 4:57 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Gold, AS Gold, SPG Gold, Emerald Club
Looking to rent at SNA airport next month. The Avis app shows a Challenger R/T as the only option under "Standard Elite Coupe".

Is that accurate? Or are there other models waiting to ambush me on the lot?
Old Sep 11, 2021, 1:05 am

Programs: WN A-List Preferred, AS, DL Kryptonium
My July minivan rental at CVG ended up being a brand new 2022 Kia Carnival EX with 8 miles on the odometer, so it looks like Avis did add some to the fleet. It was very comfortable for a road trip.
Old Sep 21, 2021, 6:42 pm

Booked 9 days of a Chevy Suburban at FCA (Glacier Park Airport). Got a 2021 Chevy Suburban Z71 (off-road) trim. Perfect for exploring some of the more remote bits of the park.
Old Sep 22, 2021, 8:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Saw a Charger Daytona at LAX the other day. Surprised they have that trim.

Today at SLC saw a few oddities. Some hybrid Toyota Sienna minivans, a Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma V6 (crew cab), and so many Mazdas.

-J.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.